Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

This guy would fit our team so well.

He’s 1st overall talent(just unfortunate for him that bedard is close to/if not generational talent)…. Shades of eichel Mcdavid draft.

I’ll be ecstatic with either of them…. Still hoping we find ways back into middle 1st/late 1st with deadline trades and potentially packaging picks to move up.

I know some people here want more shots, I’d rather have higher quality shots…. We need good talent asap

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
As months go by, we see talent rising and passing up Michkov. Not that Michkov's play has dwindled, but other talents are getting better. I think more talents will solidify being ranked higher than Michkov at the WJC.

Mock Draft2023
12-Dec​
MyNHLDraft.
12-Dec​
Lines.
1-Nov​
Wheeler.
19-Oct​
Sportsnet
PosPlayerPosPlayerPosPlayerPosPlayer
1​
CBedardCBedardCBedardCBedard
2​
CFantilliCFantilliCFantilliRWMichkov
3​
CCarlssonRWCarlssonRWMichkovCFantilli
4​
LWSaleRWMichkovCCarlssonCCarlsson
5​
RWMichkovLWBensonLWBensonCYager
6​
CSmithCSmithCYagerCBenson
7​
CYagerRWSaleCDvorskyCDvorsky
8​
CDvorskyCDvorskyRWDvorskyCStenberg
9​
LW/RWBarlowCRitchieCRitchieCRitchie
10​
C/LWBensonRWYagerCSmithRWSale

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
On a tangent: While looking up Fantilli's stats for the whole NCAA league, I was surprised to see Snuggerud as the #2 NCAA scorer (raw, not rate) with 27 points. He leads his team in scoring. RW Snuggerud was drafted right after we drafted C Gaucher. It's gonna be fun watching both at the WJC.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If someone drafts Sale over Michkov I'm excited to see how long before the GM is fired.
Same. Wheeler doesn't even have Sale in his top 10 lol.
Sale going to Chicago would be fitting though because Chris Sale played for the Chicago WhiteSox lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Btw, currently, we hold 3x2nd round picks (our, Avs, Boston). Ours will be basically a late 1st :laugh:

There's great top-end talent in this draft, but how deep is it?

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
Me neither. Ducks will go on a streak and win 9 of 10 meaningless games right at the end of the season to ensure pick #4 or 5.

I think this season is different.

I trust Dallas to prevent that from occurring this year. I think Pat is mandating a tank.

We are in the B Dard sweepstakes for the long haul. Team Chill!

Trust the Process…

Trust the Pondcess?

Last edited:
Reactions: Son of Gib

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I wouldn’t mind either Fantilli or Bedard.. Fantilli has the size and edge that I love, but you can’t deny Bedard and his explosive offensive instincts.
If you want to inject this future core with some strength and physicality but not sacrifice skill, getting Fantilli and then packaging a bunch of picks to move up to 10-15 like the Yotes did this summer to grab Barlow would be the move. Of course there’s a million different factors at play there. I suppose my point here is that I would love to see management find a way to get Barlow on top of whoever we get with the first pick lol.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If you want to inject this future core with some strength and physicality but not sacrifice skill, getting Fantilli and then packaging a bunch of picks to move up to 10-15 like the Yotes did this summer to grab Barlow would be the move. Of course there’s a million different factors at play there. I suppose my point here is that I would love to see management find a way to get Barlow on top of whoever we get with the first pick lol.

We still have a strength and physicality problem on the blue line. We're hoping 2nd rounders (Helleson and Warren), 3rd rd (Hinds), and/or 4th rd (Thrun) will be solutions. There aren't any top-end DFD guys in the 2023 draft. In 2024, there are quite a few big DFD's already on people's radar.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
We still have a strength and physicality problem on the blue line. We're hoping 2nd rounders (Helleson and Warren), 3rd rd (Hinds), and/or 4th rd (Thrun) will be solutions. There aren't any top-end DFD guys in the 2023 draft. In 2024, there are quite a few big DFD's already on people's radar.
The only two names that I think may be quality strong defensive defenders are Strbak and Reinbacher but I haven’t really read up on their game yet.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Yes - I love that way of thinking. I mean, its a big gamble, even if we pick in the top 3. Bedard aside, Fantilli is my number one choice.

I know people will harp me for the size issue, but it’s just one thing I can’t overlook. These generational prospects Crosby, McDavid, (arguably) MacKinnon.. they are all built so differently than Bedard.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Yes - I love that way of thinking. I mean, its a big gamble, even if we pick in the top 3. Bedard aside, Fantilli is my number one choice.

I know people will harp me for the size issue, but it’s just one thing I can’t overlook. These generational prospects Crosby, McDavid, (arguably) MacKinnon.. they are all built so differently than Bedard.
How? Bedard has a stocky build similar to Crosby and Mackinnon.

I do agree that It would be nice to have a few core players with size though.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How? Bedard has a stocky build similar to Crosby and Mackinnon.

I do agree that It would be nice to have a few core players with size though.
Yeah he ain't big but he's "hockey strong". Lower center of gravity and elite balance. He's thrown some huge counter hits this season

It flies under the radar with all the fantastic plays he makes with the puck, but Bedard is also a pretty aggressive and determined young player. He's uses physicality to win battles and races, then of course can just explode away with the puck.

He isn't an exact Crosby clone, but it's fair to say he's the most Crosby like prospect to come along since Crosby. He's going to be that type of presence in someone's lineup

Last edited:

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022

As others have said Bedard plays way bigger than he is, he's a really sturdy guy, he's already 5'10 185lbs at 17yo , he could easily end up the same size/weight as Crosby (5'11 200lbs) by the time he's finished growing and bulking up, he's nowhere near small enough that I'd be concerned about his size at all

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You guys overreact way too much to a random win here and there. We have the worst goal differential in the league and there are zero reinforcements coming. We will be in contention for the worst record down to the last week of the regular season
We ain't finishing last. Just wait until teams like Chicago start dumping Kane and Toews. The players we move aren't going to be as impactful as the type players the other shitty teams are going to start moving. Regardless of where we finish I just don't see Anaheim getting the #1 pick, luckily it's not the end of the world because the top 4 in this draft are ELITE level prospects (Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov, Carlsson)... then you got players like Sale and Will Smith who are IMO pretty close to a Cooley level (damn good).

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Here's highlights and shift by shifts of the current "best" defensemen in most rankings.

I think David Reinbacher would be a great pick for us if we could get another 1st. He's right handed but plays both sides, some have compared him to Seider at the same age (of course Seider had a huge jump from then)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad