2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Simashev is my preferred pick due to his ridiculously high ceiling, but I'm putting my money on the Sabres selecting Willander at this point. They're gonna be enamored with his skating and the lack of Russian baggage is going to tip the scales.

We also need at least one high-end NCAA prospect to collectively clench and argue over

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The biggest surprise in Bob’s rankings is how little surprise there was. We’ve heard that Perreault was higher on scouts lists than he has been in public rankings…and that played out here. Danielson was a little lower than I expected…but not by more than a couple picks. The one guy I would bet goes higher than both public lists and Bob’s is Honzek. Big, great skater, reportedly great interviews, upside for days. Someone is going to jump for it.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Simashev is my preferred pick due to his ridiculously high ceiling, but I'm putting my money on the Sabres selecting Willander at this point. They're gonna be enamored with his skating and the lack of Russian baggage is going to tip the scales.

We also need at least one high-end NCAA prospect to collectively clench and argue over
I think it is quite possible that neither Simashev nor Willander will be on the board with our choice.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
When was the last time the forum-consensus got picked? Other than first/second overalls of course

Were we all into Greg O’Renko?

I feel like us all loving Simashev is the death sentence for that happening

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Listening to the locked on podcast mock draft. Just got to pick 13.

….

My God Joe DiBiase is embarassing.

I don’t even want to tell you who he picked. Its worse than you think.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I got a kick out of this exercise, their scouting reports from LWOS are eerily similar :laugh:

View attachment 719891

View attachment 719892

Ehh they all sound the same. I asked chat GPT for a report for a d-man that's not exceptional at anything.
Skating: This defenseman showcases solid skating abilities, which contribute to his effectiveness on both ends of the ice. While not the fastest skater on the team, he possesses good mobility and agility, allowing him to maneuver well in tight spaces. His smooth strides and balanced skating style enable him to maintain a strong defensive position and effectively transition into the offensive zone. Despite not possessing top-end speed, his strong edges and quick pivots make him elusive to opponents, enabling him to defend against speedy forwards effectively.

Offense: While not known for his offensive prowess, this defenseman brings a reliable presence to the offensive game. He demonstrates good vision and hockey IQ, making intelligent decisions with the puck to facilitate breakouts and contribute to the team's transition game. His passing accuracy and ability to make crisp outlet passes help kickstart offensive plays and generate scoring opportunities. Although he may not be a natural goal scorer, he possesses a reliable shot from the point and can contribute with well-timed shots that create rebounds or scoring chances for his teammates.

Defense: Defensively, this defenseman excels at playing a smart and positional game. Despite not having imposing physical stature, he utilizes his positioning and active stick to disrupt opposing plays effectively. His strong awareness of defensive responsibilities allows him to anticipate plays and intercept passes, contributing to turnovers and defensive zone exits. While not a physical force, he uses his body effectively to angle opponents and win battles along the boards. His commitment to backchecking and willingness to sacrifice his body in shot-blocking situations demonstrate his dedication to team defense.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
When was the last time the forum-consensus got picked? Other than first/second overalls of course

I can think of one draft where no one liked my picks in the mod mock draft and then both players wound up being taken by the team... :biglaugh:

I'm not going to be too down over who they take. This is like a mystery gift. They're getting someone good. We just have to be patient. :D

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Listening to the locked on podcast mock draft. Just got to pick 13.

….

My God Joe DiBiase is embarassing.

I don’t even want to tell you who he picked. Its worse than you think.
Here was the guys drafted before 13

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Michkov
Smith
Dvorsky
Leonard
Benson
Moore
ASP
Reinbacher
Simashev

Who would you take? What is your guess on who Sneaky Joe took? No cheating

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Michkov
Smith
Dvorsky
Leonard
Benson
Moore
ASP
Reinbacher
Simashev

There'd be several options I'm just fine with: Barlow, Danielson, But. Honzek would be intriguing. Willander would be fine.

Based on your reaction, I'm guessing he took either Perrault or Gulyayev

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

My first instinct is to say that we were all pretty well behind taking Girgensons with our 2nd first rounder that year....with many thinking he'd never get to us.

Risto was pretty darned near-consensus IIRC.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There'd be several options I'm just fine with: Barlow, Danielson, But. Honzek would be intriguing. Willander would be fine.

Way worse than those

after his pick the host said he had him in about that range. In round 2.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I can’t imagine being able to rank the players expected to go between 10-19 with any amount of confidence. So many good players.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Michkov
Smith
Dvorsky
Leonard
Benson
Moore
ASP
Reinbacher
Simashev

If it fell this way I’d take Willander or one of Wood/But/Barlow/Honzek. Get something in the pipeline we don’t have

Reactions: displacedsabre

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Michkov
Smith
Dvorsky
Leonard
Benson
Moore
ASP
Reinbacher
Simashev

Willander. In fact, switch ASP with Willander and I think that's literally the worst possible scenario.

If it fell like that, I'd probably go with Danielson or Otto Stenberg. But there's several other options I wouldn't be upset with, including ASP.

Speaking of Stenberg, I feel like he's underrated. I think I've seen him 5-10 times and been super impressed every time.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I was actually heartened by the way the draft went on locked on nhl. I see zero chance that none of Perreault (who Bob’s list had at 10 and Pronman has said he hears will go early) AND Danielson (Center) AND every big boy (Wood, Honzek, But, Barlow who plays that way) will be passed on from 6-12. Just…zero chance IMO. Of course I’ll need more than one just pushing ASP down. But that’s a problem for another day

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
It’s a good guess. But it’s even worse.

He followed up the run of D by taking Dragicevic. At 13.

He's looking at it like it's the NFL draft and drafting for immediate needs.

If we traded for Pesce tomorrow and signed him to a 7 year extension, he'd probably immediately pivot and start mocking Hrabal to us.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dragicevic at 13?

giphy.gif

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I don’t think we’ve talked a lot about round 2 but there will be some studs there.

Who we taking? Stramel, Strbak, Danny Nelson? I’d be over the moon with any 2 of those 3.

Reactions: mcy35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad