Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Take what you will.

I think Zell was leading that 2 years in a row prior to this.

Either way, I have no idea what goes into that metric :laugh: Is it points adjusted to league divided by the square root of their hair length? Well, it might be...

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Assuming we don't get a late first round pick at the TDL, we will have a top pick in the 2nd round. Who do y'all like at the top of the 2nd round? (Presume D Simashev goes in the 1st round.) Or who do you think might fall to the top of the 2nd round?

I'm liking 6'3 RW Haltunnen and hope he drops. He's dominating U20 in Finland as a 17-year old, but that offense hasn't translated yet in the Liiga in 26 games. He won't turn 18 until Jun. We gotta keep adding potential top-6 forwards. Plus side is that he isn't committed or playing in the NCAA.

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Assuming we don't get a late first round pick at the TDL, we will have a top pick in the 2nd round. Who do y'all like at the top of the 2nd round? (Presume D Simashev goes in the 1st round.) Or who do you think might fall to the top of the 2nd round?

I'm liking 6'3 RW Haltunnen and hope he drops. He's dominating U20 in Finland as a 17-year old, but that offense hasn't translated yet in the Liiga in 26 games. He won't turn 18 until Jun. We gotta keep adding potential top-6 forwards. Plus side is that he isn't committed or playing in the NCAA.
Whoever we add, hopefully we're drafting 2 forwards for every D that we pick (assuming there isn't a clear BPA d-man). I know we have more good young forwards in the NHL than we have D, but it would be great to pump up the pipeline a bit. Ideally big power forwards/defensive D with mean streaks.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Whoever we add, hopefully we're drafting 2 forwards for every D that we pick (assuming there isn't a clear BPA d-man). I know we have more good young forwards in the NHL than we have D, but it would be great to pump up the pipeline a bit. Ideally big power forwards/defensive D with mean streaks.

Yeah, we need more shots at top-6 type forwards. But there's also more roster spots to fill on the forward side. Our defensive prospect pool is deep that we can afford to lose a Thrun. Right now, our best hope for a top-6 is with our first pick in this year's 2023 draft. We gotta take swings at potential top-6 forwards just in case Tracey, Perreault, or Pastujov don't pan out.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Deuce22

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Who knows, Michkov could even drop to wherever we end up.
If the Ducks drop to #7 and if Michkov gets to #6, I see the Capitals doing whatever to trade up which would only be 4 to 5 spots since they currently sit at #10 but could drop to #11 or move up to #9.
Ovi then makes a phone call to Kremlin and asks them permission to let Michkov come play with him lol.

• Haha
Reactions: LePerilsofPerreault

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I was only half joking about becoming Russia-West. If they draft Michkov and potentially our best forward and best defensemen are both Russian then they should lean in heavily.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
There's no way Verbeek takes Michkov and wants to wait 3 years to see reward.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad