2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was looking for him when I did my mock draft, and he wasn’t listed. So I’m assuming he’s in his D+1. But he’d be a good pick

Sloan or Grubbe? Sloan is a D+1, Grubbe isn't officially available yet but the Rangers have said they won't be signing him so his rights either move and he signs before June 1st or he gets redrafted if not.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
True, they're 1 for 4 so far. 'Tis a feeling at this point. Leinonen's year this year is difficult to look at with how other players taken near that pick performed at their club/junior level this year. Kisakov and Poltapov look like they are both years off and raise doubt. Peterka has been a nice find. 1 for 4 is about NHL average.

I’m the past three years they already have an NHLer from the second round in Peterka. I think it’s too soon to judge poltapov/Kisakov/leinonen.

I think for the last three years of drafts, getting an NHLer out of the second round with high potential has to be above the curve?

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
13 - Buf
14 - Pitt
In this draft around 8-15 is about the same? After the first 6-7 you have 8-15 talent wise.

I think 7-15 could be any order. Probably will have some guys jumping up and some falling. Defensemen seem like the real wild card this year.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I hate the idea of drafting him. I see a better Bryson, which I want nothing to do with. I’d rather they reach for Bonk or Strbak instead.

That being said, I’d be fine with this guy if they took him in the third round.
You need to watch more Bryson. He doesn’t do anything well. At all. He has no comparable to a player with any ability in any zone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In this draft around 8-15 is about the same? After the first 6-7 you have 8-15 talent wise.

I think 7-15 could be any order. Probably will have some guys jumping up and some falling. Defensemen seem like the real wild card this year.

Seems there is a lot of divergence in that range, even down into the 20-ish range.

Going by tiers:

1 - Bedard

2 - Michkov
3 - Carlsson
4 - Fantilli
5 - Benson

6 - Smith
7 - Reinbacher

After that it gets into personal preferences and such but I could see those 7 gone by pick 8.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You need to watch more Bryson. He doesn’t do anything well. At all. He has no comparable to a player with any ability in any zone.

Sandin Pellikka is more like small Montour than Bryson. He gets up the ice with the puck through the neutral zone and attacks but there is a lot of activity in his own end. Bryson is more stay at home, skate to his line and chip, with tentative in-zone pinches where he gets overwhelmed. ASP cuts to open ice in the offensive zone but doesn't always develop the play and can go for a full skate around the zone with the puck. Bryson can't do that.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Draft order is set other than the lottery and who the final 4 are

32 boston
31 carolina
30 Vegas
29 colorado
28 New Jersey
27 Toronto
26 Edmonton
25 dallas
24 rangers
23 LA
22 Minnesota
21 Seattle
20 tampa
19 winnipeg
18 Islanders
17 Florida

the final four teams pull out of that order and they compress down 29-30 conf final losers, 31 cup loser, 32 cup winner

can move up if they get win the power balls
16 Calgary
15 Nashville
14 Pittsburgh
13 Buffalo
12 Ottawa

bedard possible winners are
11 vancouver
10 st louis
9 washington
8 detroit
7 phildelphia
6 arizona
5 montreal
4 San jose
3 chicago
2 columbus
1 anaheim

they two winners move up appropriately and everyone else will move back that they pass.

Philadelphia pick is at 39. Buffalo at 45.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Seems there is a lot of divergence in that range, even down into the 20-ish range.

Going by tiers:

1 - Bedard

2 - Michkov
3 - Carlsson
4 - Fantilli
5 - Benson

6 - Smith
7 - Reinbacher

After that it gets into personal preferences and such but I could see those 7 gone by pick 8.
Yager seems like someone who has fallen back 10-15 he was top 5 at the beginning of the year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Yager seems like someone who has fallen back 10-15 he was top 5 at the beginning of the year.

He may fall farther than that too. I'm curious to see where McKenzie has him in his final scout survey but it wouldn't surprise if he's more late teens to early 20's with the gripes about his game overshadowing how he shoots. And if his primary ability offensively is his shot, how did his goal total drop on a team that was more mature/more talented than last season? Just a thought.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Looks like center is the play at #13. In no particular order, Dvorsky Danielson Leonard Moore Yager.

If Minny likes someone at 13, trade down to #22, grab Middleton and the Vegas 2nd. Simashev at 22, Hrabal/Strbak/Stramel at 39, Sawchyn/Lind at 45, Rehkopf/Whitelaw with Vegas pick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looks like center is the play at #13. In no particular order, Dvorsky Danielson Leonard Moore Yager.

If Minny likes someone at 13, trade down to #22, grab Middleton and the Vegas 2nd. Simashev at 22, Hrabal/Strbak/Stramel at 39, Sawchyn/Lind at 45, Rehkopf/Whitelaw with Vegas pick.

I appreciate the level of certainty with which you post about where players are going to be. (That's not a dig, please don't take it as such.)

Leonard is and will be a wing. Yager may well be better suited to being a winger at the next level since he seems to need someone to lug the mail.

Fortin has described Savoie and Ostlund as being PITA's to play against in their view. They are both annoying players. Leonard? He's not just scrappy, he's legitimately fierce with his physical play. And that's something lacking from the Sabres prospect pool and not for nothing, their roster. That is something teams pay a premium for going into the playoffs and something, if they are serious about any sort of post-season success, that they need to start developing from within. I would run to the podium if Leonard was there at 13, pointing at him the entire way. I would Tim Murray it and just say "Leonard, now!" And all of that isn't even digging into what an excellent finisher he is. The kid is going to score to go along with it.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Guess Reinbacher is out of or range; if we stay put he will be gone and if we move up you probably take one of the forwards.
Can we move up to 2 or is there a limit?

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Guess Reinbacher is out of or range; if we stay put he will be gone and if we move up you probably take one of the forwards.
Can we move up to 2 or is there a limit?
We can move up to 3 or 4.
Now that it's final, here are the lottery odds.
C6A6CAB2-D20A-4AFE-A073-3BBE3EFDBBC5.jpeg

Reactions: debaser66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad