2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
In the next couple of days, my predictions are that;

- Zadina, Fabbri and Veleno are traded ... perhaps unloading Chiarot as part of acquiring a larger salary (though, I'm one of the few who like Chiarot)

- Wings will acquire at least one top 6 forward via FA or trade, probably 2

- acquire at least one top 4 defenseman

- acquire a bottom 6 bouncer that can play to ride shotgun with Kasper and Kostin ... the grind line reinvented

- obviously they need a decent goalie, who depends on what they still think of Husso at this point

- they will spend more money than most here would have expected

- many here will still not be satisfied (okay, that's not a prediction, it's a scientific fact)

You forgot the part where Yzerman personally visits our houses and gives us gold hockey pucks.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
A lot of teams are really up against it cap-wise. Some guys you never thought would be moved, will be moved because of that, I believe. Wings have room to maneuver.

Seider is really the only long-term massive contract the Wings have to worry about coming up the pipe. Yeah, there's Raymond ... but he hasn't shown what he needs to show to be a must-sign as of yet. He's got to be better.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
You forgot the part where Yzerman personally visits our houses and gives us gold hockey pucks.
In the next couple of days, my predictions are that;

- Zadina, Fabbri and Veleno are traded ... perhaps unloading Chiarot as part of acquiring a larger salary (though, I'm one of the few who like Chiarot)

- Wings will acquire at least one top 6 forward via FA or trade, probably 2

- acquire at least one top 4 defenseman

- acquire a bottom 6 bouncer that can play to ride shotgun with Kasper and Kostin ... the grind line reinvented

- obviously they need a decent goalie, who depends on what they still think of Husso at this point

- they will spend more money than most here would have expected

- many here will still not be satisfied (okay, that's not a prediction, it's a scientific fact)
I'm trying to figure out which of these is the most likely. It's truly a toss-up.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I believe SY believes we're further away than he had hoped and wont spend any assets to make an impact trade but will prefer older guys who'll come here rather than chase a cup

Yeah, we're in the "bridge" part of the rebuild. Grab guys who can spot fill and maybe, if things turn around sooner and they are still around, they can slide down the lineup as role players.

That's why signing guys over 30 doesn't really bother me if they are on shorter deals. The kids need help to be able to get in the offensive zone more.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Many times some QOs aren't made, but players are signed to multi-year extensions right after that.

I'll expect same happen for Veleno.

- No qualifying offer.
- Will sign for 2 years.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
My guess

Killorn 4 years @ 5.25m
Klingberg 2 years @ 6m
Korpisalo 3 years @ 4.25m

And yes I realize those are all Ks

My guess is Killorn & Dumba will be the bigger additions.
There's gotta be better options for our defense....gudas, mayfield, trade for pesce? I never liked Dumba's game and what he did to Raymond makes me hate him a lot more.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Just watch
lol. I would just worry about klingberg. I was all for him last offseason and was willing to give him the 7 year deal and I know he had a rough team to play for in ANA, but idk how much i like the lack of defense the man has on what most likely would be our second pair.

Do you put Ed with him and force Ed to play defense only or move Ed down to the third line to stay with chiarot and bring maatta up to second? I guess that could work with Maatta because I really like him and think he could definitely play that role.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
lol. I would just worry about klingberg. I was all for him last offseason and was willing to give him the 7 year deal and I know he had a rough team to play for in ANA, but idk how much i like the lack of defense the man has on what most likely would be our second pair.

Do you put Ed with him and force Ed to play defense only or move Ed down to the third line to stay with chiarot and bring maatta up to second? I guess that could work with Maatta because I really like him and think he could definitely play that role.

I think Klingberg over played his hand last summer and will now just try and cash in as much as possible
7m last year
2x6m this year seems fair

Pair him with maata and PP2 QB

He will still put up 35 to 40pts

Reactions: WingsToPick4th
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad