Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Blue Jackets, Blackhawks, Sharks, and Coyotes. I don't see how we could finish below any of these. Those teams are depleted, and I think we will get our shit somewhat together.

We need to bench Fowler and Terry, lol. AKA the Regenda treatment.

First, we moan-n-groan about how terrible we are and how we have only one regulation win. I don't know how we're all on the same page that we're better than our record is today and may ruin our chances of landing Bedard, but we're here. What everyone is missing is we still have Verbeekening 2.0 coming at the TDL that will significantly increase our chances again at first overall b/c we're going to be adding a lot of youths at the TDL to play on the blue line.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
First, we moan-n-groan about how terrible we are and how we have only one regulation win. I don't know how we're all on the same page that we're better than our record is today and may ruin our chances of landing Bedard, but we're here. What everyone is missing is we still have Verbeekening 2.0 coming at the TDL that will significantly increase our chances again at first overall b/c we're going to be adding a lot of youths at the TDL to play on the blue line.
But other teams will try to out Verbeek us. We are in a good position for the race for the bottom, but other teams are trying hard to get there. I can see us ending up bottom five, be we really want to pick one, two, or three in this draft.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You think Anaheim is going to be the only team to do that? You can't be that naïve.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You think Anaheim is going to be the only team to do that? You can't be that naïve.

Your comment is exactly how you comment on McTavish doing nothing and just quick strike out of nowhere or comment on Fowler not notching a hit or counting stats in a win where he played over 25 minutes.

It's to have nuance and depth thoughts.

• Blue Jackets in 25 games with 18 pts (8-15-2) and 6 regulation wins.
  • Coyotes in 24 games with 18 pts (7-13-4) and 7 regulation wins.
  • Hawks in 25 games with 18 pts (7-14-4) and 5 regulation wins.
  • Ducks in 27 games with 17 points (7-17-3) and 1 regulation win.

The Ducks are playing better, but all we can still manage is to get to OT and hope to earn an extra point. Our TDL "may" be more destructive to our roster than others which "could significantly increase our chances" to landing the top pick.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Your comment is exactly how you comment on McTavish doing nothing and just quick strike out of nowhere or comment on Fowler not notching a hit or counting stats in a win where he played over 25 minutes.

It's to have nuance and depth thoughts.

• Blue Jackets in 25 games with 18 pts (8-15-2) and 6 regulation wins.
  • Coyotes in 24 games with 18 pts (7-13-4) and 7 regulation wins.
  • Hawks in 25 games with 18 pts (7-14-4) and 5 regulation wins.
  • Ducks in 27 games with 17 points (7-17-3) and 1 regulation win.

The Ducks are playing better, but all we can still manage is to get to OT and hope to earn an extra point. Our TDL "may" be more destructive to our roster than others which "could significantly increase our chances" to landing the top pick.
I think trading patrick kane alone is more impactful than the players we will end up trading away. Plus a lot of other teams and even more players. We aren't losing an impact player for us at the TDL and many other teams will.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Thing is Chicago isn't like Anaheim that will cave to season ticket holders threatening to stop going to games if they tank(remember the fair weather ticket olders screaming for Carlyle to be fired in 2019 ?), Chicago will have a lot of fans at their games no matter what. Murray tried to keep the tank going as long as he could before firing Carlyle.
Coach Tank aka Carlyle got us Zegras lol.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Me neither. Ducks will go on a streak and win 9 of 10 meaningless games right at the end of the season to ensure pick #4 or 5.
and it'll also happen after Season ticket holders protest like they did in 2019 over Carlyle and demand Eakins be fired and when head Coach/GM Verbeek steps in after firing Eakins they win 9 out of 10 lol.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Thing is Chicago isn't like Anaheim that will cave to season ticket holders threatening to stop going to games if they tank(remember the fair weather ticket olders screaming for Carlyle to be fired in 2019 ?), Chicago will have a lot of fans at their games no matter what. Murray tried to keep the tank going as long as he could before firing Carlyle.
This isn't true. They had terrible attendance numbers in the early 2000's, and they are trending that way again this season: Which NHL teams have seen the biggest gains and losses in attendance?

Screenshots for reference:

1670619925241.png

1670619937923.png

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Anaheim went to the playoffs with Carlyle in 2017-18. We traded D Pettersson to acquire F Sprong to give Carlyle more offensive support in Dec 2018, for the 2018-19 season. The tank didn't start until the 2018-19 TDL.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think we'll have a random "hot" streak and play ourselves out of top 2. Even if we finish last, no way we'd win the lottery. Best hope would be #2 pick (I really hop Chicago finishes last and drops 2 spots, though).
Yeah I agree

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
You guys overreact way too much to a random win here and there. We have the worst goal differential in the league and there are zero reinforcements coming. We will be in contention for the worst record down to the last week of the regular season
Yeah no kidding. We have the worst defence, and a bottom 5 offence and one regulation win in soon to be 28 games. This team is legitmately terrible and the worst team in the NHL.

And for all the talk of other teams being depleted, we're one Fowler injury from our top pairing being Kulikov-Klingenberg and the rest of the defence being AHL calibre players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad