2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Welp, guess I'll have to sadly boo Bedard very loudly until he is no longer in a hawks jersey. This just hit me as I was typing; it would be unbelievable hilarious if he pulled a Lindros and said, "I won't be signing with a team that does not share my values." One can dream

Reactions: Vito_81

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Alrighty...

1. CHI Bedard
2. ANA Fantilli
3. CBJ Carlsson
4. SJS Michkov
5. MTL Smith
6. ARI Moore
7. PHI Leonard
8. WSH Dvorsky
9. DET Benson
10. STL Wood
11. VAN Reinbacher
12. ARI Perreault

13. BUF Pellikka

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Feels sick man. Soon we’ll see Quenneville get a job and Bowman get a job…Chevy was never punished. They were in that room and ruined a kid who doesn’t get a second chance. And everyone is going to be rewarded in the end.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Alrighty...

1. CHI Bedard
2. ANA Fantilli
3. CBJ Carlsson
4. SJS Michkov
5. MTL Smith
6. ARI Moore
7. PHI Leonard
8. WSH Dvorsky
9. DET Benson
10. STL Wood
11. VAN Reinbacher
12. ARI Perreault

13. BUF Pellikka
Buffalo trades the #13 pick better be the story

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
WTF Clownshow? I hear through pick #4 revealed, then, as they go to commercial, ESPN says "with Columbus moving back". And I rewind the whole damn thing because I'm like "I'm old, I've had a couple beers, what did I miss?" and then I re-watch and I'm like "nothing!!!!".

f***ing NHL clownshow, from the officiating to the DOPS, to the scheduling, to Bettman/Daly/Campbell/etc. and you can't even produce a draft correctly with your FLAGSHIP TV PARTNER?

Wait, what? ESPN? Columbus dropped?

LOL ESPN jumps itself

I was so confused, then I hopped over to twitter

Lol f***ing embarrassing. They either spoiled the 3rd pick reveal or got it wrong.

Yeah I'm not sure what ESPN just said but it sounded like they blew some of the drama.

I was just about to comment about how well they did it this year. Very quick. So much for that.

OLN was a better choice than ESPN for hockey. Can’t even do a draft lottery show correctly.

I cannot believe they botched that reveal on ESPN. Impossibly bad.
And we're all in agreement. High schoolers from the AV club could pull that off correctly.

=========
Not even commenting on the CHI / Beach incident. That's potential conspiracy on another level.

Reactions: Mr Orangeshirt

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
An unpopular take, but this is a good result for the league being able to market its best players, which I'm satisfied with.

And he's out west, which is great.

The LA/Anaheim market would be fine getting a star of Bedard's draw. They force-feed Original Six teams and has-beens on the viewing audience already, this will just push more until Chicago can actually build something around Bedard.

Reactions: sabremike

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
An unpopular take, but this is a good result for the league being able to market its best players, which I'm satisfied with.

And he's out west, which is great.
Unless it was rigged.

Free beer for any future meet-up to any member of this board who believes the NHL will announce punishment to the Hawks for the Beach incident only AFTER this lottery & draft take place.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
WTF Clownshow? I hear through pick #4 revealed, then, as they go to commercial, ESPN says "with Columbus moving back". And I rewind the whole damn thing because I'm like "I'm old, I've had a couple beers, what did I miss?" and then I re-watch and I'm like "nothing!!!!".

f***ing NHL clownshow, from the officiating to the DOPS, to the scheduling, to Bettman/Daly/Campbell/etc. and you can't even produce a draft correctly with your FLAGSHIP TV PARTNER?

And we're all in agreement. High schoolers from the AV club could pull that off correctly.

=========
Not even commenting on the CHI / Beach incident. That's potential conspiracy on another level.
I did the same rewind, thinking I had looked down at my dinner for longer than I realized. That's someone-gets-fired level bad.

Reactions: brian_griffin

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
The LA/Anaheim market would be fine getting a star of Bedard's draw. They force-feed Original Six teams and has-beens on the viewing audience already, this will just push more until Chicago can actually build something around Bedard.
Except 50-60 of his games would've started at 10 pm ET, which is decidedly NOT good for US fans seeing the stars of the game. It's already a problem with McDavid and Draisaitl (of course exacerbated as they're in Canada).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Except 50-60 of his games would've started at 10 pm ET, which is decidedly NOT good for US fans seeing the stars of the game. It's already a problem with McDavid and Draisaitl (of course exacerbated as they're in Canada).

You want them to market to everyone? The league that wouldn't even put Eastern Edmonton games on their national broadcast so they could regurgitate Pittsburgh-Caps/Flyers or Boston-Rangers? Nah, in terms of gate Anaheim would've been fine, even if they have Cups in the last 2 decades.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Just glad he went to the Western Conference. However if Blackhawks win a cup or make it back to the playoffs before the Sabres then hockey is a cruel mistress.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Sometimes I think we've had it rough but I think Columbus truly truly has had some of the worst organizational luck in NHL history. They cannot catch a break. Arizona may be even worse, feel bad for their fans.
I was rooting for Arizona to win the lottery but, honestly, until they get several things figured out they can wait on luck.

Reactions: jc17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad