2023 NHL Draft June 28 and 29, Nashville, TN (Selections - 13, 39, 45, 86, 109, 141, 173, 205)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Chewing through the BB and it's interesting to see their view on Simashev align with what I saw. The DBut takes surprise me. Like most years, enjoying the chew.
I felt a wave of pride wash over me to see them have Simashev as the top D. It wasn’t long ago I was afraid to even say it publicly...at least outside of the Sabres board. I think he’s special. I want him very badly.

An incredible skating shutdown defenseman who I will bet a lot unlocks his offensive production. Especially here.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
:cool:

6545654.png

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I felt a wave of pride wash over me to see them have Simashev as the top D. It wasn’t long ago I was afraid to even say it publicly...at least outside of the Sabres board. I think he’s special. I want him very badly.

An incredible skating shutdown defenseman who I will bet a lot unlocks his offensive production. Especially here.
Possible we have one of Simashev or Reinbacher available. More likely Rein seeing how the late shuffling is going.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Would love Benson if he fell. I know a lot of people want size and D, but I'd take Benson over Reinbacher even if both were available. Guy is an absolute gamer and would be a great replacement for Skinner down the line.

He would be a perfect winger with any of our centermen and he also could PK and close out games. I'm definitely good if we draft Benson.

Reactions: Misko

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Athletic staff mock draft is out. Where (I assume) the local writers who survived the purge make the picks

1. Bedard
2. Fantilli
3. Carlsson
4. Smith
5. Detroit trades up for Michkov
6. Reinbacher
7. Leonard
8. Dvorsky
9. Benson
10. Danielson
11. Willander
12. Perreault

13. Buffalo Sabres: Dmitriy Simashev, LHD, Lokomotiv (KHL)​

The two highest-ranked players left on Pronman’s board are both Russian. Winger Danil But and defenseman Dmitriy Simashev are Pronman’s ninth and tenth best players respectively. The Sabres haven’t been shy about drafting Russians under Kevyn Adams and they have made an organizational commitment to rebuilding a Russian pipeline in their system. They haven’t yet drafted a Russian player this high in the draft, though. But with a loaded prospect pool and plenty of young talent on the roster, the Sabres can afford to be patient with a Russian player. Simashev would fill Buffalo’s glaring need for a mobile, two-way defenseman in the system. He didn’t have a ton of offensive production last season but did get time in the KHL as a 17-year-old. With so many of the top forwards in the class off the board, this feels like a good spot to target Simashev. —Matt Fairburn

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Would love Benson if he fell. I know a lot of people want size and D, but I'd take Benson over Reinbacher even if both were available. Guy is an absolute gamer and would be a great replacement for Skinner down the line.
The guys at the Athletic are saying they think Benson will fall because "small guys fall -- look at Kemell." Well, what about the other small guys who don't fall every year, which are far more common?

Just seems like very weak reasoning behind the idea that Benson will fall.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Chances one of Reinbacher, Simachev, Benson mae it to 13 ? Under 20% or higher ? This happens every year here.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Chances one of Reinbacher, Simachev, Benson mae it to 13 ? Under 20% or higher ? This happens every year here.
If Simashev wasn’t Russian I’d put it at under 5%

But he is. And he has questions about offensive upside. So I’ll actually predict he is there despite the scouting world embracing what we’ve been saying for months

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
First round--Simashev, Reinbacher, But or Musty
Second round= 2 of Gibson, Stramel, Dvorak,Strabak
Third round-Pharand or Nelson
This is a crapshoot but since it is I would want to take a chance on players with size who have the skill at positions of need in our pipeline..

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
IMG_9175.jpeg

I am almost certain some of these beat writers and Twitter/Blog folks follow us here and take our content and publish it as their own. I’ve seen it time and time again shortly after stuff is posted in here. Sometimes maybe it’s a coincidence but I’m not really a believer of those. Regardless, looks like other people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
View attachment 717958
I am almost certain some of these beat writers and Twitter/Blog folks follow us here and take our content and publish it as their own. I’ve seen it time and time again shortly after stuff is posted in here. Sometimes maybe it’s a coincidence but I’m not really a believer of those. Regardless, looks like other people are jumping on the bandwagon.

They all come around eventually

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
View attachment 717958

I'm not sure I'm happy that this has gotten out (as Simashev would be a fine pick). We weren't really publicly connected to any of our 1st round picks last year.

The two we WERE connected to most last year were Kasper and Yurov. Didn't get the chance to take Kasper.......and we know how the Yurov thing went.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Bakes likes Wood (well, both of them :)) and Simachev, and says KA will sprint to the podium if Michkov falls.

Are they brothers? I’ve been beating the Miles drum for awhile, think I even made a trade proposal for him a couple years back :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
View attachment 717958

I know we put up some grunt work on threads and see similar things show up in various outlets. The goalie thread, the PK thread, the Americans off-season thread with the roster tracker — we're a good clearinghouse for information. Lol.

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
I know we put up some grunt work on threads and see similar things show up in various outlets. The goalie thread, the PK thread, the Americans off-season thread with the roster tracker — were a good clearinghouse for information. Lol.
You’re absolutely correct. I follow tons of Sabres content and stuff we discuss on here is pretty unique (one of the reasons I’m here) and not stuff you see anywhere else. But boy, once we start digging in here and discussing, wowla, it starts appearing all over in the Sabres media sphere. Coincidence? Maybe some, but to some of you beat folks hiding out there…. We’re on to you! ;)

Edit: However, many of you all are pretty solid hobby scouts, and just ahead of the information flow. Props to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad