2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Last time it happened, I had a blackberry issued by my old evil employer. It's been a minute. :biglaugh:

I think the last time he and I have talked at length was about the 2019 draft and Portillo in particular, the day after that draft. It's been a minute is right...

I'm still sad at Portillo. There's no reason he couldn't beat out Levi, aside from his own mental block. You think your GM prefers a different guy? Make him eat his words by outperforming everyone.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm still sad at Portillo. There's no reason he couldn't beat out Levi, aside from his own mental block. You think your GM prefers a different guy? Make him eat his words by outperforming everyone.
Adams loves Levi so much he’s handing him a spot in the NHL out of college. If I was Portillo I have no interest in competing for Daddy’s attention. It’s not a winnable competition. Everything has screamed it’s a locked in decision.

There are a lot of nets in the league. Not many of them are taken by a guy younger than you when you turn pro.

It would have been a poor career choice to stay here.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Last time it happened, I had a blackberry issued by my old evil employer. It's been a minute. :biglaugh:

I think the last time he and I have talked at length was about the 2019 draft and Portillo in particular, the day after that draft. It's been a minute is right...
OT: Did you that there is a movie called Blackberry that just came out ? It was fun.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

13. Buffalo Sabres: Dmitri Simashev, D, Yaroslavl Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)

Buffalo is an organization I’ve circled in the pre-draft process to take a swing on the Lokomotiv kids. They have a young, talented team who scored a lot of goals last season. They have good young talent at all positions. It sets them up perfectly for the home run swing at Simashev or Danil But. A blue line with Rasmus Dahlin, Owen Power, Mattias Samuelsson and Dmitri Simashev could be a Stanley Cup contender group.

39. Buffalo: Theo Lindstein, D, Brynas (SWEDEN)
45. Buffalo: Andrew Cristall, LW, Kelowna (WHL)
86. Buffalo: Brandon Svoboda, C, Youngstown (USHL)
109. Buffalo: Yegor Rimashevskiy, RW, Dynamo Moscow Jr. (RUSSIA-JR.)
141. Buffalo: Anthony Romani, C, North Bay (OHL)
173. Buffalo: Carsen Musser, G, Usa U-18 (NTDP)
205. Buffalo: Hunter Anderson, LW, Shattuck – St.Mary’S Prep (HIGH-MN)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
46545.png

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’m rapidly approaching Simashev or bust. My guy like this last year was Gauthier. Which means Simashev will be a Flyer. I actually like ASP a lot. He’s not the physical guy we’ve been hoping for, but I don’t think he’s soft either, but there is a lot to like and we don’t really have anybody like that in the org. He’s not in my top 13, but I won’t pitch a stupid fit if he’s the guy.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I’m rapidly approaching Simashev or bust. My guy like this last year was Gauthier. Which means Simashev will be a Flyer. I actually like ASP a lot. He’s not the physical guy we’ve been hoping for, but I don’t think he’s soft either, but there is a lot to like and we don’t really have anybody like that in the org. He’s not in my top 13, but I won’t pitch a stupid fit if he’s the guy.
Well, we have Dahlin and Power. If Willander and ASP are about the same level, then it would be more logical to choose Willander. But for me, Simashev is number one, it will be sad if Adams misses him.

Reactions: Sabres

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Gauthier was never going to be available, and wasn't supposed to be -- big difference than this year, where most people think Simashev will be there.

They were both risers but Gauthier rose steadily throughout the season, whereas Simashev didn't start rising until his season was over.

-------------------------------------------------------
Jeez, how many mock drafts is Corey doing? He's mocked us to like 6 different players.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Not only does he have us taking Simashev, he's also got Benson going one pick later. If things shook out that way, I'd be falling all over myself to try and pry Pitt's pick away from them
Oh god, that would drive me nuts. I’m still all over Benson here though. As much as Simashev is a better organizational fit, Benson would be too good to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad