2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Is there anything out there except for speculation that Washington specifically would never let Michkov get past them?

FWIW I don’t think Washington will even have the option, but there’s a chance Michkov and Ovechkin won’t even get to play at the same time given Ovi’s age and Michkov’s contract.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Final NHL.com mock draft is out

One has Benson falling to us. The other has us taking Wood.

I would like one of those a lot more than the other.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Is there anything out there except for speculation that Washington specifically would never let Michkov get past them?

FWIW I don’t think Washington will even have the option, but there’s a chance Michkov and Ovechkin won’t even get to play at the same time given Ovi’s age and Michkov’s contract.
Well, he could be the new Ovi for them. Washington always chooses a lot of Russians. But suppose Washington takes someone else, how will this help them in the next 1-2 years? No way, so they can easily take Michkov. In general, I would take Nikolishin's words very seriously, he has a very good reputation and, by the way, he is a Washington scout. He's not the first to talk about Michkov's troubles, and if that's true, Adams won't take on a player with that kind of character and attitude.

Either Nikolishin specifically said this so that Michkov would fall to 8. :laugh:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
KA is not going to take an attitude problem (not even as a flyer) so let the dream end there, sorry @Gabrielor ...of course someone could be planting the stories to make him fall...but it sounds like it's the predominant feeling.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
KA is not going to take an attitude problem (not even as a flyer) so let the dream end there, sorry @Gabrielor ...of course someone could be planting the stories to make him fall...but it sounds like it's the predominant feeling.
Adams is in a win-win for me. This won't be a Rossi situation.

If Michkov falls near/to us, and we take him, I go berserk with happiness.

If Michkov is taken before us, makes sense.

If Michkov falls to us, and we pass, I'll fully believe Adams did his due diligence and Michkov either is an issue, or isn't coming to America.

Adams has earned that drafting rope.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It’s kinda funny, this is the second year in a row where everyone is waiting to see what MTL does, as they’re once again in another pickle of a situation with too many options. They have such a small team already that Mitchkov has got to be a particular difficult choice for them - and he’s a difficult choice to begin with.

I think they should’ve went w Cooley last year, and this they should go with Barlow or Leonard or someone like that this year.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
It’s kinda funny, this is the second year in a row where everyone is waiting to see what MTL does, as they’re once again in another pickle of a situation with too many options. They have such a small team already that Mitchkov has got to be a particular difficult choice for them - and he’s a difficult choice to begin with.

I think they should’ve went w Cooley last year, and this they should go with Barlow or Leonard or someone like that this year.
They actually might go leonard or benson if the sharks take smith

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

Leonard is not getting past the Flyers. Just like last year where Gauthier wasn’t getting past them.

And as for now, I’m still on the Gauthier > Savoie train.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I probably blocked the people posting this -- is anyone able to summarize or re-post?

Former NHLer Andrei Nikolishin said that he has attitude problems and is basically uncoachable.

EDIT:

Andrey Nikolishin told how Matvei Michkov is evaluated in the NHL.

According to experts, the Russian striker is seen as a contender for the choice in the top 5 in the NHL draft.

“For me, he is first or second in terms of skill in the draft.

But in terms of character, in relation to teammates, coaching staff, management, fans - the person has now fallen very low in the eyes of all scouts, all managers. It has nothing to do with tragedy.

The information is collected about the player - about how he talks with partners, how he communicates with coaches, how he behaves off the ice. And here is Matvei...

You can reveal many nuances. I can show the correspondence when I wanted to meet him and, being a scout, ask a few questions, do an interview, how he answers.

I have never seen such disrespect for other people in my life, ”said Andrey Nikolishin, a former striker of the Russian national team.

That’s what @Fjordy said, but take it with a grain of salt. Nikolishin is a scout for the Capitals.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Nikolishin is a scout for the Capitals.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Former NHLer Andrei Nikolishin said that he has attitude problems and is basically uncoachable.

EDIT:

According to experts, the Russian striker is seen as a contender for the choice in the top 5 in the NHL draft.

But in terms of character, in relation to teammates, coaching staff, management, fans - the person has now fallen very low in the eyes of all scouts, all managers. It has nothing to do with tragedy.

The information is collected about the player - about how he talks with partners, how he communicates with coaches, how he behaves off the ice. And here is Matvei...

You can reveal many nuances. I can show the correspondence when I wanted to meet him and, being a scout, ask a few questions, do an interview, how he answers.

I have never seen such disrespect for other people in my life, ”said Andrey Nikolishin, a former striker of the Russian national team.

That’s what @Fjordy said, but take it with a grain of salt. Nikolishin is a scout for the Capitals.
Thanks so much!

This is why you can’t scout from a couch.

When you’re projecting these kids, you might start with skill and physical stature, but 3rd, 4th, and 5th in importance are all things you can’t see watching them play. That’s why we’re sometimes surprised on draft day.

Anyway, there’s nothing worse than someone who is a dick to fans.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Andrei Nikolishin said that Michkov is very selfish and not a good teammate.
And he’s the capitals scout?? Wow, this is getting interesting.

Considering all this, I feel like this would be fun to bet on. Which spot would have the best odds? I’m guessing he falls to Arizona’s second pick, which I kind of love.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Bad signal

I think Michkov falling has more to do with having to wait 3 years and there is always the risk of him not coming over. If I am a GM with the 3rd overall do you take Carlsson or wait 3 years for Michkov...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad