2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Moose Jaw tied it up and Yager with the primary. Yager is gonna push his way into the top 10 if Moose Jaw wins and he keeps going.

Rysavy, Czech kid from the U20's who the Jackets drafted, got that primary. Yager's been good. Firkus has been excellent.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I thought I was seeing things :laugh:

Winnipeg won in overtime series is 2-2.

Yep, Ostapchuk lunging to deflect a puck on the PP in OT. MJ's announcers were pretty heated about the call that put the Ice on the powerplay. Benson made the play to set up the goal with the shot-pass that Ostapchuk deflected in.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Firkus was MY guy last year. Just ridiculous skill.

Him and Yager together is just deadly. I don't have a data point, just that it seems like they chew up the other lines more than Savoie's line so Savoie has been given the "shut down" assignment which is more like mitigation. They aren't going to stop 'em, just try to make it not be as bad. Rysavy I liked at the U20's, he fits in there too - his shot really pops and it seems like he does some of the dirty work to get the other two the puck.

I didn't realize that the 16-year old who scored the pair the other night is Sasha Lakovic's nephew. Or that he was one of the four MJ players suspended for the balance of the regular season for something that they did on the road in Edmonton. At least the local police said it wasn't worth a criminal charge, but man, that was harsh so I wonder what the hell they did. It certainly dampens interest in the kid for 2025 until we know more.

Reactions: truthbluth

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
So if we go forward with the 1st. You can never have too much forward talent and they all won't turn out to be 30 goal 60 point guys.

Tuch
Tage
Cozens
Mitts
Quinn
Peterka
Krebs
Rosen
Savoie
Kulich
Ostlund
2023 1st

It's a lot. It's a lot of forward talent.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm kind of hooked on the idea of Leonard at the moment. Is he a unique (and good) enough addition to our forward pool that he'd be worth jumping from 13 to 7 or 8 for? We're going to have to consolidate and use some prospect/draft capital at some point, is he that kind of guy?

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I'm kind of hooked on the idea of Leonard at the moment. Is he a unique (and good) enough addition to our forward pool that he'd be worth jumping from 13 to 7 or 8 for? We're going to have to consolidate and use some prospect/draft capital at some point, is he that kind of guy?
Same, @Chainshot has recruited me to the bandwagon.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
To expand on that, I think he's probably around 8 or 9 to be "sure" he's there. From 13 to get to 8 is going to be heavy in terms of price even if you can convince someone at that point to slip back. And since no one does that under normal circumstances, how much goes into the trade is going to hurt.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He doesn’t like Sandin Pelikka much for the same reasons we all don’t like him. You can tell he thinks our spot at 13 isn’t ideal for what he wants too.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
To expand on that, I think he's probably around 8 or 9 to be "sure" he's there. From 13 to get to 8 is going to be heavy in terms of price even if you can convince someone at that point to slip back. And since no one does that under normal circumstances, how much goes into the trade is going to hurt.
Hear ya for sure. Just figure we could handle a little "hurt" - trade out of an awkward slot and from a position of strength (finesse F, picks) to get an unicorn for our system,
(a throwback 200' bulldog shooter). Any estimate on the cost to move 13 to 8 from past precedent? (Just as a thought experiment, what pick does JJ land us straight up?)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Smith's offensive instincts are off the chart but his defensive game leaves one wanting

Smith's abilities are amazing. And yet Moore is the guy I have been more impressed with when watching Program games though other than Leonard among the forwards. And there is a possibility none of those three are still there at 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad