2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
NHL will strive to ensure CHI picks first overall. Maybe MTL.
props to @Gabrielor for just-now necro-liking my post from BUF's 2-1 loss down the stretch to the NYR. I'm not often prescient, but when I am it's worth noting...

And effin Chicago won a couple games down the stretch in the last week or so (PIT on the final Tuesay, etc.) to botch finishing last.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Buffalo's almost as bad as both of them. The lottery needs to go.
Hold my beer...
FB_IMG_1683593676805.jpg

Reactions: Dirty Dog

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bettman be like "If the Habs and Wings didn't qualify, and the Bruins and Rangers are out, and Leafs are sucking so bad we can't disguise the officiating enough to hand them the Cup, we gotta give Chicago the 1st OA. Make it so. And where's my rouge? - I gotta go on camera and defend this clownshow."

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What’s the obsesssion with trading the pick? If you want immediate help in a trade, we have a ton of future assets way less valuable to make that happen.
We need to trade a very good asset or collection of assets to get a top 4 D.

I don’t like the 13th pick in this draft more than comparable prospects already in the system. At all.

If you’re listing things I’d trade that have a combination of value and availability…pick 13 is a no brainer.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If you want to talk about trading the pick, there are about 787 million other threads to do that in. Not here.
Depending on how it falls, there's a big argument for trading back. If Moore, Pellikka, Wood, Reinbacher all go in the top 12, along with the other predictables, I'm interested in talking with DET about the Islanders's pick, since DET also has 3 early 2nds.

Then grab Wallinder/Simashev or one of the many forwards left in that tier.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Who do I want?

In the words of one of my former instructors at the forestry school: it depends.

Some of it will be who is there at 13 and then who the Sabres will lean toward at 13. Personally, for forwards, I've been smitten with Leonard for a long time but I don't see him lasting. Same with Reinbacher on defense. Something weird could happen and either could be there (hell, something massively odd could happen and BOTH are there at 13) but I don't expect it.

Axel Sandin Pellikka is very good vs. his age group and has played pro. He's a transition guy and has a lot of the "good Montour" to his game when he's on. And the "bad Montour" when he's off it. He would be pushing up into a lineup that already has two good options for PP deployment and his skills might be under-utilized. And it might be that they need someone like that down the line too - weird things happen.

I like Simashev more than the services have him rated. I could see Gulyayev if they want to just watch the world burn by taking an up-tempo offense-man who is constantly attacking with his speed - really, the guy has one speed and it is Nnnnnnuuuuuuuummmmmmm! I really like Willander but can't see my way to them taking him at 13 but I expect he's gone by 39. I'm not partial to Dragicevic.

Barlow and Ritchie... eh. It's the Curb shrugging gif. I guess. I'm not particularly in love with either one - I can see Barlow being an early maturing player like Rossi and Ritchie is just kind of meh. I try not to be put off by draft prospects (I know I said Dragicevic above, I would add Cristall to the "please no" list too and probably Heidt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad