GDT: 2023 NHL Draft: Day 2 (Rounds 2-7), Thursday, June 29, 11 a.m. NHLN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Man it’s depressing to see all those guys and get not shot at drafting them.

They may never make it, but it’s always fun to add prospects with some king of offensive upside.

Chicago is everywhere, it’s insane to see the amount of moves they are on.

Now I wish they would have went for the Hall trade, would have added some offense and a possible gain of assets later in the season.

Reactions: Wats

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
So we are stuck with our vets. I was expecting that, TBH. Our tandem is very hungry right now. They don‘t want to get rid for any price. Mmmmm. Interesting.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
I hope I'm wrong but this feels like a Shaw/Dvorak type reach. Avalanche pro scouting rarely give up good talent in trades so maybe they are due for a mistake.
At least Newhook is way more talented than those guys. This is way more my type of gamble. Shaw/Dvorak were never going to be bonafide top 6er. With Newhook, it's a possibility.

I do agree that Colorado's pro scouting is pretty solid. So why they did let him go? Maybe he was miscast, maybe we fooled ourselves. Or maybe that's why we had to overpay.

We'll see but I like a gamble. But like any gamble, it might not work.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Feel like Seattle has good drafting, people laughed at the organization at the expansion draft but they are building something pretty good.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Craig Anderson kept having a bad season and then a great season and then a bad season and then a great season.
I’d argue he had an elite 7 year run in Ottawa (2010-2017). He always seemed to have the Habs number.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
So we are stuck with our vets. I was expecting that, TBH. Our tandem is very hungry right now. They don‘t want to get rid for any price. Mmmmm. Interesting.

We have so many forwards and defensemen it’s crazy.

I get that with the amount of late picks we have they might be inclined to trade for picks in next year’s draft or to get players of equal value in exchange.

At one point we’ll see movement. Dvorak has an 8 team ntc coming up on july 1st.

Reactions: dinodebino

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Feel like Seattle has good drafting, people laughed at the organization at the expansion draft but they are building something pretty good.
Last year draft (Shane Wright exlcuded) was a slam dunk draft.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Canucks take Mynio. He had a terrific playoffs for Seattle. Not a lot of offensive upside but plays a solid, grinding defensive game.

I was looking at him for 5th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad