2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I just thought in was weird to see Willander at 16th and Reinbacher at 26th. Button is the only one with Willander in the first round.(I think)

Although Button always like to be a bit "controversial" with his draft rankings.

Button builds his list to the beat of his own drummer. Frequently he seems influenced by tournament performances.

Reactions: Zman5778

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Anyone interested(not sure if posted before)Here is a very nice scouting video of Simashev. It shows good and bad plays which is nice because a lot of the times you only see praise from people who post videos. His skating seems quite good for his size.

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How in the world is Gabe Perrault rated so low?

Smallish guy who is not agile but may be somewhat straight ahead smart, also doesn't help that he's the third guy in terms of that line - Smith can and does handle transition and offensive creativity, Leonard is finish and physical play, Perreault is more of a table-setter for the other two. He's in that tier of late-teens to mid-30's guys who could go anywhere in between.

Reactions: Slangston

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It is cool that The Athletic sent Wheeler to the tournament.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Anyone want to rank the skating for the top defensemen in the draft?

1. ASP
2. Gulyayev
3. Simashev
4. Reinbacher

Does that seem accurate? Just watching highlights and wanted to see how people rank them.

I don't see much talk about Gulyayev. He looks good but undersized.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
As much as I'd love Leonard, there's no way he's around at 13. I also don't see Adams trading up unless there's some other value there. Maybe it's sneakily offloading VO or something like that.

Who knows, maybe he shifts his priorities from franchise value to git r done mode but I think it's a year early to expect that.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Reactions: Der Jaeger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Smooth skating defenseman who isn't big and isn't overly physical? AND he's Swedish?

If that doesn't scream "Buffalo Sabres draft pick".....I don't know what does.

Don't undersell his game - I really like Willander. He's effective but not flashy. I don't think he's around at the Flyer pick any more which makes me sad.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Don't undersell his game - I really like Willander. He's effective but not flashy. I don't think he's around at the Flyer pick any more which makes me sad.

I wasn't trying to undersell. Just saying that we have a type.....and that Willander seems to fit it to a tee. He'd be a great add to our system.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wasn't trying to undersell. Just saying that we have a type.....and that Willander seems to fit it to a tee. He'd be a great add to our system.

I mean, if the Sabres have a "type" it would be Stenberg or Dower Nilsson - smallish, quickish, crafty-ish, winger-center-ish forwards. Stylistically, if we're talking about dudes who probably have what I would like to see injected into the Sabres defensive depth but are projects at the U18's, that's USA's Cleveland and the Swede's Landen. Both players are hard on their opponents but at least for Cleveland, lacks the production at this stage to point to a future pro, it's difficult for a guy to overcome.

And if they aren't in on Willander who probably slides up into the late first, Lidstein is another Swede in the same mold of smart, 2-way defenseman who doesn't wow you but is effective.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Perhaps obsession?

1682379611372.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad