Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I just don't see Michkov as the 5th rated prospect. He has to be top 3, and you could easily make the argument that he's the 2nd best prospect in this draft.
He is the second best prospect. The problem is the gap is nowhere big enough for the waiting until 2026 or longer (?) plus everything going on with the world and what will be going on with the world in the next year or two IMO. I take Michkov 3rd after Fantilli but I'd be absolutely stoked to get Michkov. I just hope we get a top 3 pick at this point. I'd be happy with any of the 3.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I love Carlsson's game.. extremely skilled and advanced at the little things, not just for his size either. He's also built solid and already uses his size efficiently against men. Probably not done growing either so he could end up being bigger than Getz. I think Fantilli has a bit more speed and flash to his game but I'd honeslty have a hard time picking between the two at the moment.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I love Carrlson's game.. extremely skilled and advanced at the little things, not just for his size either. He's also built solid and already uses his size extremely efficiently against men. Probably not done growing either so he could end up being bigger than Getz. I think Fantilli has a bit more speed and flash to his game but I'd honeslty have a hard time picking between the two at the moment.
to me, top3 is the ''safe spot''. All those 3 guys can help you turn a franchise around, I hope we get lucky to get one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Btw, currently, we hold 3x2nd round picks (our, Avs, Boston). Ours will be basically a late 1st :laugh:

There's great top-end talent in this draft, but how deep is it?
hoping we can add a 1st from a playoff team and package that with our 2nd to move up to the middle of the first.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
hoping we can add a 1st from a playoff team and package that with our 2nd to move up to the middle of the first.
Here's hoping, grabbing someone like Dragicevic or Reinbacher with a second 1st round pick would be fantastic or Cristall if by some grace of god he's still available, the guys getting overshadowed by Bedard in the WHL but he's the only guy even close to Bedard's production.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Here's hoping, grabbing someone like Dragicevic or Reinbacher with a second 1st round pick would be fantastic or Cristall if by some grace of god he's still available, the guys getting overshadowed by Bedard in the WHL but he's the only guy even close to Bedard's production.
We would have to move up

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We would have to move up
Agreed but id much rather package a late 1st + our 2nd to move up into range of some of those player (if a situation happens where a guy we like starts to drop, kinda like krebs in the zegras draft until someone else took him)

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In my mind, I'm already giving the best odds to Chicago.
While I have not seen too much on Fantilli, I'd be so stoked to have our hands on Leo Karlsson. Great frame and drives so many plays against men already, he's ridiculously good:

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Something else crazy to think about is that Bedard is by far the youngest of the top 4 guys. He is like 8 months younger then the next youngest of the 3 others.

I would be so happy to get any of those guys but getting Bedard would be insane.

Reactions: Kalv and Trojans86

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So I just checked the current standings, technically we have played 3 games already, and Chicago can pick up up to 6 points and leap from us if we continue our slide. It sucks.

I am not trying to get my hopes up, but if we do get Bedard, I guess the suffering would be worth it
I feel it's meaningless to count any points and games now. Most of the season is still to be played.
Gotta look at trends and, well, Chicago as bad as they are now, are about to trade off basically all their top guys except Jones. They might be historically bad, and I just dont see anyone outsucking them. Gotta hope for the lottery if we want Bedard, I believe

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
the biggest issue with chicago compared to us is they have a goalie that is truly horrible. we have a young goalie trying to win games, and then another goalie who also wants to win. mrazek is just on a whole other level of awful. it's gonna be hard to compete against that.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
the biggest issue with chicago compared to us is they have a goalie that is truly horrible. we have a young goalie trying to win games, and then another goalie who also wants to win. mrazek is just on a whole other level of awful. it's gonna be hard to compete against that.
And yet we’ve still allowed more goals than them. Chicago’s issue this season has been offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad