2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don't see Pat's explosive skating though.
I think Bedard's got that type of skating ability. He's a PEP kid and looks more like Pat Kane because he likes to slow the play down. He's shifty on his skates.

I made the comparison because Bedard isn't a passing center. He's more of the dual threat, moving the puck where it needs to be. Sometimes it's a pass, sometimes it's a shot. Lafontaine was like that, similar size, both go to the net.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Bedard's got that type of skating ability. He's a PEP kid and looks more like Pat Kane because he likes to slow the play down. He's shifty on his skates.

I made the comparison because Bedard isn't a passing center. He's more of the dual threat, moving the puck where it needs to be. Sometimes it's a pass, sometimes it's a shot. Lafontaine was like that, similar size, both go to the net.

I will give Bedard credit for his compete level which for Pat was also top notch. Pat played the game like a human cannon ball. Something was going in the net - the puck, him, the goalie, a defenseman... someone. Bedard has some anger in his game but so far it seems like he channels it into that shot.

His shot is ridiculous. Power, speed, accuracy - he is a threat nearly every time the puck comes off his blade. He's going to score a lot of NHL goals.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I will give Bedard credit for his compete level which for Pat was also top notch. Pat played the game like a human cannon ball. Something was going in the net - the puck, him, the goalie, a defenseman... someone. Bedard has some anger in his game but so far it seems like he channels it into that shot.

His shot is ridiculous. Power, speed, accuracy - he is a threat nearly every time the puck comes off his blade. He's going to score a lot of NHL goals.
I think it’ll be really hard to find someone now who played with Lafontaine’s intensity where it channels directly into play. McDavid is intense but he channels it into trying to score.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

As of now: THN predicts him to go in the second round, with a chance to move up into the 1st. Which is what I’ve been saying. So if he’s available with the earliest second rounder, you draft him.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

As of now: THN predicts him to go in the second round, with a chance to move up into the 1st. Which is what I’ve been saying. So if he’s available with the earliest second rounder, you draft him.
Comparison?

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Simashev? I've seen every video that I think is available to be seen on him. Seems like he is Novikov to the 3rd power, really like his skating and decision making, of course he is sheltered and is playing a safe and steady game. I want RHD like everybody else but I'm wondering if he is in the conversation for maybe the 3rd of 4th defenseman off the board.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Oh look. Oliver Bonk and Andrew Gibson. Two people I said the Sabres should target in the second.

Button has Bonk as 31, Stramel as 33 (seems low to me), and Reidenbacher not in the top 64 (confusingly). Or I just am blind, which is also a possibility.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

Brock's preliminary media top 10 for the OHL has some interesting tidbits, including Musty at 3.
He has Barlow 2nd who I mentioned as my initial preferred candidate to draft, and so far nothing has swayed my opinion vice winning the lottery

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad