Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

Just outrageous how easy he made this look. Ducks would be kings of the shootout bonus point with a little lottery luck, Z/Bedard/Terry/McTavish is never losing the skills competition

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Looks like he's on the Zellwagon diet. (Scroll to the right the first pic was 2 years ago when he first signed with biosteel)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Man he got pretty jacked in one year.

He’s like a cross between a Crosby and Kane.

Stocky, strong, driven, not super explosive like Crosby… but offensively dynamic like a Kane.
He’s very explosive. He’s pretty much as good if a prospect as it gets. I think he’s on Crosby’s level as a prospect

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
First mock draft of the season, turns out the same group of us have been doing these for ten years now.
Mostly just a chance to take a look at some interesting prospects deeper in the draft.

Started off on a disappointing note, dropping from #2 to #4 overall in the lottery.

1-4- RW Matvei Michkov

2-33- C Charlie Stramel - Traded COL 2nd (49) + Ducks 3rd (66) for this pick.

2-34- RW Kasper Halttunen

2-64- RD Gavin McCarthy

3-86- LW Noel Nordh

4-98- C Connor Levis

5-130- RD Carter Sotheran

6-162- RD Hoyt Stanley

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
First mock draft of the season, turns out the same group of us have been doing these for ten years now.
Mostly just a chance to take a look at some interesting prospects deeper in the draft.

Started off on a disappointing note, dropping from #2 to #4 overall in the lottery.

1-4- RW Matvei Michkov

2-64- RD Gavin McCarthy

3-86- LW Noel Nordh

4-98- C Connor Levis

6-162- RD Hoyt Stanley

Mitchkov stramel and halttunen would be a nice draft

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Mitchkov stramel and halttunen would be a nice draft
I may be a pessimist, but there is no way that I would take Mitchkov in the top ten in this draft. There is way too much weirdness going on in the Russia/Ukraine war and the activities going on in Russia these days to make me comfortable with drafting a Russian player. We all need to pay very close attention to this. Getting Russian players to come to North America could be a serious issue in future years. I do not believe that it is appropriate to spend a very high draft choice on a player who may never come over to Anaheim, no matter what the talent level of that player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

1-4- RW Matvei Michkov

2-64- RD Gavin McCarthy

3-86- LW Noel Nordh

4-98- C Connor Levis

6-162- RD Hoyt Stanley

I still might go benson over michkov tho
I may be a pessimist, but there is no way that I would take Mitchkov in the top ten in this draft. There is way too much weirdness going on in the Russia/Ukraine war and the activities going on in Russia these days to make me comfortable with drafting a Russian player. We all need to pay very close attention to this. Getting Russian players to come to North America could be a serious issue in future years. I do not believe that it is appropriate to spend a very high draft choice on a player who may never come over to Anaheim, no matter what the talent level of that player.
oh to an extent I agree, I’d prob go benson at 4. I was just stating getting those 3 players in theory would be a good draft.

Just talent based, not so much the Russian factor

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It is a highly unpredictable unprecidented situation. It could play out that Michkov does arrive in north america in 2 years or something unpredictable happens such as him signing a 8 year deal with KHL team. It would be the Russian Kremlin applying pressure/fear to get a prospect like him to sign such a long deal with KHL team.
Heck a miracle could happen where he sneaks out of Russia before his KHL contract is over and plays in the NHL and is given asylum in the USA/Canada.

The ultimate boom/bust situation. He either makes it to NA or he doesn't. If he does, he'll be a Pocket sized Ovi.
What would the NHL do to compensate a team for wasting a #4 overall pick on Michkov who never arrives/signs ?

Nickname for him could be Pocket Ovi.

Last edited:

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Understand your position, but playing it safe when it comes to acquiring elite talent will never result in a championship. Same mentality as those who wouldn't trade for Eichel. I would prefer for the team I root for to be bold when the opportunity presents itself, not risk averse.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If they take Michkov #2 I would get it... If they didn't have him til #7 I would also get it. We'll see I guess. Total wild card with the situation and how talented he is. I really like the top 6 of this draft.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Michkov getting loaned to the worst team in the KHL might change his whole mind about staying in the KHL.

As for the Russian/Ukraine war, these prospects are hockey players and that's all they do. We're still drafting them. Maybe we treat them like Cuban baseball players wanting to defect to the US to play baseball. Yet, you do have a point about the uncertainty in the future b/c waiting 3 years is a long time for things to get even murkier.

This is why we have to win the lottery!

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, knowing our luck we'll have to make the Mitchkov decision in the draft. Given how bad a lot of these other teams will be after the TDL though (SJS/VAN especially), we might actually be lucky to draft in the top four.

Funny how we're seeing some of the worst NHL teams in modern history all in the same season when Bedard is the top pick :sarcasm:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, knowing our luck we'll have to make the Mitchkov decision in the draft. Given how bad a lot of these other teams will be after the TDL though (SJS/VAN especially), we might actually be lucky to draft in the top four.

Funny how we're seeing some of the worst NHL teams in modern history all in the same season when Bedard is the top pick :sarcasm:
Ya I don’t think we’re worse than Chicago arizona or columbus…. And I feel like Vancouver and San Jose after deadline will be right there with us.

Not really expecting to be there for carlsson bedard or fantilli…. Kinda hoping for benson

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Ya I don’t think we’re worse than Chicago arizona or columbus…. And I feel like Vancouver and San Jose after deadline will be right there with us.

Not really expecting to be there for carlsson bedard or fantilli…. Kinda hoping for benson

We could have had a bit of a buffer, too. The meaningless morale points are going to ruin this opportunity since I definitely don’t see them drafting in the top 3 after this year.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014

Yeah. If you would have told me before the season that we'd be -80 after 50 games and not only wouldn't be in last place, but would have six other teams hanging right next to us I would have thought you were crazy.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
missing out on the top 4 won't be as painful knowing there will still be guys like benson, smith, sale, and dvorsky available

this draft is just ridiculous

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
missing out on the top 4 won't be as painful knowing there will still be guys like benson, smith, sale, and dvorsky available

this draft is just ridiculous
Yea in terms of tiers i think im in the realm of

Bedard

Michkov(i think hes below bedard, but slightly above the next 3 in talent lvl, but i imagine hell go around 4/5)

Fantilli
Carlsson
Benson

Smith
Sale
Dvorsky
Yegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad