2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well it's almost that most wonderful time of the year so he'll get a few games against lesser teams. It's harder evaluating him against the powerhouses when his teammates are getting rolled

He's got the Germans and the Czechs who probably will be a nice test each but won't be the likely battering of the Canadians or the Swedes in their pool play. It wouldn't surprise me if he rises well above where the Sabres finish.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
He's got the Germans and the Czechs who probably will be a nice test each but won't be the likely battering of the Canadians or the Swedes in their pool play. It wouldn't surprise me if he rises well above where the Sabres finish.
I see him settling into that 7-10 tier as I think it's going:
1. Bedard
2. Fantilli
3. Carlsson
4. Michkov
As pretty much locks, then the next ones break into needs / likes
5. Smith
6. Benson
7. Yager
8. Sale
9. Dvorsky
10. Cristall

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
What do you guys think of Charlie Stramel? I haven’t watched any Wisconsin this year, but based on my viewings of him last year in the program, I’m kind of surprised that he hasn’t been more productive.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
What do you guys think of Charlie Stramel? I haven’t watched any Wisconsin this year, but based on my viewings of him last year in the program, I’m kind of surprised that he hasn’t been more productive.
Wisconsin is terrible so it's not surprising he's not putting up many points. He'll go in the 20s with a possibility of dropping to the 2nd

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

He’s my second want in this draft. My hope is that the Sabres end up drafting him and Oliver Bonk, and then I could pretty much care less about the rest of their picks. I’d trade all of our picks if it ends up with us drafting those two.

Reactions: truthbluth

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Wisconsin is terrible so it's not surprising he's not putting up many points. He'll go in the 20s with a possibility of dropping to the 2nd

For how much I like what Don does with Buffalo, I hate what his brother does for the Badgers. I worry about growth in his game

Here is his shift-by-shift from the 1 game he played at the August U20's:

Chris Peters had this article a few weeks ago:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Another guy I’m curious about is Quentin Musty. I haven’t watched any OHL games this year, but I was excited about him after watching one Sudbury game last year. Big kid, knows he’s big, goods hands. He’s scoring at a pretty good clip. Why do so many rankings have him outside the 1st?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another guy I’m curious about is Quentin Musty. I haven’t watched any OHL games this year, but I was excited about him after watching one Sudbury game last year. Big kid, knows he’s big, goods hands. He’s scoring at a pretty good clip. Why do so many rankings have him outside the 1st?

THN's recent article had Musty 19th. But there is a lot of commentary that he reminds people of Kaliyev from a few years ago - decision making, attitude, hockey sense stuff get some knocks from some writers/draft followers. It seems he has a wide variance depending on who is rating him thus far, anywhere from the upper teens down to the forties. McKeens and Button have him in the 40's which is certainly something but he's a July birthday so relatively young compared to other draft eligible guys.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Until the coaching change he wasn't doing anything, after that his production exploded. Now his skating still has questions but it'll be interesting to see how he performs the rest of the year

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Until the coaching change he wasn't doing anything, after that his production exploded. Now his skating still has questions but it'll be interesting to see how he performs the rest of the year
THN's recent article had Musty 19th. But there is a lot of commentary that he reminds people of Kaliyev from a few years ago - decision making, attitude, hockey sense stuff get some knocks from some writers/draft followers. It seems he has a wide variance depending on who is rating him thus far, anywhere from the upper teens down to the forties. McKeens and Button have him in the 40's which is certainly something but he's a July birthday so relatively young compared to other draft eligible guys.
I think I’m subconsciously gravitating toward bigger forwards with all of our physical bottom six guys aging. I wonder if the FO is thinking that at all. They passed up a lot of beef last year. Maybe they keep stacking skill and speed on skill and speed, but IMO, they need some size and jam in the org in a bad way.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think I’m subconsciously gravitating toward bigger forwards with all of our physical bottom six guys aging. I wonder if the FO is thinking that at all. They passed up a lot of beef last year. Maybe they keep stacking skill and speed on skill and speed, but IMO, they need some size and jam in the org in a bad way.

I'd like to see some beef injected into the prospect stable too. Especially beef that can play a low forechecking cycle since those few who do are getting long in the tooth.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
That's why I like Barlow even though he's just 6'1

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Musty has the local ties like Tuch. I’m sure he is on the Sabres radar unless there are major red flags.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I've been catching a few Tri City games to watch Dragecevic and their big overage center Jake Sloan keeps catching my attention. He's listed at 6'4, uses his size and is defensively sound while putting up points. He might be a good target with our 4th or 5th round pick
What about Dragicevic? Did you like his game?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Difference is that Lambert forced his way off of teams because he was unhappy, where as there's no insinuation of that with Michkov
Actually there is. Michkov doesn't get along well with teammates and his father got access to the Sochi dressing room. Michkov's father = Lambert's father.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad