GDT: 2023 NHL Draft: Day 2 (Rounds 2-7), Thursday, June 29, 11 a.m. NHLN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I do agree that Colorado's pro scouting is pretty solid. So why they did let him go?
Colorado is contending, they don't have time to let Newhook develop.

He's good player and has more room to grow, but they need solid contributions now and have holes to fill in their roster, which is why they picked up Ross Colton and Ryan Johansen and also got to restock the cupboard with more draft capital.

This trade makes sense for them IMO, plus I still think Huges overpaid a bit too.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
The last few years I remember being surprised at the high number of overagers being drafted but very few have been so far. Probably confirms that the draft is strong.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Corey Perry's contract with 2 days left on it traded to Chicago for a 7th. Id like to see him reject a contract with Chicago and come play on our fourth line with Armia

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Colorado is contending, they don't have time to let Newhook develop.

He's good player and has more room to grow, but they need solid contributions now and have holes to fill in their roster, which is why they picked up Ross Colton and Ryan Johansen and also got to restock the cupboard with more draft capital.

This trade makes sense for them IMO, plus I still think Huges overpaid a bit too.
Yeah, that's my guess too. Hoepfully we're right and this is another Dach type move

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Who is that UNIT at the Blackhawks table? Jesus. I hope he’s not the strength and conditioning coach :laugh:

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
I want boom or bust in our next 4 picks. A player that has one or two ELITE attributes with decent IQ and has to work on other stuff. Lets get the guys who are hungry to reach the next level, get better and make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad