Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
You know at least we are in a really decent spot in our rebuild where missing out Bedard stings, but not horribly. We’re going to add an amazing prospect to an already stacked pipeline. Not to mention, our core producers are still very young. Exciting time.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Regarding Michkov, with the tensions with Russia will teams even be able to talk to, or interview him, pre-draft? If not, I could see that as a big reason he falls in the draft. Way too much risk for #2 OA.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Fantilli, I just think has the higher potential of he and Carlson. Wouldn't be upset if they did end up going Leo. I get modern day Sergei Federov vibes out him (Leo) which is a great consolation prize. All that said if Michkov was able to come over immediately that would be my pick. Either way all these guys possess special talents and it may ultimately come down to coaching development.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
alright I have to ask the more knowledgable posters on this..

what are the chances we get Byfielded with Fantilli?

I don't think it's 0% like some are saying, but it seems doubtful. Byfield was always one of the largest boom/bust players we've seen in some time because his physical skillset is insane. Fantilli's hockey IQ seems to be quite a bit higher than Byfield's. Byfield was also so much more physically dominating at the lower levels than his competition, and we know how that can hurt in the long run. Fantilli is physically gifted but doesn't rely on those attributes as much for his success.

So possible? Yes, but I'd say very doubtful. Different type of players.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Fantilli, I just think has the higher potential of he and Carlson. Wouldn't be upset if they did end up going Leo. I get modern day Sergei Federov vibes out him (Leo) which is a great consolation prize. All that said if Michkov was able to come over immediately that would be my pick. Either way all these guys possess special talents and it may ultimately come down to coaching development.
If Joyce Byers and Murray Bauman can succeed at rescuing Jim Hopper out Russia, maybe they can swing by Russia again and rescue Michkov from there.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really now has peaked my interest to watch the WC, hopefully the games don't conflict with the NHL playoffs. We have two players that Anaheim is going to be scouting, but think in the end it's Fantilli they pick, so hopefully he has a strong WC and can just get excited for our future.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Really now has peaked my interest to watch the WC, hopefully the games don't conflict with the NHL playoffs. We have two players that Anaheim is going to be scouting, but think in the end it's Fantilli they pick, so hopefully he has a strong WC and can just get excited for our future.
No, they don't. WC are much earlier.

I am going to 2 Canada games Live, obviously now much more stoked about those games, to see Fantilli. But I suppose Canada might be without any chemistry (their 1st and 2nd or 3rd game). Will see...

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I noticed Fantilli has typically worn #19. He won’t be able to wear that with us, but I see #19 was also already taken on the Canada WC team. So what number did he choose to wear for Canada? #91. And who was the last player to wear that for Anaheim?
1683643492764.jpeg

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Zero. High IQ player with strong compete level and 2way play and his numbers in NCAA are 2nd to only Eichel. The defense and 2way play of Beniers with the offensive ceiling of Eichel/Matthews.
The bonus is he has a bit of a mean streak to him :D
The difference isn’t huge but his numbers are actually better than Eichel’s. 1.8 pts/g while Jack was at 1.77.

He’s a couple weeks younger, too.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The MacKinnon comps are quite the reach. I don’t know what he can grow into.

Carlsson could be like a Nik Backstrom out there

Why are they a reach? They play an extremely similar style and have a lot of the same qualities.

I don't understand the Carlsson/Backstrom comps. Is it because he is swedish? He plays nothing like Backstrom compared to other better comps.

He is way more like Kopitar or Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad