2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I’ve stopped talking about Killhorn because I’ve just accepted it that it’s happening, it’s already done. Contract is sitting in his glovebox and he’ll send it over in July in the first minute FA opens up. And I’m not mad about it at all.
Idk why people would be mad. As long as it's not some overpay. Assuming his production drops he's still a very useful player. Veteran, tough, good scorer. Fills the Bert void in the short term while Elmer or Mazur develop.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Idk why people would be mad. As long as it's not some overpay. Assuming his production drops he's still a very useful player. Veteran, tough, good scorer. Fills the Bert void in the short term while Elmer or Mazur develop.
He's a mid-30s all-purpose middle 6 cup winner hitting the open market for the first time. An overpay is pretty much guaranteed.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
so it's an overpay if after putting up a career high in points and goals this year he doesn't take at minimum a 500k+ paycut to the deal he signed 7 years ago when the cap was $10 million smaller?

talk about unrealistic expectations
What's your opinion on Larkin's deal?

Also, I don't want to sign him. If that offer makes him agree with me, good.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The guy had over 60 points. I get he's old but he's worth more than that. 3x5.5 is what I'd look for. And I'd be OK with 3x6.
Perron had just as strong a season in '22 and signed 2x4.7.

seems pretty fair to me overall considering what guys like Horvat and Barzal who I would consider pretty comparable got
So, you've changed your stance. Got it.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
did I?

I don't recall being upset about what Larkin signed for
But you sure we're making your opinions regarding his comparables and projected contract known before he did. Pretty sure you disagreed with Barzal and Horvat even as comparables... I could be wrong. There were more than a few skeptics.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
But you sure we're making your opinions regarding his comparables and projected contract known before he did. Pretty sure you disagreed with Barzal and Horvat even as comparables... I could be wrong. There were more than a few skeptics.

you're probably thinking of someone else, I never even really said much about Larkin's contract in general because to be honest I never really even cared that much about the value of it

I was and am skeptical of the idea of building around him in general(and would be skeptical about building around someone like Barzal or Horvat as well) but it was always obvious following the negotiations that he would end up getting paid around what he ended up getting and honestly with the Wings having chosen to build around him if he doesn't live up to the deal the cap hit isn't even gonna matter anyways

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
you're probably thinking of someone else, I never even really said much about Larkin's contract in general because to be honest I never really even cared that much about the value of it

I was and am skeptical of the idea of building around him in general(and would be skeptical about building around someone like Barzal or Horvat as well) but it was always obvious following the negotiations that he would end up getting paid around what he ended up getting and honestly with the Wings having chosen to build around him if he doesn't live up to the deal the cap hit isn't even gonna matter anyways
I don't think Stevie is building around Larkin, I think he's trying to avoid being a bottom 5 team. Without Larkin, this team is probably 3rd from the bottom next season.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
So I know RGA signings are taboo, which I think is stupud, but what if Steve used it to his advantage? Go to Holland and say we are going to sign Bouchard to an offer sheet OR you can trade him to us for our first 2nd rounder, Kubilick or Matta, and AlJo or Hanas.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So I know RGA signings are taboo, which I think is stupud, but what if Steve used it to his advantage? Go to Holland and say we are going to sign Bouchard to an offer sheet OR you can trade him to us for our first 2nd rounder, Kubilick or Matta, and AlJo or Hanas.
Holland will say, sign him. He gets to match or take our 1st + 3rd next year.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Bouchard is worth a lot more than that

Reactions: Detroit Knights

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Any thoughts on signing Tarasenko? I know he's over 30 and all that, but he can score goals, and we need a top 6 scoring winger. Bonus for being a former Blue. The injury history is a little worrisome, but the dude is a finisher for sure.

Looking at the list of UFA RD, it looks like Klinger and Dumba are the two biggest names on there. I'm not really all that excited about either one, but I think one gets a short deal as a stop gap since we need a replacement for Hronek until one of the kids are ready.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I wouldn't be averse to Tarasenko, but I think he would want more term than we would be willing to give. He's more suited for a team looking to compete for the cup in 23-24 and 24-25.

At the age of 31 (32 in December) he will likely be looking for a 5 year deal at 6-7 million. I think we would want him at a 3 year deal.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
so it's an overpay if after putting up a career high in points and goals this year he doesn't take at minimum a 500k+ paycut to the deal he signed 7 years ago when the cap was $10 million smaller?

talk about unrealistic expectations
welcome to the life we live with norrisnick lol.

Holland will say, sign him. He gets to match or take our 1st + 3rd next year.
I would be more than happy to do sign him to 5-6 mil for a 1st + 3rd next year, as long as we have made or are going to make moves to increase offense. We get our RD, we have offensive weapon(s) and our 1st next year would be a late first in this case.

Would rather do that than the trade that was suggested lol.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Stevie is on record saying he wants to build. around. Larkin.
Well obvious he's gonna say that after re-signing him, but the rebuild will look a lot like Stevie's career. By the time the team contends for the Cup, Larkin isn't going to be the 1C, much like Stevie wasn't at the end of his career.

So I'm not really sure that's "building around him", regardless of what Stevie says. Maybe just semantics, I do expect DBoss to be the captain throughout his contract, and he might stay his whole career like the Captain did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad