2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I am keeping an eye on Willander and Dragecevic. He was an idiot today but Gibson in later rounds maybe...
I like Drago too from my limited viewings. I don’t see why he’s rated in the late first round as he’s a legit weapon. Probably redundant from what we have but I wouldn’t be up in arms over picking him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like Drago too from my limited viewings. I don’t see why he’s rated in the late first round as he’s a legit weapon. Probably redundant from what we have but I wouldn’t be up in arms over picking him.

His thought process with the puck is what has popped up from the bloggers/regular viewers. The offensive game is top notch but some of what he does when it's not an offensive situation is what people get after him. And that's probably because he made the switch to defense just a few (three?) years ago. The offensive side of his game though is excellent.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
His thought process with the puck is what has popped up from the bloggers/regular viewers. The offensive game is top notch but some of what he does when it's not an offensive situation is what people get after him. And that's probably because he made the switch to defense just a few (three?) years ago. The offensive side of his game though is excellent.
Yep, pretty much what I see. He’s pretty raw but I think he’s an under the radar 1st rounder that I wouldn’t be shocked to see go anywhere from 10-20

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Something I just noticed today when I was clicking around EP. 3 players had top 10 all time point finishes for a season in the USDP.

USDP.jpg

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah I'm attempting to embrace that fact that since it does seem like the most like BPA at that spot.
I think it can work if you are good with Power and Dahlin together full time. I don’t like Sandin Pellikka with either of them. If he develops well…I could like him with Samuelsson.

I know “don’t look at current roster when talking about the draft” but…I mean…two of those guys are likely to have 9 years of term right after the draft. The third guy already has 7. I can look at the current roster when talking about a draft prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Hope that teams above you still can’t assess scoring in the Czech league correctly and he falls.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

I'd be happy with that result for Buffalo.

13 - Leonard
39 - Willander
45 - Akey

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

I'd be happy with that result for Buffalo.

13 - Leonard
39 - Willander
45 - Akey
Lots of Dmen in the 2nd it seems, encouraging. What's the best guess on Simashev, 2026-27 ?

Edit: 3rd back in the Portillo deal (for Jerry and his crew) per @Chainshot

Last edited:

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
Lots of Dmen in the 2nd it seems, encouraging. What's the best guess on Simashev, 2026-27 ?
I’d say 25/26. His contract in the KHL ends in 24/25 and I don’t think he’ll need much time in the AHL. 26/27 is accurate if the front office wants to give him a year to acclimate.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Anyone think KA will trying to get a 3rd back in a deal for Jerry and his crew ?

There are a bunch of defense who didn't push up into the first round grades or dropped, at least in so far as the various services rate guys. It might be target rich if they stay put with those two picks to fill some needs. I wish Willander would last but I could see him going late 20's right now, partially because of the scarcity of defensemen and partially because a RHD who moves that well and plays well in all three zones is going to be interesting to just about everyone.

Edit - the Portillo move also got them back into the 3rd, though it's later in the round.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
There are a bunch of defense who didn't push up into the first round grades or dropped, at least in so far as the various services rate guys. It might be target rich if they stay put with those two picks to fill some needs. I wish Willander would last but I could see him going late 20's right now, partially because of the scarcity of defensemen and partially because a RHD who moves that well and plays well in all three zones is going to be interesting to just about everyone.

Edit - the Portillo move also got them back into the 3rd, though it's later in the round.
Bakes got my attention on Simashev and the Sam comparison, but the waiting game...

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Craig Button has Sale 5th, Willander 16th and Reinbacher 26th.

Craig Button always has a bit of an outlier when it comes to his draft order but damn Reinbacher 26th and Willander at 16th?

Dobber has Simashev at 9th Bob McKenzie has him at 35th.

Don't remember rankings being that all over the place in previous years.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Craig Button has Sale 5th, Willander 16th and Reinbacher 26th.

Craig Button always has a bit of an outlier when it comes to his draft order but damn Reinacher 26th and Willander at 16th?

Dobber has Simashev at 9th Bob McKenzie has him at 35th.

Don't remember rankings being that all over the place in previous years.

They’ve always been all over the place. Although usually now is when the concrete starts hardening.

If ASPs tourney causes him to leap up the standings and Reinbacher falls, I like our odds of drafting him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They’ve always been all over the place. Although usually now is when the concrete starts hardening.

If ASPs tourney causes him to leap up the standings and Reinbacher falls, I like our odds of drafting him.

I don't think Reinbacher is going to fall. Some of it is scarcity of that type of player.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I don't think Reinbacher is going to fall. Some of it is scarcity of that type of player.
I just thought in was weird to see Willander at 16th and Reinbacher at 26th. Button is the only one with Willander in the first round.(I think)

Although Button always like to be a bit "controversial" with his draft rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad