2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
The way Bob's list fell, I'd pick Moore. Then every remaining pick I had would be a defender, and 1 goalie.
From the threat of prospects:

12. Oliver Moore: Something between a Dylan Larkin and Joel Farabee. Not sure if he'll be a super high-end guy; but his motor is outstanding. Probably the fastest kid in the draft, making him a fantastic forechecking demon.

Is this an accurate description?

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
From the threat of prospects:

12. Oliver Moore: Something between a Dylan Larkin and Joel Farabee. Not sure if he'll be a super high-end guy; but his motor is outstanding. Probably the fastest kid in the draft, making him a fantastic forechecking demon.

Is this an accurate description?
Larkin is a strong comp. He's without a doubt the fastest kid in the draft. He'll appeal to Kevyn because he'll battle for every puck.

I know people who liked him more than Smith (pre-u18, I havent asked recently).

I had my reservations, because the last time there was a strong push of love for the USDP 2C, it was Turcotte behind Jack Hughes. That's at least partly a case in bad development though.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Fjordy

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Not impressed with Bob's list, Michkov on 5 because he's so difficult to evaluate lol.
His NHL comparable is a guy that never ever played in the NHL.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Not impressed with Bob's list, Michkov on 5 because he's so difficult to evaluate lol.
His NHL comparable is a guy that never ever played in the NHL.
Those are Button's comps, and Button sucks at comps. I'd ignore basically all of them.

Bob's list is the best to me, because it isn't his opinion, it's polling real NHL scouts. Which is usually why it's so accurate.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Those are Button's comps, and Button sucks at comps. I'd ignore basically all of them.

Bob's list is the best to me, because it isn't his opinion, it's polling real NHL scouts. Which is usually why it's so accurate.
It's still opinions, in this case from people who all suffer russiaphobia.

He quotes one guy who thinks Fantilli is closer to Bedard than anyone else is to Fantilli.

Michkov is at 5 due to the Russian factor and because an undersized winger generally goes behind potential 1C
Then spare me he is so hard to evaluate nonsense, he played the tournament that made smith move up to 3 like 2 years ago.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
It doesn't matter that he played in that tournament a couple years ago and outscored Bedard. The fact of the matter is that Michkov is locked into a Russian contract for 3yrs, he's also an undersized winger. So a GM at the top of the draft has the choice between a 'generational' prospect in Bedard, a big C that stomped a mudhole in the NCAA scoring more PPG than anyone since Kariya, another big C that put up lots of points in the SHL and is currently looking very good with the national team, or a 6' C that destroyed the competition all year with the NTDP but has defensive lapses.

So do you make the decision to use a top pick on a player you have no developmental control over, that was sent to a bottom feeder because he doesn't like playing defense and you know you won't even see him for at least 3yrs, or do you pick a potential 1C you can have in your lineup sooner

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Similar to Smith, since the mid-terms he's had a lot of offensive production. Breaking Matthews NTDP record for points didn't just happen at the U18's.
The reason why I said after the U18s is there are a lot of mock drafts and scouts from as late as March that put Perreault in the late teens to low 20s

Elite Prospects updates in March and has Perreault at 31.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The reason why I said after the U18s is there are a lot of mock drafts and scouts from as late as March that put Perreault in the late teens to low 20s

Elite Prospects updates in March and has Perreault at 31.

EP probably won't adjust their rankings to that height - services rank where they rank just how teams rank where they rank.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
With how some of the services have ranked him, he may be gone in the mid-teens. That's not just 2 2nds to acquire.
I'm just picturing how insufferable the local media will be if Musty is available at 13, we don't pick him, Musty turns into a star and the guy we pick busts or just becomes an average player. Troup over Gronkowski all over again.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Would love to use our 2nds and move back into round 1 and get the hometown kid, Musty.
Didn't Murray try to do that with 3 2nds and no one would bite?

On a side note I keep clicking on the Bills draft link they are almost the same :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad