2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
This isn’t really my forte, but I thought Michkov was a guy thought to be a favorite for best in his class if not for Bedard. Did he have a poor year or is it just his nation/contract weighing him down

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
This isn’t really my forte, but I thought Michkov was a guy thought to be a favorite for best in his class if not for Bedard. Did he have a poor year or is it just his nation/contract weighing him down

Attitude seems to be the thing. Pretty sure he’s also trying to swing it so the Caps draft him.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Realistically the first 3 are set in stone, the only question is who goes first out of Fantilli and Carlsson as Columbus has made no bones about they're taking a C

San Jose is a wildcard as they could go Smith, Michkov, Leonard. Montreal is looking at one of the leftovers as I don't think Reinbacher is high on their priorities. Now Arizona is intriguing as they also have 12, they picked their future C last year and are chock-full of small forwards so I think they're more likely to gravitate towards Leonard or Reinbacher.

Getting long winded so here's my current gut feeling mock

1. Chi Bedard
2. Ana Fantilli
3. Cbs Carlsson
4. SJS Smith
5. Mtl Leonard
6. Ari Reinbacher
7. Phi Dvorsky
8. Wsh Michkov
9. Det Danielson
10. StL Benson
11. Van Willander
12. Ari Barlow
13. Buf Honzek
I’m not super sure on order but if I’m going of HP, here’s what I get, with a little bit of team direction involved:

1. Chicago: Bedard
2. Anaheim: Fantilli
3. Columbus: Carlsson
4. SJ: Will Smith
5. Montreal: Barlow
6. Arizona: Simashev
7. Philly: Reinbacher
8. Washington: Michkov
9. Detroit: Dvorsky
10. St. Louis: Leonard
11. Vancouver: But
12. Arizona: Benson
13. Buffalo

Perreault, Wood, Honzak, Bonk, Danielson

I’d trade out of that pick.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I’m not super sure on order but if I’m going of HP, here’s what I get, with a little bit of team direction involved:

13. Buffalo

Bonk is not an option at 13. He’s the end of the 1st or early 2nd. Either way I hope they move up to guarantee drafting him.

This draft go BPA in the 1st and then go D and/or size in the rest

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
No need for sarcasm. I'm always game for more Finnish netminders.

That being said, I don't care at all about any of the picks. Just make a few trades. I'm anxious for next season to start, excited to see how the team plays now, as opposed to guys who won't see the NHL for 3+ years. Not saying to trade all the picks, but let's go, guys. Draft some D, draft some Finnish goalies, and move 13, Olofsson, whatever. Let's go!
Miikka Kiprusoff was my favorite player as a kid when I was getting into hockey. He was so much fun to watch.

I feel that the overall talent of Finnish goalies have dropped off though. Used to dominate the league with Kipper, Rinne, Rask, Lehtonen, Backstrom, and Niemi. Now It’s Saros then a bunch of mediocrity.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

13. Buffalo

Not interested in Willander? It seems like he hasn't been discussed much here because, to a lesser extent than Reinbacher, he rose up boards and hasn't been expected to be available. But I've been feeling lately that teams ahead of us are going to have a hard time passing on the top forwards that make this draft strong (not unlike your projection).

I'm intrigued by the Sweden-to-BU route and as a U18 standout he might be in our crosshairs based on past precedent.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Not interested in Willander? It seems like he hasn't been discussed much here because, to a lesser extent than Reinbacher, he rose up boards and hasn't been expected to be available. But I've been feeling lately that teams ahead of us are going to have a hard time passing on the top forwards that make this draft strong (not unlike your projection).

I'm intrigued by the Sweden-to-BU route and as a U18 standout he might be in our crosshairs based on past precedent.
Willander good pick up at 13

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Realistically the first 3 are set in stone, the only question is who goes first out of Fantilli and Carlsson as Columbus has made no bones about they're taking a C

San Jose is a wildcard as they could go Smith, Michkov, Leonard. Montreal is looking at one of the leftovers as I don't think Reinbacher is high on their priorities. Now Arizona is intriguing as they also have 12, they picked their future C last year and are chock-full of small forwards so I think they're more likely to gravitate towards Leonard or Reinbacher.

Getting long winded so here's my current gut feeling mock

1. Chi Bedard
2. Ana Fantilli
3. Cbs Carlsson
4. SJS Smith
5. Mtl Leonard
6. Ari Reinbacher
7. Phi Dvorsky
8. Wsh Michkov
9. Det Danielson
10. StL Benson
11. Van Willander
12. Ari Barlow
13. Buf Honzek
If Benson really might slide that far, I don't think I can watch the draft live. The heartbreak would be too much.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Q Which NHL player do you model your game after?

Tom Willander, D, Rogle (Sweden, J20): I really like how Miro Heiskanen plays. I feel like his two-way game is really good. Quite similar to me. He's a strong skater, and his transition game is super good. Not too flashy but very effective in the offensive zone.

Brandon Svoboda, C, Youngstown Phantoms (USHL): Alex Tuch's a big one for me. He uses his size and skating ability to take the puck to the net. He's offensively gifted, he's very responsible in the D-zone, and his game's got an edge to it.

Maxim Strbak, D, Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL): Mo Seider. He's more offensive, but there are some similarities between me and him. He's a very physical player, aggressive along the walls, retrieves the puck well, passes it well, and also contributes offensively.

Brady Cleveland, D, USNTDP: I like to watch a lot of Jaycob Megna on Seattle. He's a good comparison for me, just with his size and ability on the ice.

Caden Price, D, Kelowna Rockets (WHL): There's a lot of different guys I take things from. I'd say a guy like Thomas Chabot, a two-way, rangy defenseman who's leaned on by his team. He's a leader. He skates well. He's got good puck instincts.

Q If you could steal one trait from an active NHLer, what would it be?

Paul Fischer, D, USNTDP: (Rasmus) Dahlin's hands. He's got pretty silky mitts. They always help in tight-making plays.

Hunter Brzustewicz, D, Kitchener Rangers (OHL): Watching these playoffs, Radko Gudas. He's just been a prick. That's a big one for me. Just watching him and learning and seeing his mentality has opened my eyes.

Q Who's a teammate of yours in this draft class people should know about?

Gajan: Dalibor Dvorsky. He will be maybe top five, maybe top 10 in the draft. He's a great guy in the locker room, and everybody sees what he's doing on the ice, right? He's a great leader. Of course, he has great skating, great shot, but I think his hockey IQ is special. He thinks really fast and makes great decisions on the ice.

Svoboda: Jacob Fowler. A lot of people know about him. He won goalie of the year in the USHL. But I think he's the best goalie in the draft, and he proved in the playoffs why he should be first. He's a great guy, too - one of my best friends on the team.

Perreault: For our team, one guy I always try to say is Ryan Fine. He's not the biggest guy, but he's so skilled and so smart, and I was really happy for him when he got rewarded with a top-six role at (under-18) worlds.

This has some pretty good nuggets in there.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

13. Buffalo

What happened to your Willader pick that you were so sure Adams was taking?

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

13. Buffalo

Super easy Oliver Moore pick for me.

I don't trade it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

There are some interesting predictions in there.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

There are some interesting predictions in there.
Very dubious rankings

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
What happened to your Willader pick that you were so sure Adams was taking?
Read above on this very thread page. That’s why I’ve had Willander as the pick for a while. But if it came to picking him or including 13 in a trade, I’d take the latter.
Super easy Oliver Moore pick for me.

I don't trade it.
After reading about him in BB, I’m hesitant.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

This has some pretty good nuggets in there.

The productivity wasn't great, but I can definitely see the Tuch in these highlights. Pretty fast and aggressive going north/south

Anyone watch Svoboda? Admitted overreaction, but I could get pretty excited using a mid-round pick on a big boy that can skate, seems to have decent skill, and aspires to be defensively-responsible/physical.

Hard to dislike Brzustewicz's take too. I haven't followed the draft this year, and after reading his Gudas comment, I figured he would be a big guy whose only ability is physicality, but that's nice to hear from someone with some offensive fire power.

Reactions: HOOats

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
After reading about him in BB, I’m hesitant.
You were a Beniers fan, didn't Moore look like him?

The productivity wasn't great, but I can definitely see the Tuch in these highlights. Pretty fast and aggressive going north/south

Anyone watch Svoboda? Admitted overreaction, but I could get pretty excited using a mid-round pick on a big boy that can skate, seems to have decent skill, and aspires to be defensively-responsible/physical.

Hard to dislike Brzustewicz's take too. I haven't followed the draft this year, and after reading his Gudas comment, I figured he would be a big guy whose only ability is physicality, but that's nice to hear from someone with some offensive fire power.

If you need a potential Tuch, this is Daniil But.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1687194548801.png

Big boy draft.

Reactions: hizzoner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad