Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
indeed, even the great Kane is sub PPG pace last I checked. I guess bad things happen when you trade DeBrincat and Dach in the same summer.
The Hawks trading two guys who should've been key pieces in their rebuild including a multiple-time 40-goal scorer in Debrincat never made sense, I guess we'll find out how bad it was in a few years depending on how Korchinski and Nazar turn out but at the moment it isn't looking too hot considering Dach has finally found his groove and Debrincat is killing it as usual, meanwhile, Frank Nazar is potentially out for the whole season with a nondescript lower-body injury that required surgery, at least Korchinski's looking good so that's something for them I guess.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I wouldn’t write him off yet but if we get 2nd I kinda hope we go for Carlson over Fantilli

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Ducks will finally get the first pick and Bedard will pull a Lindros by demanding a trade while citing how crappy the franchise has become.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
As far as food goes Bedard has a high chance of enjoying either Chicago Deep Dish Pizza or Anaheim Tamales and Tacos.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm by no means a lottery conspiracist but damn it's hard to believe we'd win the 1st pick if we don't finish last lol. we really do have awful luck when it comes to that stuff lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I'm by no means a lottery conspiracist but damn it's hard to believe we'd win the 1st pick if we don't finish last lol. we really do have awful luck when it comes to that stuff lol
I think any team except Edmonton, NYR, NJD (and ok, Chi once with Dach) can say it. Very very very few move up and the rest stay the same or fall, that's the game.

Wait, you know what, probably even those teams fans complain because they could had won more :laugh:

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If we get Bedard and fire Eakins we are probably the absolute best place to start a career. Our young core with Bedard would be top in the league.

This doesn't make sense. We are missing a whole helluva lot of defensive talent to say it's the best place to start a career. If we compared the start of last season to the start of this season, they're polar opposites and we only kept McTavish for 10 games last season.

Our young forward core is already tops with Z, McTavish, and Lundy (and Terry if he's considered young). It's our lack of defensive core at the NHL level that's a problem. We're probably two to three years away to see where we're at with our young d-core.

As for Eakins, I'm indifferent about his stay here. As for development, I don't mind having Eakins around b/c at least his team doesn't quit on him, which is huge during an extended rebuild.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
This doesn't make sense. We are missing a whole helluva lot of defensive talent to say it's the best place to start a career. If we compared the start of last season to the start of this season, they're polar opposites and we only kept McTavish for 10 games last season.

Our young forward core is already tops with Z, McTavish, and Lundy (and Terry if he's considered young). It's our lack of defensive core at the NHL level that's a problem. We're probably two to three years away to see where we're at with our young d-core.

As for Eakins, I'm indifferent about his stay here. As for development, I don't mind having Eakins around b/c at least his team doesn't quit on him, which is huge during an extended rebuild.
I’m projecting it out over 10 or so years starting next year which is why I called it a young core. Yes we need some d but we also have a ton of d prospects in the system.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I’m projecting it out over 10 or so years starting next year which is why I called it a young core. Yes we need some d but we also have a ton of d prospects in the system.

Massive amounts of defenseman. And that’s not even including this years draft which will include more.

That kid Minty? Every single month is OHL defenseman of the month. He should be a lock on this roster next year same with Zellweger. This team is absolutely loaded with defenseman. And you also got Hinds. So many damn defenseman it’s hard to keep track of em all. Heck even Warren

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

The fact we have Terry, Z, and McTavish already is already a huge win. Landing any of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, or Michkov will continue to pump the Ducks up, though. It doesn't have to be only Bedard, but it would be more advantageous.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
The fact we have Terry, Z, and McTavish already is already a huge win. Landing any of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, or Michkov will continue to pump the Ducks up, though. It doesn't have to be only Bedard, but it would be more advantageous.

I don’t know how you can be in a league since 93-94 season till now. And not one time draft first overall. Like I don’t know how those odds are that bad. And it truly makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes when they do the ping pong balls

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I don’t know how you can be in a league since 93-94 season till now. And not one time draft first overall. Like I don’t know how those odds are that bad. And it truly makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes when they do the ping pong balls
The Canucks and Flames would like a word.
Hurricanes/Whalers and Sharks have also been around longer than the Ducks with no 1st overall picks. There is no agenda. Ducks have also never finished last in the league.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Ducks will finally get the first pick and Bedard will pull a Lindros by demanding a trade while citing how crappy the franchise has become.
Ah cool, so we will get a starting goalie, a top 3 defender, a good 3rd liner, 2 firsts and a Peter Forsberg type of prospect.

I'd take that.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Thats about 30 years so you should be averaging slightly less than 1 during that time period and the ducks have a pretty strong win percentage during that period. It's really not super shocking.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
thoughts on will smith?

bracing myself for the ducks to fall out of the top 4, losing their chance at bedard, fantilli, carlsson, and michkov, and thus ending up with smith

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
thoughts on will smith?

bracing myself for the ducks to fall out of the top 4, losing their chance at bedard, fantilli, carlsson, and michkov, and thus ending up with smith
The other Anaheim team has also had a player before named Will Smith lol.
I just want to know if Will can get jiggy wit it and how his slapping game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad