2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'll take the guy who is shaped like Draisatl. What I've seen from Danielson is a guy who likes to play the outside game, do we really need another forward like that?

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I'll take the guy who is shaped like Draisatl. What I've seen from Danielson is a guy who likes to play the outside game, do we really need another forward like that?
Wasn't Drai like 2" and 15 lbs heavier during his draft year? Do you really think Dvorsky is going to grow into that kind of frame?

To copy off my last post, the player you're describing now sounds more like Honzek.

Reactions: Chainshot

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Drai was 6'1 208 draft year, Dvorsky is 6'1 202. Love Dvorskys puck protection and defensive game. Acquitted himself well with AIK which is a really dysfunctional team in a tough league for really young players. Will check out more Danielson. Dvorsky is gonna be great, I'll save this post for 2028.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If we are looking at Yager/Cristall/Pellika you gotta trade down or trade the pick.
They're probably targeting kids who aren't even on our radar at that spot, just like Rosen and Ostlund weren't really at the top of our lists for the same-ish spot the past two years.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
sabres setup to draft michkov... w many Russians on the way., . why not
I think he’ll drop more than expected due to the Russian factor and the unfortunate news of his father (maybe he takes a year off?) but can’t imagine a future superstar makes it to us at our pick, even if it’s gonna be a few years til he’s on the team.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If he makes it to pick 4, 13th overall + Rosen + Ostlund. And that probably won't be enough

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
sabres setup to draft michkov... w many Russians on the way., . why not
I mean, he makes it to 13 and I'm sprinting to the podium.

Trade up? No thanks. Too much.

My favorite options:
1) Trade the pick for youngish D/G help now
2) Draft Reinbacher
3) A forward I like falls or ASP
4) Trade back. I think it's a real option this year.
5) Probably cry if isn't one of those 4.

Reactions: Chainshot

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I would be very happy with trading 13 for a dman. Then using Philly's and Our 2nd round pick getting back into the end of the first to get a sliding dman or a guy like Musty.

Reactions: elchud

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I would be very happy with trading 13 for a dman. Then using Philly's and Our 2nd round pick getting back into the end of the first to get a sliding dman or a guy like Musty.
I like a lot of what I hear about Musty except for his skating. If he is prepared and able to work on that then count me in....

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon

My favorite options:
2) Draft Reinbacher
3) Draft Simashev

Otherwise a solid 1-5 to-do list.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
How does this draft shape up for goaltenders? With UPL graduating, and only Levi and Leinonen as G prospects in the system, we're in desperate need of adding bodies to the pipeline. Not necessarily early round picks, but definitely mid and late rounders.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
How does this draft shape up for goaltenders? With UPL graduating, and only Levi and Leinonen as G prospects in the system, we're in desperate need of adding bodies to the pipeline. Not necessarily early round picks, but definitely mid and late rounders.

Might see Hrabal in the first round/early second. Beyond that -- Bjarnason, Augustine and Gajak all ranked as 2nd rounders in Bobby Mac's midseason rankings.

After that it's the usual crapshoot. Still would like to see them take a run at Suchanek in the mid/late rounds. Fowler is another name to keep an eye on....another mid-round type who's headed to the NCAA as a BC commit.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Might see Hrabal in the first round/early second. Beyond that -- Bjarnason, Augustine and Gajak all ranked as 2nd rounders in Bobby Mac's midseason rankings.

After that it's the usual crapshoot. Still would like to see them take a run at Suchanek in the mid/late rounds. Fowler is another name to keep an eye on....another mid-round type who's headed to the NCAA as a BC commit.

Just having four guys in Bob's mid-season rankings at the level they are at points to it being a pretty good goalie year. That doesn't even get into the folks developing in Europe like Jatkola or Hellnemo. I joked (partially) about maybe they take someone like Khazheyev from Chelyabinsk because with no transfer agreement, his rights would be theirs forever.

Edit - and given Leinonen's struggles, they need to get another guy in the pipeline sooner rather than later.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

My favorite options:
2) Draft Reinbacher

3) Draft Simashev

Otherwise a solid 1-5 to-do list.

Solid options.

I expect my favorites to be gone (I expect them to be gone every year).

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Seeing as we're pretty much locked into 13th, I believe KA will be picking from the following pool of players:

Barlow a nice north south winger that's defensively sound and plays all situations. Captain at 17 says it all

Leonard bit smaller than Barlow but similar game with that bulldog mentality

Danielson 6'1 200ft center that probably tops out as a 2C but doesn't cheat the game. Very similar game to Cozens. Also a 17yo captain

Honzek big 6'4 C/W that is all prognostication. Skills are impressive but still growing into his body

Ritchie started slow but turned it on to finish over ppg. Big, mean and can play nasty so definitely would be a unicorn in our prospect pool

Now a few I really don't want

Cristall great offensive game but small, plays smaller and defense is anathema to him

Sanding Pellika RHD but small and is pretty meh in most of the viewings

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Seeing as we're pretty much locked into 13th, I believe KA will be picking from the following pool of players:

Barlow a nice north south winger that's defensively sound and plays all situations. Captain at 17 says it all

Danielson 6'1 200ft center that probably tops out as a 2C but doesn't cheat the game. Very similar game to Cozens. Also a 17yo captain

Honzek big 6'4 C/W that is all prognostication. Skills are impressive but still growing into his body

Ritchie started slow but turned it on to finish over ppg. Big, mean and can play nasty so definitely would be a unicorn in our prospect pool

Cristall great offensive game but small, plays smaller and defense is anathema to him

As far as guys I'm interested in this year, you nailed all of them. The one that I'm still trying to figure out but I think could be an added to that list of guys is Matthew Wood.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

I’d be fine with Barlow, Leonard, or Danielson. They all have skill sets that would be welcome on the Sabres and the value would likely put them in the tier the Sabres should be picking from.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad