2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Alrighty...

1. CHI Bedard
2. ANA Fantilli
3. CBJ Carlsson
4. SJS Michkov
5. MTL Smith
6. ARI Moore
7. PHI Leonard
8. WSH Dvorsky
9. DET Benson
10. STL Wood
11. VAN Reinbacher
12. ARI Perreault

13. BUF Pellikka
not sure DET will draft the small guy

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
These are my tiers for the top 19 right now. I think there is a chance one of Reinbacher or Wood fall to 13 as there is always going to be a team or two that go off the board.

Tier 1: Bedard

Tier 2: Fantilli, Michkov, Carlsson

Tier 3: Smith, Benson, Moore, Reinbacher, Wood, Dvorsky

Tier 4: Sandin-Pellikka, Simashev, Leonard, Sale

Tier 5: Barlow, Cristall, Perreault, Honzek, Gulyayev

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Outside of the 1st round pick, I wonder if Strbak would still be available at #40. Not a solution for right now, but could potentially be a Samuelsson in a few years.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Really hoping Reinbacher is available at 13 but regardless Adams needs to walk away from this draft with at least 3 d man.. Especially if Adams knows Johnson is gonna walk to free agency.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I don't know who I like more, people who think it was rigged because of the teleprompter SNAFU and Weekes talking about how C'Bus landed 3rd early or the people that think this would make for good TV and replace the current envelope reveal.

My issue is that they bungled something so simple as announcing the flips. The league couldn't stack blocks in a kindergarten room without f***ing it up.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

I don't know who I like more, people who think it was rigged because of the teleprompter SNAFU and Weekes talking about how C'Bus landed 3rd early or the people that think this would make for good TV and replace the current envelope reveal.

09:45 Bettman should be wearing a cape. He has the rest down pat.

count1.jpg

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Really hoping Reinbacher is available at 13 but regardless Adams needs to walk away from this draft with at least 3 d man.. Especially if Adams knows Johnson is gonna walk to free agency.

It is hard enough to hit on three players in a draft. It’s even harder if you put position stipulations on it!

They need to draft more defensmen, but not let that guide them. Especially at 13, if the forwards available are significantly better than the defensemen, you draft a forward

But agreed, it would be nice if we get some good defensive prospects in the draft!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The second and third round should be full of possible targets - some of them who have fallen out of the early season ratings, some who have risen. But it seems like that's probably the place they can get a few for sure and then maybe slip one in later (like the local kid Gavin McCarthy) in the mid-rounds.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Humour me... If Simashev were named Dominic Smith and played for usntdp... Where would he be ranked?

Probably similarly - later third of the first round. The questions asked about him are does his offensive game translate, will it start to come together or not, would probably still be there if he played the same way as he did with Loko at both tiers.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
My preferences for pick 13:

1. Trade for a top dman.
2. Draft Simashev or Reinbacher.
3. Move up to pick 7 and draft Michkov (assuming he's there). I think he falls but I don't think MM gets past Washington's pick.

Those are the only three scenarios that I find compelling, although I'm not sure how realistic option #3 is in regard to getting accomplished.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Seeing how Newhook has turned out so far since being drafted it makes me a bit scared of looking at guys like Wood who tear up in the BCHL -> College pipeline but maybe someone can shed some light on why that’s a fallacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad