2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Sounds like folks are having a hard time getting excited about the likes of Moore, Sale, or ASP. I don't blame ya! Not an amazing draft after those first 9 or so.

The second round is where we probably reap the benefits of the draft depth.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A line with Savoie, Michkov, and Cozens...

Sam, Frodo and Faramir.

Draft stuff - I am always leery of drafting for need but in a tier with very close grades, giving the push to defensemen is one decision point for me and then size would be another and combativeness would be third. There is a little bite in the Sabres lineup. They need more grumpy young men before some of their kids develop from happy go lucky into grumpier old men.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like folks are having a hard time getting excited about the likes of Moore, Sale, or ASP. I don't blame ya! Not an amazing draft after those first 9 or so.

The second round is where we probably reap the benefits of the draft depth.

I wish I felt better about their history in the 2nd round.

Reactions: jc17

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't think you have enough data to really evaluate most of KA's 2nds yet.

True, they're 1 for 4 so far. 'Tis a feeling at this point. Leinonen's year this year is difficult to look at with how other players taken near that pick performed at their club/junior level this year. Kisakov and Poltapov look like they are both years off and raise doubt. Peterka has been a nice find. 1 for 4 is about NHL average.

Reactions: jc17

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
True, they're 1 for 4 so far. 'Tis a feeling at this point. Leinonen's year this year is difficult to look at with how other players taken near that pick performed at their club/junior level this year. Kisakov and Poltapov look like they are both years off and raise doubt. Peterka has been a nice find. 1 for 4 is about NHL average.
Sounds like they're due for a hit! Law of averages and all :)

Reactions: Chainshot

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I have had a sinking feeling it is going to be Sandin Pellikka for a while. A pick I wouldn’t hate if we had a completely different defensive makeup. But we don’t.

And before someone chimes in with “you aren’t drafting for now” we know who 3 of the D are going to be here for the next seven years. It’s not a normal situation. He’s not going to get spots above Power and Dahlin.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know it's just highlights, but that breakdown has me geeked for Reinbacher. Guy makes a lot of NHL plays.

He does. And watching Kloten, you can see him try something, fail, then try something else, fail, then try the first thing again and get it really right. Sometimes in the same period. There is so much upside there.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I have had a sinking feeling it is going to be Sandin Pellikka for a while. A pick I wouldn’t hate if we had a completely different defensive makeup. But we don’t.

And before someone chimes in with “you aren’t drafting for now” we know who 3 of the D are going to be here for the next seven years. It’s not a normal situation. He’s not going to get spots above Power and Dahlin.

I hate the idea of drafting him. I see a better Bryson, which I want nothing to do with. I’d rather they reach for Bonk or Strbak instead.

That being said, I’d be fine with this guy if they took him in the third round.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The second round is for defense. The hit rate is better than forwards.

I hope they make their picks. That’s how you get ahead in a 32 team cap NHL. Gotta string together some lucky draft picks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thinking about re-draftees and overagers:

Watching some of Red Deer and the Sabres lack of a certain sort of player, wondering if he is someone they would look at since they're getting a lot of views already with Lindgren there. Bangs around, plays a cycle game, imposes his size. If his rights aren't moved and him signed somewhere, he'll be a redraft candidate in the late rounds.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad