2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Still feel like we’re letting Suter, Erne, and Chiasson walk. We sign Killhorn to a 3x5ish deal to play middle six C/W; Killhorn gets another year than he would otherwise get and gets one last payday at a higher AAV, Lalonde and Stevie get a guy they know and trust from TBL and can stop gap as Marco and whatever C we draft this year gets up to speed, and brings championship experience to the room, etc etc.

Letting us go into the year with a Larkin/Killhorn/Kasper - Copp third line shared C, leaving Raymond, Perron, Berggren, Rasmussen, Kubalik as the Top 9 wingers around that center core with potentially Fabbri and Zadina flexing in?

This is honestly the least impactful, make no wave signing I’ve come to expect at this point to provide just enough coverage to the youngsters but not so limiting in cost and term that we couldn’t dump trade or bury the contract if a prospect busts out.

There is probably a defensive depth signing for a cheap veteran if we can’t get a deal in place for Lindstrom, but it feels like Ed and AlJo will get their shots to join Seider, Walman, Chariot, Mattaa to round out the six but adding a veteran 7 makes sense.

Reactions: Ricelund

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
30 of those points were on a PP with Stutzle, Tkachuk, Giroux...
Giroux wasn't on pp1 but the centerpiece of pp2. Also, the Sens pp was better by 2.4%, not necessarily a powerhouse, and DeBrincat was one of the main reasons that it still was as good.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why’s no one talking about Killorn?
It's already been discussed....

Either he goes to a playoff team like Seattle for reasonable money or goes after the money with a lottery team. He's not coming to Detroit because Stevie isn't going to dish out big money because this team needs a 2C more than it needs a winger.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
It's already been discussed....

Either he goes to a playoff team like Seattle for reasonable money or goes after the money with a lottery team. He's not coming to Detroit because Stevie isn't going to dish out big money because this team needs a 2C more than it needs a winger.
Okey dokey!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Okay, so now tyler toffoli wants out of calgary.....

What do you guys think?

This past year he had 73 points. Last year of his contract at 4.25 AAV.

I mean, if anything he would be on our 2nd line if worst comes to worst and for some reason the first line doesn't work out...pretty cheap cap hit for a potential 70 point winger

Reactions: jkutswings

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Love his game, if he wants to come here and it's not gonna take a whole lot then sure. But it doesn't make sense to move early picks/good prospects for Toffoli. 29 isn't old by any stretch but it does miss our window imo.

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
What about Ryan O'reilly? The price rumored he is asking for is obviously too much but I like the idea of keeping assets and signing a center if possible?

• Love
Reactions: deca guard

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
uh-oh....RHD available...........................................

Hate that he is 35, but he shoots right, 6'4''.......uh oh. do we get excited for the possibility or no? He would be AMAZING to pair with edvinsson on the second line for veteran leadership and cup winning experience....

Didn't he f*** up any and all mobility when he tore up his knee DUI'in a golf cart? I don't want Ed to have to drag him up and down the ice.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Calgary is a tirefire.

"I think the biggest piece the Flames are looking at as they enter the summer is top-line centre Elias Lindholm."

"My understanding about where things sit with Lindholm is that there have been discussions between his camp and the Flames and I believe there are more discussions planned. At this stage there’s been no indication one way or the other whether he’d like to stay."

"I think he’s open to the idea [of staying in Calgary], depending on the contract, but that’s still in the early stages."

At this point I wonder if it's a race between Calgary and Winnipeg for who can dismantle everything first.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
If the price and terms are right, I wouldn't mind signing Killorn and/or ROR. They can help mentor guys like Berggren, Soder, Kasper, etc

Killorn - Larkin - Raymond
Perron - ROR - Rasmussen
Kubalik - Copp - Fabbri

That's a better top 9 than what we have and it can be rearranged a little bit if we have Copp and ROR switch lines, maybe move Raz to C and Copp to wing. Any thoughts?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If the price and terms are right, I wouldn't mind signing Killorn and/or ROR. They can help mentor guys like Berggren, Soder, Kasper, etc

Killorn - Larkin - Raymond
Perron - ROR - Rasmussen
Kubalik - Copp - Fabbri

That's a better top 9 than what we have and it can be rearranged a little bit if we have Copp and ROR switch lines, maybe move Raz to C and Copp to wing. Any thoughts?
If we sign two mid-30s UFAs for our top 6 I'm going to yeet myself off the tallest structure I can find.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
You have to think Vancouver will be right behind them the way they are spinning their wheels. The tire fire is spreading among the western Canadian teams.
I really think that the Covid lockdown really affected players views on playing in Canada. A lot of US born players especially couldn’t see their families for years. That’s one of the big reasons Gaudreau wanted out

Reactions: Detroit Knights
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad