2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Finally starting to pay some attention to the draft. After looking at where players are starting to slot, here's what I think:

Adams has a rather large reserve list of drafted players. Even after decisions are made on Johnson and Marjala, discounting Glotov and Ruotsalainen, and assuming Portillo's rights are traded, he's still got 18 players on the reserve list.

Looking at Rochester, the team is packed with developing players: Kulich, Kisakov, Weissbach, Biro, Rosen, Cederqvist, Kozak, and Rousek. And then add to that Savoie, Ostlund, Bloom, and Nadeau.

It's a lot of developing players. That's 30 players that are in the systems working their way towards the NHL, acknowledging that they all won't make it.

I think where the Sabres slot in the first round, they might be able to get a player who could've been top 10 last year. Not saying that the Sabres should draft Reinbacher, but he could've been considered at 9 last year. It's a deep 2023 draft.

Adams could take what he has in the 2nd round and just pick. But I think this may be a good year to try to trade back into the first round. There are kids who were considered top 10-15 type players who are sliding. Allen And Stramel come to mind. I would not be upset if The Sabres come out of this draft with 4-5 players drafted because the traded up. The sheer numbers of kids in the system might make that a good choice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not a very good game though it bumped Warren up probably 20ish slots last season. Interesting seeing Akey performance on the testing might get him a boost also

I take this game less seriously over the years since my first live one in '96 until today. But it's still fun.

Scott Wheeler posted lineups -

It will be on NHL Network at 10:00 pm EST (so in 12 minutes).

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Reactions: Chainshot

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Carlo Colaiacovo in the booth, which is all the reason needed to post Our Favorite Gif:

IdenticalCelebratedChital-size_restricted.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'll watch it but you're not doing any serious scouting from it except to see defensive positioning out of the d

Yep. And in terms of viewing, it's more thin slicing guys who I haven't watched much up until now - maybe put someone on the "hey I want to watch THAT guy more" for some of the lesser know dudes.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The broadcast talking about fights at this game - it was how Bissonnette first showed up on my radar when he tee'd off on Phaneuf after Dion hit someone high.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What do we think about Matteo Mann as a big defensive RHD prospect? His curve might be longer than the Sabres current window.

He is a mountain of a human. Can't say I've found him remarkable but I can't really think of watching him with Chicoutomi and having noticed him.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
He is a mountain of a human. Can't say I've found him remarkable but I can't really think of watching him with Chicoutomi and having noticed him.

His plus trait is he's huge. But that chart above, holy crap. MacKinnon is mutant fast, 6'2" right shot D. Could be the next Brendan Guhle I suppose, but if the Sabres main D characteristic is to let guys get behind em, might want someone who can catch em.

There's actually a bunch of RHD in this game, just waiting for someone to show something special.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His plus trait is he's huge. But that chart above, holy crap. MacKinnon is mutant fast, 6'2" right shot D. Could be the next Brendan Guhle I suppose, but if the Sabres main D characteristic is to let guys get behind em, might want someone who can catch em.

There's actually a bunch of RHD in this game, just waiting for someone to show something special.

MacKinnon was the guy Sawchyn deked out of his skates in the first.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Don't often discuss late round picks here, but Djibril Toure is a very interesting overager. Right shot d, 6'7". Still needs to fill out. Plays on Musty's Sudbury Wolves.

I'm also very much on the Tomas Suchanek wagon. Sabres are well aware of him. Great WJCs.

Milton Oscarson is another overager I liked last year. Made the Swedes WJC.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't often discuss late round picks here, but Djibril Toure is a very interesting overager. Right shot d, 6'7". Still needs to fill out. Plays on Musty's Sudbury Wolves.

I'm also very much on the Tomas Suchanek wagon. Sabres are well aware of him. Great WJCs.

Milton Oscarson is another overager I liked last year. Made the Swedes WJC.

The 'son line was a lot of forecheck rumble all WJC long - Oscarson and Oskar Pettersson the Sens pick IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad