Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
From the Fantilli prospect Thread - looks like blackhawks head of scouting certainly has Fantilli at 2.

“Our director of scouting was asked "How many generational players are in this years draft?"

His response: "I would say probably 2. Connor Bedard and Adam Fantilli are generational players. The other guys under consideration are really good pieces. Still yet to be determined how high their ceiling's are going to be, but just based off the past two years, the two guys at the top have the ability to be high-end and franchise changing players"

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
If the Hawks' scout really said Fantilli is a generational talent, then they will not be going anywhere ever again.
I think he meant franchise instead of generational which makes a lot more sense, although I think there are 4 franchise potential players in the draft not 2 personally

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he meant franchise instead of generational which makes a lot more sense, although I think there are 4 franchise potential players in the draft not 2 personally

Yeah generational is a real stretch, Franchise absolutely. Fantilli has the potential to be even higher than Getzlaf level, I call that Franchise potential.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
  • Manson Physicality in our system
    • 6'3, 203 lbs LD Benoit
    • 6'5, 225 lbs RD Warren

• Lindholm Physicality in our system
    • 6'3, 188 lbs LD/RD Hinds
    • 6'2, 201 lbs LD/RD LaCombe
    • maybe 6'3, 185 lbs RD Moore (He has been identified as a shutdown D)

With our 60th or 65th pick, we can try to go after 6'3, 198 lbs RD Andrew Gibson.

Anaheim has great depth on defense, but we're lacking top-6 scoring in our system. Rico won't be around for too long and he's not only got top-6 scoring, but good defensively compared to the rest of our forward group. We could have went top-6 scoring with our 22nd pick last year, but we opted for the physical player in Gaucher.

Our 2022 fifth round pick, Hvidston, was known as a shutdown D who gets into fights. Welp, he started scoring in bunches. Then in the off-season, Verbeek went and got more pugilists in forwards Wiebe and Caulfield.

Anyhow, here's who I want in the 2nd round and our 65th pick:

Surprised you didn't see my list of tall trees being drafted: two power forward types, a physical D, and a tall scorer from a weaker league.
Unfortunately Warren is very injury prone and a big project. Benoit is a Manson light definitely not as tough. There is a clear lack of depth of Manson style Dmen. Everything else agree

Reactions: duckpuck

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunately Warren is very injury prone and a big project. Benoit is a Manson light definitely not as tough. There is a clear lack of depth of Manson style Dmen. Everything else agree
Hopefully we get a D that is physical and can fight, but a forward or two that are the primary guys that fight. It's a lot easier to lose a forward for 5 minutes than a D. Hopefully we get/develope another Des that can play 4th line, PK, and fight.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
  • Manson Physicality in our system
    • 6'3, 203 lbs LD Benoit
    • 6'5, 225 lbs RD Warren

• Lindholm Physicality in our system
    • 6'3, 188 lbs LD/RD Hinds
    • 6'2, 201 lbs LD/RD LaCombe
    • maybe 6'3, 185 lbs RD Moore (He has been identified as a shutdown D)

With our 60th or 65th pick, we can try to go after 6'3, 198 lbs RD Andrew Gibson.

Anaheim has great depth on defense, but we're lacking top-6 scoring in our system. Rico won't be around for too long and he's not only got top-6 scoring, but good defensively compared to the rest of our forward group. We could have went top-6 scoring with our 22nd pick last year, but we opted for the physical player in Gaucher.

Our 2022 fifth round pick, Hvidston, was known as a shutdown D who gets into fights. Welp, he started scoring in bunches. Then in the off-season, Verbeek went and got more pugilists in forwards Wiebe and Caulfield.

Anyhow, here's who I want in the 2nd round and our 65th pick:

Surprised you didn't see my list of tall trees being drafted: two power forward types, a physical D, and a tall scorer from a weaker league.
Ducks don't need clones of Manson and Lindholm. They need good defensemen. They weren't winning with those two in the lineup. I like both players and wish they were still Ducks but we don't need to reproduce them to have a good team.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
We can just call him “the Italian”.
Gabagool GIFs | Tenor

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
It seems most teams have a couple in their lineup and in their prospect pool
Bullshit lol. There might be guys with size, or even guys that use their size, but there are not many that are useful beyond that.

I would love to know who you consider to be a similar player both in style and role as Manson in the NHL. I’m guessing like less then 15 total.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Ducks don't need clones of Manson and Lindholm. They need good defensemen. They weren't winning with those two in the lineup. I like both players and wish they were still Ducks but we don't need to reproduce them to have a good team.

If the Ducks can sign Gudas to a 3 or 4 year deal that would be perfect. I don't mind an overpay for that type of deal, even if the last year or 2 is decline.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I know I'm an old man yelling at clouds, but jfc, if you have two generational players in one draft, you're using generational wrong
Yeah, it should be reserved for the best player... maybe two if both are historically good (Ovi because of his goal scoring and Crosby). Right now and for the foreseeable future, that is likely going to be McDavid. At least that's the way I view generational.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Bullshit lol. There might be guys with size, or even guys that use their size, but there are not many that are useful beyond that.

I would love to know who you consider to be a similar player both in style and role as Manson in the NHL. I’m guessing like less then 15 total.
Schenn
Gudas
Dillon
McNabb
Gudbranson
Edmonson
Xhekaj
Sanderson
Trouba
Hamanic
Cernak
Cole
Bogosian
McCabe
Smith
Brown
Englund
Tinordi
Middleton
Lauzon
Foote
Mayfield
Schneider
Seeler
Gilbert
Zadorov
Nurse
Oleksiak
Dunn
Burroughs

There are definitely many more

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This is probably the tiniest detail but Ive seen some saying our COL 2nd rounder is locked in at 59, im almost certain this is wrong on the websites listing this as such. based on the standings it should be locked in at 56.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This is probably the tiniest detail but Ive seen some saying our COL 2nd rounder is locked in at 59, im almost certain this is wrong on the websites listing this as such. based on the standings it should be locked in at 56.
Colorado won their division. The teams that win their divisions are automatically slotted into the 25-28 positions based on points if they don't get to the conference finals. Colorado and Boston didn't make the conference finals and so pick 27 and 28 in round 1; 59 and 60 in round 2.

Reactions: GunnarStahl

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Division winners go behind non-division winners that didn't make the conference finals.

Reactions: GunnarStahl

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Colorado won their division. The teams that win their divisions are automatically slotted into the 25-28 positions based on points if they don't get to the conference finals. Colorado and Boston didn't make the conference finals and so pick 27 and 28 in round 1; 59 and 60 in round 2.
Division winners go behind non-division winners that didn't make the conference finals.
Has this always been a rule? very weird if so. Why not just go by point totals? weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad