Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft (mod warning 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Yeah i know its early but 2022 draft discussion started pretty quickly too last year.
So far its #1 Bedard and #2 Mitchkov but after that what are players you are interested in for the Ducks ?
I don't see Bedard falling like Wright did at all. Who will be this years Slaf and Cooley ?

Blanket warning to everyone - the season is over, the active tanking is over, and everyone needs to remember how to get along.

Polite discussions of different viewpoints is fine. Assertions as to who is a good fan, who is a bad fan, and most particularly trolling behavior is going to result in thread bans and warnings. The vast majority of posters here are great about this. There are a few of you, on both sides of this issue, who are trying to start things, and I would advise you to carefully consider if that snarky comment you just made is worth being your last post in a thread. I would advise the folks who think that making an even snarkier response to make that same assessment. Neither of your posts will be seen by anyone else for long regardless.

It is perfectly fine to not understand how anyone could root for the team to lose. It is perfectly fine to not understand how losing has strong benefits to the franchise king term. There are gaping holes in BOTH positions, that may be discussed and debated…POLITELY.

We are all Ducks fans. Time to remember that and stop being at each other’s throats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not getting bedard would be such a huge disappointment after this shitty season, but getting either fantilli or carlsson wouldn't be a bad consolation prize at all

Reactions: Beckett and Kalv

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The only thing that stops be from taking Michkov at 2 is his contract.

That's like saying the only thing keeping me from being an NBA center is I'm 6'2 instead of 7'2.
The contract and Russian factor is worse with Michkov then any player in a long time.

He won't be in the NHL until 2026-2027 at the earliest, if ever. I suggest reading this article:

Reactions: Kalv
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
That's like saying the only thing keeping me from being an NBA center is I'm 6'2 instead of 7'2.
The contract and Russian factor is worse with Michkov then any player in a long time.

He won't be in the NHL until 2026-2027 at the earliest, if ever. I suggest reading this article:

I’m not sure what kind of point you are making. I have seen that same article floated around here before. Hasn’t it been a consensus that this draft for a long time was Bedard v Michkov?

I don’t think there is a ‘Russian’ factor if this guy in Russian circles is known that he will become a star in the future

if Verbeek is true with his ‘word‘ with over-seasoning prospect, maybe he would go with Michkov - unless if we somehow grab the number 1 pick

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I’m not sure what kind of point you are making. I have seen that same article floated around here before. Hasn’t it been a conceives this draft for a long ti r was Bedard v Michkov?

I don’t think there is a ‘Russian’ factor if this guy in Russian circles is known that he will become a star in the future

if Verbeek is true with his ‘word‘ with over-seasoning prospect, maybe he would go with Michkov - unless if we somehow grab the number 1 pick
Even if what Verbeek talked about was applicable in situations like this, and it wasn’t, I don’t think this is exactly what he would’ve been talking about and wouldn’t have any sway either way. Michkov is signed for another three years after this and there’s a non zero chance he stays after, it’s a major issue. Right away you only get a guaranteed six years of control with him vs seven for the others, that’s pretty big on it’s own.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I’m not sure what kind of point you are making. I have seen that same article floated around here before. Hasn’t it been a consensus that this draft for a long time was Bedard v Michkov?

How do you not understand that a possible generational talent signing for 3 years post draft in Russia creates a Russian factor?

Reactions: Kalv

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Fantilli and Carlsson would both be legit #1 picks in an average draft year, or at least one that doesn't include a generational talent.

Finishing last place, should guarantee a #1 overall caliber prospect at worst.

And given that they both are much bigger and we need size, I’m ecstatic about anywhere in the top 3. If we get Bedard we will have to basically limit every free agent and future draft pick to a guy with great size otherwise we would get killed in the playoffs. Zegras, terry, drysdale, zellweger, bedard is a tiny core.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Someone here actually questioned whether this kid was special at all lol some things just aren't open for debate

The only question is if his size effects him against men. This is one of those cases where I wish he was in college or Europe to see how he plays against men.

I’m sure he will be fine, but it could be the difference between generational player and #1 center.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
FjOjgwWUcAACtho

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
All throughout the OHL playoffs, memorial cup, and WJC's, I pointed out how often McTavish helps his team without getting points while on the ice. Some people just only look at highlights to say McTAvish is just quick strike and does nothing much else in the game. Watching last night's game where the telecast showed all the little things that McTavish does that often goes unnoticed to a far bigger audience, making McTavish's game very valuable.

That reminded me of EP's video breakdown of Leo Carlsson. Carlsson does a lot of little things that improves the chances of keeping possession of the puck. I point this out b/c I just saw a scouting media pundit, Sam Cosentino, rank Carlsson #2 behind Bedard. Carlsson doesn't have the skating that Fantilli has, which is rated 9/10. If we finish last, then the top-3 picks will definitely help our forward unit in the near future.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Blue Jackets, Blackhawks, Sharks, and Coyotes. I don't see how we could finish below any of these. Those teams are depleted, and I think we will get our shit somewhat together.

We need to bench Fowler and Terry, lol. AKA the Regenda treatment.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
Imagine a Slafkovsky 2.0 situation where we get screwed in the lottery as usual, but Chicago or Philly convince themselves to take Fantili no 1 overall and Bedard falls to us 😍

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Imagine a Slafkovsky 2.0 situation where we get screwed in the lottery as usual, but Chicago or Philly convince themselves to take Fantili no 1 overall and Bedard falls to us 😍
I don't think we will be picking at #1... or #2. We'll probably end up #3-#6 (typical Ducks draft luck)

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think we'll have a random "hot" streak and play ourselves out of top 2. Even if we finish last, no way we'd win the lottery. Best hope would be #2 pick (I really hop Chicago finishes last and drops 2 spots, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad