Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
There's no way Verbeek takes Michkov and wants to wait 3 years to see reward.
If I was Chicago I would do that. They tore that team down to the bones then dipped them in acid. If they're going to be bad for at least 3 years might as well let him develop oversees and not hurt their own standings position. We have too many good young players to wait 3 years IMO.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If I was Chicago I would do that. They tore that team down to the bones then dipped them in acid. If they're going to be bad for at least 3 years might as well let him develop oversees and not hurt their own standings position. We have too many good young players to wait 3 years IMO.
Brand new GM who's not going to want to use the highest pick we have and not see it for 3 years out. Anyone that gets Michkov is getting a hell of a prospect.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Brand new GM who's not going to want to use the highest pick we have and not see it for 3 years out. Anyone that gets Michkov is getting a hell of a prospect.
For sure. But the team needs the infusion now. Not in 3 years sk I agree that PV won't likely do it. Hopefully we get 1OA and we do t have to make that choice.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
For sure. But the team needs the infusion now. Not in 3 years sk I agree that PV won't likely do it. Hopefully we get 1OA and we do t have to make that choice.
I could get behind that.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
since we know what the ducks are going into the draft picks wise now (we unknowingly knew all along) I decided to try the FC hockey simulator

A52D0AFE-7E4A-438F-A29B-46506F0B6B41.jpeg

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Long as we pick #5 at the absolute worst.... we good, we would get one of Michkov, Carlsson or Benson (Brayden Point playstyle comparable... the more you watch the more you like) I actually think there's a good chance Benson goes higher than #5. If we get #6 we are probably getting Will Smith... if we fall anything past that I don't know how much worst this year could go.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
So who is available at pick 6 or 7 cause as usual the Ducks late season run of decent games seems to be occurring. Just in time to knock the the Ducks out of a top pick.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The more I watch the more I like, he wins so many puck battles from just using his hockey IQ and he makes little 1 touch plays so much. He has the highest IQ in the draft after Michkov IMO. I got Bedard 3rd and Smith 4th hockey sense wise.

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

I have to agree with elite prospects... In terms of arsenal he might be the best shooting prospect I've seen ever. He can score legit snap shots from the blue line... It's almost good he's short he's learned how to manipulate his body motion and stick flex perfectly.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Long as we pick #5 at the absolute worst.... we good, we would get one of Michkov, Carlsson or Benson (Brayden Point playstyle comparable... the more you watch the more you like) I actually think there's a good chance Benson goes higher than #5. If we get #6 we are probably getting Will Smith... if we fall anything past that I don't know how much worst this year could go.
Whoever doesn’t get #1 out of Chicago/columbus, I have a feeling they will go michkov.

I think he’s too good to pass up and better than the other options at 2/3/4.

I agree I have a tough time seeing pv go michkov…. Im okay as long as we come out with bedard, fantilli, benson or carlsson

So who we going with at #8?
At 8 you’re prob hoping sale or smith stil there… if we end up 8th after this season that would be extremely disappointing.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m very high on Smith. In my opinion he would be in contention for 1st overall some drafts

But I want Fantili the most after Bedard

Henrique-McTavish-Terry
Fantili-Zegras-Strome

Last edited:
Reactions: Boo Boo

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Obviously the higher the pick the better, but honestly, a top 6 pick this year is the equivalent of a top 2 pick in ever draft since 2015.

Smith would have been the #1 pick last year.

Reactions: Leonardo87

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Whoever doesn’t get #1 out of Chicago/columbus, I have a feeling they will go michkov.

I think he’s too good to pass up and better than the other options at 2/3/4.

I agree I have a tough time seeing pv go michkov…. Im okay as long as we come out with bedard, fantilli, benson or carlsson

At 8 you’re prob hoping sale or smith stil there… if we end up 8th after this season that would be extremely disappointing.
Chiming in as a Columbus fan going around the boards for the other bottom feeders to see their fans' perspectives now post-deadline. I don't think there's much chance at all Columbus goes for Michkov. The organization's number one need is a solid top-shelf center, and the top of this draft has at least three if not five of them if you add Benson and Smith as well. Drafting for need is generally foolish, but I think it's more likely Columbus drafts fifth or sixth and Jarmo's choice is essentially made for him (much like last season with Chicago's pick being sixth overall and Jiricek falling into his lap). Future Columbus Blue Jacket Zach Benson is the most likely outcome.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Chiming in as a Columbus fan going around the boards for the other bottom feeders to see their fans' perspectives now post-deadline. I don't think there's much chance at all Columbus goes for Michkov. The organization's number one need is a solid top-shelf center, and the top of this draft has at least three if not five of them if you add Benson and Smith as well. Drafting for need is generally foolish, but I think it's more likely Columbus drafts fifth or sixth and Jarmo's choice is essentially made for him (much like last season with Chicago's pick being sixth overall and Jiricek falling into his lap). Future Columbus Blue Jacket Zach Benson is the most likely outcome.
Thanks for the insight…. Do kj and sillinger not fill that center spot? Honestly havnt seen how they have developed.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Thanks for the insight…. Do kj and sillinger not fill that center spot? Honestly havnt seen how they have developed.
Sillinger isn't a top-line C, and that's okay. He's taken a huge step back this season, so we'll see, but he's looking more like a solid but unspectacular middle-C. Larsen and the org seem reluctant to let KJ get any reps at C, it seems most likely he's settled as 2LW behind Gaudreau. We'll see what happens with Kuraly done for the year and the C depth reduced, though. The team went into the 2021 draft with MacTavish as their first choice but you guys spoiled that :)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sillinger isn't a top-line C, and that's okay. He's taken a huge step back this season, so we'll see, but he's looking more like a solid but unspectacular middle-C. Larsen and the org seem reluctant to let KJ get any reps at C, it seems most likely he's settled as 2LW behind Gaudreau. We'll see what happens with Kuraly done for the year and the C depth reduced, though. The team went into the 2021 draft with MacTavish as their first choice but you guys spoiled that :)

I feel like columbus and Anaheim are in pretty similar positions in terms of rebuild…. I def should pay attention a little more to Columbus. Def had strong 21 and 22 drafts.

I think a lot of people thought mctavish was a reach…. Buts he panned out pretty nicely so far…. Finally gives us a solid 1 timer on the power play(zegras is okay at that also). Mctavish is a nice blend of skill + size…. Wish he had a little more of a mean steak tho(closer to getzlaf)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I respect you guys and if Anaheim doesn't get #1 (very very likely), I hope it's Columbus. I cannot respect the tank job of Chicago and Arizona, and I just dislike the Sharks too much :laugh:

And there is also Elvis connection for me albeit he's getting you a few spots higher in the draft because of the season he's having :help:
I hope you guys are healthy and ready to go next season.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I respect you guys and if Anaheim doesn't get #1 (very very likely), I hope it's Columbus. I cannot respect the tank job of Chicago and Arizona, and I just dislike the Sharks too much :laugh:

And there is also Elvis connection for me albeit he's getting you a few spots higher in the draft because of the season he's having :help:
I hope you guys are healthy and ready to go next season.
I've really come around to the idea of you guys if not us. Of the bottom six teams, I think the two of us are the closest to competing again and therefore least likely to waste multiple years of Bedard's career still rebuilding (like will SJ or Chicago even manage to be competitive in five years? highly unlikely). And that's what I think is most important for the league after watching Edmonton spinning McDavid's tires for seven plus seasons now.

Poor Elvis. Losing Kivi really changed the course of his life and career. Obviously from my avatar, Korpisalo was my favorite player, but Elvis is so damn likable. It's just been devastating watching him struggle. But if those struggles result in Bedard in Columbus...

I feel like columbus and Anaheim are in pretty similar positions in terms of rebuild…. I def should pay attention a little more to Columbus. Def had strong 21 and 22 drafts.

I think a lot of people thought mctavish was a reach…. Buts he panned out pretty nicely so far…. Finally gives us a solid 1 timer on the power play(zegras is okay at that also). Mctavish is a nice blend of skill + size…. Wish he had a little more of a mean steak tho(closer to getzlaf)
Definitely agree. I thought so last season, too. Like the exact compositions aren't the same, since you guys have two high-end young C, but the teams are basically the same team.

We were thinking McTavish would be there at fifth for us, so I guess he's a reach in that sense. No one expected Guenther to drop all the way to ninth.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Obviously the higher the pick the better, but honestly, a top 6 pick this year is the equivalent of a top 2 pick in ever draft since 2015.

Smith would have been the #1 pick last year.
This might be true but it’s also pure copium. This team is so god damn bad they should be drafting top 5 at least. Accepting anything else is downright laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad