2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY

OK, if the Sabres draft him and he makes the big club, his goal song better be Gettin' Jiggy Wit It or Party Starter.

Over the holidays I found a Fresh Prince & Jazzy Jeff cassette single for Boom Shake the Room. If the Sabres draft him, I’d be willing to let them borrow it. It’s up to the Sabres org. to get the blank cassette and double cassette player to copy it, though.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
As it sits we are looking at around pick 10-14. What are people hoping for in that spot?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
As it sits we are looking at around pick 10-14. What are people hoping for in that spot?
I feel like Benson and/or Reinbacher are actually a possibility if we get to pick by 11 or so, maybe 12. We'd pick 11th if the draft were held today, or 13th by points percentage, so we're right there, setting ourselves to pickup another high-value player.

Reactions: toddkaz

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I hope we get some forward with size in the 1st not another smallish/average size skill guy, we got enough of those (all 3 1st last year, Rosen)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My expectation is that Benson gets more love as the Ice churn into the playoffs and he's gone before the top dozen. Reinbacher might be too, though that could be more of a scarcity thing where a team higher in the draft order thinks themselves into it.

Leonard is the guy I'd like at around 12.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
My expectation is that Benson gets more love as the Ice churn into the playoffs and he's gone before the top dozen. Reinbacher might be too, though that could be more of a scarcity thing where a team higher in the draft order thinks themselves into it.

Happens every year, would not surprise me in the slightest for both Benson/Reinbacher to go top 10. Cutter Gauthier, et al.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Dusty I think you are being overly negative (or trolling). We shall see. I think worst/best case scenario is we draft 8th (Dvorsky?) and best/worst case 16th (Ritchie?). I'm liking Simashev with the Flyers 2nd and Strbak with our 2nd. Maybe we trade the Vegas 2nd for a stout defenseman for the upcoming season.
its the first time I used the ignore button in 10 years. its a bit much with those 2 users (forgot the other name) registered in Dec 22 and immediately started provoking posters.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Ferrari had Leonard in the top 10...he could end up rising more than Benson or Reinbacher at this rate.

Is he a Nick Robertson type?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I like Reinbacher but it's mostly out of semi-panic that we need a good RHD at some point. I can't say he'll be BPA in that draft range. Otherwise I want tough or physical FWs that of course still have the skill...such as...

Will Leonard be around after the top ten?

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Is this the first year of a draft where the top 10 are all forwards? Maybe the sabres can get the best defender in the draft? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Ferrari had Leonard in the top 10...he could end up rising more than Benson or Reinbacher at this rate.

No Leonard can skate, he's an aggressive prototypical NHL winger that will have a 10+yr career. He easily slots into the mid 6 with an outside chance of being a top line winger if everything goes right. Definitely high floor with a relatively high ceiling

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
My tiers in that area are
Barlow / Leonard
Danielson / Heidt
Cristall I wouldn't be happy with but can't debate his skill

Unless Reinbacher is sitting there I doubt they'll reach for a D when there's a plethora of higher tier forwards

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I don't see that sort of finish.

How do folks feel about Stenberg? I feel like he may be an Adams-type player who should be available when we pick.

I saw you asking about him in the draft board thread, did you get more info? I haven't noticed him in the Frolunda games I've been able to look in on - I think he had like 2 minutes in TOI in one early in December when I looked at the post-game stats but I don't honestly remember him. Not an indictment and certainly not an endorsement of my evaluations either. :laugh:

I hope they don't continue with the smallish, crafty guys though. At some point, they are going to need some additional large bodies in the lineup who initiate contact. But he does fit their "type", body-wise and scouting report-wise.

No Leonard can skate, he's an aggressive prototypical NHL winger that will have a 10+yr career. He easily slots into the mid 6 with an outside chance of being a top line winger if everything goes right. Definitely high floor with a relatively high ceiling

Tenacious complimentary winger with a will to win is sort of what I see. Not that he isn't a high skill guy in his own right, but he's dogged as well as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad