2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It really blows my mind that there is no desire by these outlets to hire more competent people. Half the people on here would be better beat writers for the team.
In his defense…there was some misunderstanding at the time Marr said it about the context of his statement.

On the other hand…if I know that with a full time job and a side project that takes up my time…he should know it when this is all he does.

Breathe. Chances are Simashev is gone. And he won't be the difference in the Sabres making the playoffs this year.
I don’t know what the playoffs have to do with anything. Kevyn Adams will be the difference in whether they make it or not this year just like he was last year. But I’ve been on the Simashev train from when public lists had him outside round 1 to showing up 5th in the black book. The hockey gods owe me this one.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
In his defense…there was some misunderstanding at the time Marr said it about the context of his statement.

On the other hand…if I know that with a full time job and a side project that takes up my time…he should know it when this is all he does.

I don’t know what the playoffs have to do with anything. Kevyn Adams will be the difference in whether they make it or not this year just like he was last year. But I’ve been on the Simashev train from when public lists had him outside round 1 to showing up 5th in the black book. The hockey gods owe me this one.
You just said you were at the boiling point.

We've all been where you are. Think I felt pretty justified on Alex Tuch? Samuelsson? Ostlund?

No need to stew over one player and let us know how smart you were on him..... daily.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I've got Simashev 11th in my final ranking.

Besides the top 5 forwards, it seems certain that Dvorsky (my 6th) and Reinbacher (my 7th) will be gone.

Leonard 8, Perreault 9, Benson 10. Hopefully one of them drops to 13.

Wood 12, But 13, ASP 14, Musty 15, Moore 16

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Mckenzie put Simashev and Willander have 19 and 20. I hope one of them will be ours.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Using BB's rankings, here's what I get, pre-McKenzie release:

1. Chicago: Bedard
2. Anaheim: Fantilli
3. Columbus: Carlsson
4. San Jose: Smith
5. Montreal: Dvorsky
6. Arizona: Simashev
7. Philly: Reinbacher
8. Washington: Michkov
9. Detroit: Leonard
10. St. Louis: Barlow
11. Vancouver: Benson
12. Arizona: But
13. Buffalo:

I think they'd really like Willander at this point and make the pick.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You just said you were at the boiling point.

We've all been where you are. Think I felt pretty justified on Alex Tuch? Samuelsson? Ostlund?

No need to stew over one player and let us know how smart you were on him..... daily.
I mean boiling point like I’m going to March into my friends basement to watch the draft half in the bag already talking about Simashev for two hours before our pick like I did with Kulich last year

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

13. Buffalo:

I'd revisit this post-McKensie release.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
5. Montreal: Leonard/Micthkov
6. Arizona: Micthkov/Leonard (whichever is left)
7. Philly: Dvorsky
8. Washington: Reinbacher
9. Detroit: Benson/Danielson
10. St. Louis: Wood
11. Vancouver: Simashev/Willander
12. Arizona: Danielson/Benson (whichever is left)
13. Buffalo: Willander/Simashev (whichever is left)

After Buffalo it's basically unpredictable imo.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

13. Buffalo:

Now with McKenzie's list:

6. Arizona: Leonard
9. Detroit: Barlow
12. Arizona: Simashev
13. Buffalo:

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018

I don't really recall you bringing him up until the last few months tbh.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

13. Buffalo:
Danielson here for me, though there are a bunch of guys I’d be more than happy with.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

13. Buffalo:

Gotta be Danielson here then. But would be acceptable as well.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I go back to what I've thought for a while, and that's Willander is the pick. He fits so much of what the Sabres would want at 13 and he might be their BPA or close to it based on the press conference yesterday.

Gotta be Danielson here then. But would be acceptable as well.
I would be fine with Danielson (more than fine) but I think they'll see more upside in other players. But would be a high upside kid that would probably rank higher with Adams than with other teams.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I go back to what I've thought for a while, and that's Willander is the pick. He fits so much of what the Sabres would want at 13 and he might be their BPA or close to it based on the press conference yesterday.

I would be fine with Danielson (more than fine) but I think they'll see more upside in other players. But would be a high upside kid that would probably rank higher with Adams than with other teams.
Agreed. That's why I mocked them to Buffalo, even though my preference would be Danielson.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If we're going to pump some tires about Simashev, Pronman had him at 13 in November. In HERE, it's @Doug Prishpreed and @SECRET SQUIRREL and me talking about him starting around the end of January in this thread (page 24-25 in here) along with Daniil But. And @elchud I think had the first post about him all the way back in December.
Of course I'm late, but I'm on this train too.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If we're going to pump some tires about Simashev, Pronman had him at 13 in November. In HERE, it's @Doug Prishpreed and @SECRET SQUIRREL and me talking about him starting around the end of January in this thread (page 24-25 in here) along with Daniil But. And @elchud I think had the first post about him all the way back in December.
You can find us also taking about him earlier in the year over on the main boards too - I think I posted an interview with him that will only make people like him more.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Yeah, we were relatively early adopters there. 👍
You were the one Chain that got me on to Simashev way back in the beginning of the season! I honestly think he'll be gone before we pick at 13. Same with Reinbacher and Willander.... It's why I'd be willing to take back the Chaos Giraffe (Myers) to swap picks in a deal with Vancouver, much better chance of getting one of them at #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad