2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Does anyone here think we won't end up with a top 10 pick?

I'd bet my life savings we do.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Craig Button's post WJC list. Still seems like Cam Allen is living off his U18's there which is my one slightly nagging issue what with Buffalo having a need at RHD and also a penchant for taking guys who have performed well at the U18's is that he gets more of a pass for a very ho-hum OHL season.

At least he finally has Reinbacher ranked on his list though...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm going to try to catch part of Reinbacher's club games today and tomorrow, depending on how my days shake out.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
I see 5 spots we can reasonably take by seasons end if we continue to wear down like I anticipate.

I refuse to not make lemonade here, from the lemons Adams has given us.

We need to be out of our minds insane to make any trade that involves this year's number 1.

Screenshot_20230113_115321~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Fearnot

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Ottawa is really disappointing me. I thought we'd be ahead of them by now in the lottery race.

I still believe by the time it's all said and done that Columbus and Montreal may be the only teams in the East who we trail.

Have faith

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
32 Thoughts

27. In his NBC Sports Chicago interview with Pat Boyle, Patrick Kane told a good story about Connor Bedard from last summer’s BioSteel camp. “There was one play in camp, he had a two-on-one with (Connor) McDavid and he looked off McDavid and took a shot,” Kane laughed. We were all laughing on the bench.”

He added Bedard was very noticeable, even among this group of players. “He moves so well laterally. Everyone talks about his shot, his ability to shoot from different angles and off a different foot each time. But, man, the way he moves laterally is what gives him that space to be able to do that, so pretty impressive. Everyone's wondering how is he going to do at the next level, how's he going to be. From what I saw…he’s going to be special.”

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
There will only be 2 teams in the East behind us in the standings b4 this year is done. Incredibly, possibly 1 team the way we're going. Columbus, and Possibly Montreal.

Thank goodness we still have our 23 first round selection!

Reactions: Fearnot

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Dusty I think you are being overly negative (or trolling). We shall see. I think worst/best case scenario is we draft 8th (Dvorsky?) and best/worst case 16th (Ritchie?). I'm liking Simashev with the Flyers 2nd and Strbak with our 2nd. Maybe we trade the Vegas 2nd for a stout defenseman for the upcoming season.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Dusty I think you are being overly negative (or trolling). We shall see. I think worst/best case scenario is we draft 8th (Dvorsky?) and best/worst case 16th (Ritchie?). I'm liking Simashev with the Flyers 2nd and Strbak with our 2nd. Maybe we trade the Vegas 2nd for a stout defenseman for the upcoming season.
I'm talking in the East, obviously there will be West teams behind us too.

But yeah, I'm calling Panthers, Flyers, Ottawa, Detroit, Islanders and not saying it will happen, but possibly even Montreal ahead of us at season's end.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
My current favorite got some more ink yesterday:

He's very much a what you see is what you get type of player. Nose for the net, doesn't give nor take a $@/# if you're in his way. His play making is underrated as all he does is scores, I know it's terrible. I just wish he was a few inches taller so he could impose his will more.

If Leonard and Barlow were available when Buffalo drafts I'd have a hard time complaining why they didn't draft the other. Saying that, I'm still partial to Barlow as he's carrying OS as their 17yo captain.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's very much a what you see is what you get type of player. Nose for the net, doesn't give nor take a $@/# if you're in his way. His play making is underrated as all he does is scores, I know it's terrible. I just wish he was a few inches taller so he could impose his will more.

If Leonard and Barlow were available when Buffalo drafts I'd have a hard time complaining why they didn't draft the other. Saying that, I'm still partial to Barlow as he's carrying OS as their 17yo captain.

I'm thinking of style at this point as well, though Leonard also has the advantage of being one of the fitter guys out there. The Sabres need more direct players who attack the net and Leonard does that and then some.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Reactions: Jim Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad