HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
If the Habs can't move up and don't want Michkov....

TRADE THE f***ING PICK BACK

Let's say you trade it to Detroit and get 17th + one of their 3 2nds. Maybe you get 2.

I trade 5th for 9th, 17th, 41st. I had to throw in some later picks for the numbers to work on draft sim.

Habs got 9th - Dvorsky. 17th - Wood 41st - Ironically But.

Michkov is really good.
Benson is good
Reinbacher is good
Leonard is good.

In my opinion those 3 assets are better than any of those 1 players, so maybe because of that the Habs can't really move back..

Draft is deep and the Habs are stuck in a bad spot once again.
I don’t see how Wood lasts until 17. I would be shocked frankly.

It is one deep draft though, unbelievable.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm not old enough to have seen Perreault neither (except maybe in the 80s but by that point he wasn't in his prime and I don't really remember him). I saw him on tapes but I guess I'm the kind of psycho who enjoys watching vintage games.

Perreault's natural talent was unbelievable. Elegant and smooth. Had everything to perfection.
I'm old enough to have seen him play, and he was everything you said and more. A magnificent player

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don’t see how Wood lasts until 17. I would be shocked frankly.

It is one deep draft though, unbelievable.
Yeah agreed.

I also had to re-do the draft sim 4 times because Carlsson while those 3 are better, he checks all the boxes. Wood might.

Honestly, just trade back, but not too far.

9th.

5th- 8th.

Michkov, Reinbacher, Benson, Leonard ?

Take Wood. Someone else takes Wood, take whomever of those players is left.

Trade back to 9th, then maybe make a deal with the caps to move up to 8th and get their 2nd for taking on Mantha.

You now get Reinbacher, Benson, or Leonard and you have yet another 2nd that you could use with 17 to move up if need be.

Habs really want a centre, fine.

You can't get one, don't just sit there and pick if you're not that confident in them.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Yeah agreed.

I also had to re-do the draft sim 4 times because Carlsson while those 3 are better, he checks all the boxes. Wood might.

Honestly, just trade back, but not too far.

9th.

5th- 8th.

Michkov, Reinbacher, Benson, Leonard ?

Take Wood. Someone else takes Wood, take whomever of those players is left.

Trade back to 9th, then maybe make a deal with the caps to move up to 8th and get their 2nd for taking on Mantha.

You now get Reinbacher, Benson, or Leonard and you have yet another 2nd that you could use with 17 to move up if need be.

Habs really want a centre, fine.

You can't get one, don't just sit there and pick if you're not that confident in them.
Trading back is always an option and if it's interesting, do it, I'm down.

But my head says to move up. Throw that proverbial kitchen sink at the whole thing and go get your guy. This is the year that fits the timeline. This is the draft that brings more security in terms of "floor" to the top guys. Basically can't go wrong in the top 4. All in baby.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Trading back presumes you can go far enough back and still get a guy you like, so that's operating on the assumption the Habs don't see Leonard and Reinbacher a tier above Dvorsky/Benson.

And that's also assuming another team wants someone bad enough and doesn't see the tiers the same way you do.

I don't think the Habs are trading up or down. The teams above see things the same as everyone else does. And if people are trading up the sense is it would be for Reinbacher, and then Arizona would take Leonard.

Expect the Habs to stay where they are.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Fantilli is the guy I have the most doubts about vs his reputation.

Carlsson seems like he will be fine (or even more than fine). Smith is too sexy to not produce but might be a bit on the soft side. Michkov is electric and driven.

Fantilli is the guy who who has the dreaded mark of “lacking the toolbox” with which we’ve had horrible experiences with our own prospects.

Trading up to pick Fantilli is a tough one to justify when you could just have whoever is left of the top5 instead.

Imagine Carlsson becomes our Sundin? Smith — our Spezza? Michkov — our Kaprizov?

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I doubt the top 4 is Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith. I think SJ goes “off the board” with Michkov, Benson or Reinbacher.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Fantilli is the guy I have the most doubts about vs his reputation.

Carlsson seems like he will be fine (or even more than fine). Smith is too sexy to not produce but might be a bit on the soft side. Michkov is electric and driven.

Fantilli is the guy who who has the dreaded mark of “lacking the toolbox” with which we’ve had horrible experiences with our own prospects.

Trading up to pick Fantilli is a tough one to justify when you could just have whoever is left of the top5 instead.

Imagine Carlsson becomes our Sundin? Smith — our Spezza? Michkov — our Kaprizov?

spezza is one of the biggest losers in nhl history not sure i want that kind of player :sarcasm:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Dadonov was a cap dump. Gurianov, we'll see. Maybe the token Russian.
th-jpeg-89.jpg

I don’t see how Wood lasts until 17.

I have had wood that lasted far longer

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Id be so mad about being mad for weeks about trying to get ready to cope the pick in case they passed on ZackVei BenChkov just for them to end up selecting MatAry MichSon.

Reactions: Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad