Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
i think this tournament will basically decide who the ducks take at #2

if fantilli has a similar performance to his WJC and carlsson puts up better numbers, i expect carlsson to be the pick
I disagree a little bit on this. One tournament should factor into the evaluation but shouldn't override months of analysis they've already done on each player. In this tournament Carlsson will start out as Sweden's 1C. Fantilli is playing wing on a lower line with less talented players. I certainly expect that the Ducks scouting staff will take that into account.

Personally I believe that the Ducks have already decided on Fantilli at #2 along with 90% of the scouting community.

How angry would people be if we took Michkov but then took a swing at a big name player like Marner
Neither Michkov nor Marner are PV type players. He's been pretty honest about what he is looking for and it certainly isn't Marner who disappears when the going gets tough. And Michkov? I didn't see in the PV interview where he discussed the value of building a team with a small soft winger.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I thought it was a little interesting how Pat said there were some scenarios that could unfold before the draft. He could be talking about the Worlds coming up but also a trade even. I wonder if he'd ever entertain trading down with Columbus, just not sure what they really have to give.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I thought it was a little interesting how Pat said there were some scenarios that could unfold before the draft. He could be talking about the Worlds coming up but also a trade even. I wonder if he'd ever entertain trading down with Columbus, just not sure what they really have to give.
I don’t see the difference between Carlsson and Fantilli being so huge they’d make a trade that would be worth it for us. If they really, really want Fantilli they have another 1st to offer but I don’t see any way they’d entertain that.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

Could be a lot of things? Injury, WC performance, Fantilli returning to college, Michov defecting, trade, who knows?!

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Eichel is a tremendous player and an incredible talent, for Fantilli to potentially be ahead of him at this stage is really something
I will say that with the way Fantilli plays, he could be a much better impact player than Jack. Before and after surgery, Eichel didn't really tilt the game as much as you'd hope. His strength comes from good patience with the puck and skilled hands.

Fantilli plays a much higher octane game which is ideal in today's NHL. He just needs to work on using his teammates better and improving his decision making with the puck. If he can do that, he can absolutely feast on the NCAA and/or AHL next year.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Agree. From what I've been reading his compete level is extremely high. Like a dog on a bone. That and his nasty streak really have me hyped on him. That's the kind of leadership that wins playoff games. Exactly what is missing from all the talent in Toronto.
Exactly the reason I’m higher on him. He seems to have the desire to want to step up and be “the guy” during crunch time. There are enough playmakers among Z, TT and McT. There needs to be someone with a shooter’s mentality who wants the puck on his stick as he slides across the slot to snipe it top corner.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I will say that with the way Fantilli plays, he could be a much better impact player than Jack. Before and after surgery, Eichel didn't really tilt the game as much as you'd hope. His strength comes from good patience with the puck and skilled hands.

Fantilli plays a much higher octane game which is ideal in today's NHL. He just needs to work on using his teammates better and improving his decision making with the puck. If he can do that, he can absolutely feast on the NCAA and/or AHL next year.
Yep, that might be one area where i feel Eichel might've been slightly ahead of him. Eichel was quite polished offensively although he may not have had the horsepower of Fantilli

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Horsepower and tenacity. Fantilli's "deficiencies" can be coached.
Not only can they, but he seems to be a guy that wants those deficiencies coached out of him. I feel a lot better about picking him reading some of the articles posted above... if Bedard becomes a better Pat Kane (winger who scores tons but if he's mostly an offensive guy) vs. if Fantilli can be Kopitar with a mean streak (maybe better offense and not as good defense?), that step down might fit better with what we have and what teams need to win (not saying that Bedard can't be a winner, but if he is better at wing, they still need a #1 C).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad