2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Forton: there are a handful of really good defensemen in the draft that can be very good in the league, would not shock him if 2-4 are taken in the top 12

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
KA skipped over that Musty mention pretty quick, hmm, also mentioned bumping into other young prospects on his bike path (McCarthy), he knows these young draft classes pretty well, his son is in the 07 class

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Can't pass on Benson if he is there at 13.

I mean you can. Shouldn't pass on Benson.

Realistically Simashev wouldn't see the NHL til 2026, so you've got a few years to figure out what to do with all the forwards.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Can't pass on Benson if he is there at 13.

I mean you can. Shouldn't pass on Benson.

Realistically Simashev wouldn't see the NHL til 2026, so you've got a few years to figure out what to do with all the forwards.
Benson gone top 10

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I'm good with the Simashev pick, as he's got a lot more development room than anyone the Sabres passed on.

I think Danny Nelson is going to be one of those players we look back on in 3-5 years and ask why he got drafted so low. I'd be good with a trade up from 39 to snag him. I think he's BPA around 25.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm good with the Simashev pick, as he's got a lot more development room than anyone the Sabres passed on.

I think Danny Nelson is going to be one of those players we look back on in 3-5 years and ask why he got drafted so low. I'd be good with a trade up from 39 to snag him. I think he's BPA around 25.

Nelson reminds me of a more rugged Pinto from prior to Pinto's drafting.

Regarding KA this morning - I think the description of defensemen early in the PC, that sounded like Simashev. I don't know if he's tipping his preferences, but tall, mobile, able to kill plays and transition pucks... sounds like someone.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Anyone have a realistic draft pick trade value chart? Just something to get me in the ball park? There's a few online but they're all a little different.

thanks in advance

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone have a realistic draft pick trade value chart? Just something to get me in the ball park? There's a few online but they're all a little different.

thanks in advance

There is an older one floating around out there. Is this about the 14OA idea? Because if you are the Pens and Benson is there at 14, that's a no brainer to take. There is no return I would ask for from another team, I would run to the podium to take him, pointing at him the whole way.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
There is an older one floating around out there. Is this about the 14OA idea? Because if you are the Pens and Benson is there at 14, that's a no brainer to take. There is no return I would ask for from another team, I would run to the podium to take him, pointing at him the whole way.
No, I really like both Nelson and Stramel around 25-30. I'm wondering if the Sabres have the ammunition to go for quality over quantity in this draft, with the amount of prospects they have.

13: BPA (I really like the Simashev pick there)
39 + 3rd = somewhere in the late 1st to take Nelson
45 + 3rd = somewhere in the late 1st to take Stramel

The second 3rd coming from an Olofsson trade.

Just trying to see if that's even possible.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

thanks in advance
Hockey Draft Pick Transactions

I think going back and looking at trades over the years gives you a better feel than any draft pick value chart.

Here are some recent trades in the first round:

2022: SJ traded 11 to Arizona for 27, 34, & 45

2021: Dallas traded 14 to Detroit for 22, 47, & 137

Edmonton traded 19 to Minnesota for 21 & 89

2020: Calgary traded 19 to NYR for 22 & 71

2019: Philadelphia traded 11 to Arizona for 14 & 45

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
What I have been saying about Leonard:

:D

If Simashev gets taken before 13, someone else of high-value would fall. Corey’s talking about Dvorsky and even Danielson being of particular interest among the top 10 pickers, with Centers being in very high demand among these teams flush with winger prospects. You can start to see a path where Leonard is available at 13.

Just to start getting people’s hopes up :)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Simashev gets taken before 13, someone else of high-value would fall. Corey’s talking about Dvorsky and even Danielson being of particular interest among the top 10 pickers, with Centers being in very high demand among these teams flush with winger prospects. You can start to see a path where Leonard is available at 13.

Just to start getting people’s hopes up :)

While I try to not get too attached pro or con to draft guys I will say that there are four players who if available at 13 and they don't select, I may need a moment to collect my thoughts and pick things up off the floor: Leonard, Simashev, Dvorsky and Benson.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My caveat would be that if two are available and they select one of 'em, it's all good. If two are available and they pass on both...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

:biglaugh:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
While I try to not get too attached pro or con to draft guys I will say that there are four players who if available at 13 and they don't select, I may need a moment to collect my thoughts and pick things up off the floor: Leonard, Simashev, Dvorsky and Benson.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My caveat would be that if two are available and they select one of 'em, it's all good. If two are available and they pass on both...

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

I mean, I'm ready for anything in the Adams era -- passing on two would have me clutching my chest like Fred Sanford, but on the plus side, I could use some drama on draft day :)

I don't get attached to pros but I do get attached to cons, for better or worse.

I could easily see all four of your guys gone by 13. One curve ball I can see Adams throwing is a Honzek or Ritchie pick, if those four are all gone. Otherwise, the prevailing thought is that it would be Willander/Wood/But/Moore/ASP/Barlow in that case.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I mean, I'm ready for anything in the Adams era -- passing on two would have me clutching my chest like Fred Sanford, but on the plus side, I could use some drama on draft day :)

I don't get attached to pros but I do get attached to cons, for better or worse.

I could easily see all four of your guys gone by 13. One curve ball I can see Adams throwing is a Honzek or Ritchie pick, if those four are all gone. Otherwise, the prevailing thought is that it would be Willander/Wood/But/Moore/ASP/Barlow in that case.

Yeah, I admit I do stick more toward cons. I try to keep the list small. Andrew Cristall, I'm looking at you not at 13.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Any of those four would make my day. Reinnbacher and But would also make me very happy. Cristall or Sale, though? Hopefully I would have friends and family nearby to talk me off the ledge.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I’ve decided that I think we’re drafting Matthew Wood. I don’t love it and I wouldn’t do it…but it checks a lot of the boxes I think they covet. A giant ball of potential with high skill that they can mold and develop. I know they’ve also prioritized skating…but I bet they think he can improve it and be a monster.
I wouldn't be devastated. Disappointed for sure but I think Wood has a good chance to be a solid power forward.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

I learned my lessons with Jack Quinn.

Most folks wanted Rossi. I wanted Lundell. It's working out well so far for the Sabres. With Adams' drafts, I'm willing to see how they play out.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I wouldn't be devastated. Disappointed for sure but I think Wood has a good chance to be a solid power forward.
It would be right in the middle of my “fine” picks. If there’s no one left from my want list…then…you know. Fine.

I am intrigued by what he can be. Not enough to take him over a few people who should/will be there though.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Simashev or Willander very good for me.

If one of Leonard, Benson and Dvorsky will fall to us that would be cool.

I was fine with Moore, Barlow, Danielson, Yager, Wood, But and Honzek.

Skeptical with Perreault, Sale and Cristall.

ASP - I would take him before Perreault, Sale and Cristall, but not before Simashev and Willander.

Not sure about Musty at 13, for me there are more interesting players in this range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad