Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
again, don’t see the hype with Smith/Benson and the others in that tier. If we went with one of those players over any one else in that top 4 - I would be really upset lol

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
again, don’t see the hype with Smith/Benson and the others in that tier. If we went with one of those players over any one else in that top 4 - I would be really upset lol

No one is saying that. Smith and Benson are clearly outside the top 4, but they are better then anyone typically available at 5 or 6.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Given that this is the year Michkov is drafted, i find it very worrysome that his dad suddenly been found dead. The Russian's that i've talked to pretty much don't trust anything their former country says, even more so now since this past year. I'm very high on Michkov and want him to succeed in the NHL but now i'm starting to worry again about his situation there.

Ducks really need to end up with a Top3 pick so they don't get to be the team at #4 that has to make the tough choice between Michkov and Benson/Smith.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Also was just reading through Pronman's most recent ranking from back in early March. Interesting to see him place Nate Danielson at 5th overall behind the usual big four. Pronman isn't the only one to have him ranked in his top 10 but it's seems somewhat out of character in that he's typically the high guy on the more pure skill types. Whereas I gather that Danielson is more of a jack of all trades (has him compared to Cozens).

Reactions: Beckett

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Also was just reading through Pronman's most recent ranking from back in early March. Interesting to see him place Nate Danielson at 5th overall behind the usual big four. Pronman isn't the only one to have him ranked in his top 10 but it's seems somewhat out of character in that he's typically the high guy on the more pure skill types. Whereas I gather that Danielson is more of a jack of all trades (has him compared to Cozens).

I see RW Halttunen ranked 30th. I hope he can fall to us in the 2nd round.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I see RW Halttunen ranked 30th. I hope he can fall to us in the 2nd round.
He'd be a great pick late in the first. Ducks could really use a big physical winger with a great shot on the wing. Good skater for his size too

Edit: We dont have a late first this year... He could make it to our first 2nd though

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County

Nice right up on Lardis. Going to be the steal of the draft

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He'd be a great pick late in the first. Ducks could really use a big physical winger with a great shot on the wing. Good skater for his size too

Edit: We dont have a late first this year... He could make it to our first 2nd though

What could make Halttunen fall to the 2nd round is his lack of offensive performance at the Liiga level. This could imply that he's using his big body against peers well, but against men, Halttunen hasn't done much. A team has to gamble that Halttunen can continue to get better against men or become the next Nick Ritchie. At least drafting Halttunen in the 2nd round isn't as egregious as drafting a Ritchie at 10th overall.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Most people have answered it this way but just to clarify I was referring to the three as pre-draft prospects
Smith, Zegras, McTavish

But I was pretty low on McTavish. Smith is 100% #1 though. So many prospects this year have not gotten the hype because of what the guys in the top 4 have done.

Benson is the best player on his team that has 3 other 1st rounders in their D+1 and D+2. 2 of which went 9 and 11 last season. All while having an amazing 2-way game. He is basically Marchand without the douche part of his game. He had a better season then Shane Wright did last year who was the favorite to go #1 all the way up until the draft.

Will Smith is bigger and better then Cooley who went #3 last year and is largely considered the best drafted forward prospect in the world.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Leo Carlsson with 8 points in 9 playoff games. IMO I would take him before Fantilli.

Stolen from the prospect board:
SHL draft seasons since 1990SeasonTeamGPGAPPPG
Daniel Sedin (LW)1998-1999MoDo Hockey632529540,86
Henrik Sedin (C)1998-1999MoDo Hockey621430440,71
Leo Carlsson (C/W)2022-2023Örebro HK531122330,62
Elias Lindholm (C)2012-2013Brynäs IF521119300,58
Nicklas Bäckström (C)2005-2006Brynäs IF501116270,54

SHL draft seasons since 1990SeasonTeamGPGAPPPG
Daniel Sedin (LW)1998-1999MoDo Hockey1348120,92
Henrik Sedin (C)1998-1999MoDo Hockey1328100,77
Leo Carlsson (C/W)2022-2023Örebro HK91780,89
Kevin Fiala (W/C)2013-2014HV7181560,75
Lias Andersson (C/W)2016-2017HV71164150,31
Rasmus Dahlin (D) D-12016-2017Frölunda HC143250,36
Adam Larsson (D)2010-2011Skellefteå AIK170440,24

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like Leo could make a strong case to go #2. We need to finish dead last. Any one of Bedard, Carlsson, or Fantill will help this rebuild a lot. All three of these guys are projected to be better than anyone we have now, and that’s being nice…to our current guys.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We really need 1OA so we're not the victim of comparisons between Carlsson/Fantilli for the next decade

We get either of these players though will be happy. I’m already expecting to drop. I think Carlsson makes the easier transition to the NHL, but Fantilli might have a slightly higher upside, but I don’t know how much.

Reactions: HanSolo

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
This is the draft thread lol

Look at me. This is the tank thread now.
Screen_Shot_2021-01-27_at_2.35.03_pm.original.png

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
We really need 1OA so we're not the victim of comparisons between Carlsson/Fantilli for the next decade
I really don't care at this point. Bedard is probably going to a team outside the top 4 on sheer variable f***ery of the odds. I haven't been letting myself think we'll get Bedard even if we finish dead last. I mean I ran the Sim 5 times from us in last place and we got first overall once (fell to 3rd each time).

Bedard is a franchise borderline generational pick but Carlsson, Fantilli, Michkov could each go first overall in any number of drafts since 2016. This may be the most top heavy draft in recent memory. Any other year we'd be ecstatic to get someone like Will Smith (cracks me up just to type it out). I just want to see us get last place so we can guarantee ourselves one of these big prizes. All it takes now is another win or a couple loser points from San Jose and we can guarantee no lower than fourth overall. But the Michkov risk really dampens the excitement when you consider it could be a burned pick.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't care at this point. Bedard is probably going to a team outside the top 4 on sheer variable f***ery of the odds. I haven't been letting myself think we'll get Bedard even if we finish dead last. I mean I ran the Sim 5 times from us in last place and we got first overall once (fell to 3rd each time).

Bedard is a franchise borderline generational pick but Carlsson, Fantilli, Michkov could each go first overall in any number of drafts since 2016. This may be the most top heavy draft in recent memory. Any other year we'd be ecstatic to get someone like Will Smith (cracks me up just to type it out). I just want to see us get last place so we can guarantee ourselves one of these big prizes. All it takes now is another win or a couple loser points from San Jose and we can guarantee no lower than fourth overall. But the Michkov risk really dampens the excitement when you consider it could be a burned pick.

I’ve already put in my head we are not getting Bedard. Been trying to watch some highlights of Fantilli and Carlsson, and either of these guys would be like Elite level and help progress our rebuild significantly . Heck, even Smith looks like a top elite potential player.

If we land Bedard, well my wallet just got thinner, LOL! But It’s all good.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I’ve already put in my head we are not getting Bedard. Been trying to watch some highlights of Fantilli and Carlsson, and either of these guys would be like Elite level and help progress our rebuild significantly . Heck, even Smith looks like a top elite potential player.

If we land Bedard, well my wallet just got thinner, LOL! But It’s all good.
Yeah better to be pleasantly surprised that we win first overall than to hope for it/expect it.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
I’m a man of my word. We are having a HFRangers meet up the following weekend, no reason we cannot put together a HFDucks one with me picking up the tab.....

View attachment 682246
If you are actually going to pay the bill at Selanne's for a group you better bring your Platinum American Express card. I would be looking at less expensive, but still good, restaurants.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you are actually going to pay the bill at Selanne's for a group you better bring your Platinum American Express card. I would be looking at less expensive, but still good, restaurants.

I really do want to get a meet up going for the local Ducks fans, when I‘m in town in general, and if we do land Bedard, yeah it will be a nice place but not Selanne’s , lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad