2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
7s- low 8s. With Bratt and Caufield that's pretty locked in. That's where Ray will likely land as well.
With what Lucas has shown, he doesn't deserve to be named in the same sentence as DeBrincat, Caufield or even Bratt currently.
New Jersey paid Bratt ~$5.5M back to back where he delivered about point per game before giving him this contract. Caufield put up 26 goals in 46 games this season, DeBrincat being even better than them in total imo. Raymond isn't close to this output, he would really have to deliver next year.
There is just no way that you do not want to pay DeBrincat $8M+ but would throw $7M-$8.2M at Raymond, that would be a terrible contract.

Reactions: Gniwder

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
With what Lucas has shown, he doesn't deserve to be named in the same sentence as DeBrincat, Caufield or even Bratt currently.
New Jersey paid Bratt ~$5.5M back to back where he delivered about point per game before giving him this contract. Caufield put up 26 goals in 46 games this season, DeBrincat being even better than them in total imo. Raymond isn't close to this output, he would really have to deliver next year.
There is just no way that you do not want to pay DeBrincat $8M+ but would throw $7M-$8.2M at Raymond, that would be a terrible contract.
Caufield and Raymond produce at almost the exact same rate. Just one is more goals and the other more assists. And Ray is a full year younger.

The Wings can try a $5M bridge, but then get F'd with the higher cap. Just lock him in now. 8x$7.whatever is better than 2x$5.5 and then 8x$10M+.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I can take 1000 dollar bet that Raymond won't get a long-term deal. His next contract will end as RFA.

Seider is a possibility to go 8 years. After that he go for another 8 years. But I wouldn't be surpriced, if Yzerman does again something different, and goes with 5+6+5 years.

Reactions: Gniwder

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Wouldn't mind Barrie, or Trenin.

Nashville probably will get better offers around the trade deadline next year than Detroit can offer them now.

EDIT: On board with Peeke. Would also try to get Olivier included.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Depth pieces that are more important to the future than whatever you get out of the cap dumps.

Agreed. Except Kubalik and Perron. The two of them are most likely to be dealt next deadline.

Your numbers are also way off.

Cap space can't be carried forward. The Wings have a lot of cap room and should be using some it to take on bad short term contracts to gain even more long term assets such as quality prospects or picks. Or at least use it to add some decent depth (and make prospects earn their minutes) - similar to how they added Perron, Kubalik, Mattaa.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Agreed. Except Kubalik and Perron. The two of them are most likely to be dealt next deadline.

Your numbers are also way off.

Cap space can't be carried forward. The Wings have a lot of cap room and should be using some it to take on bad short term contracts to gain even more long term assets such as quality prospects or picks. Or at least use it to add some decent depth (and make prospects earn their minutes) - similar to how they added Perron, Kubalik, Mattaa.
Those two being extended is far more likely than them being traded.

Not at all. My numbers are conservative if anything.

I agree that we can eat a ton of salary THIS season. Anything beyond 1 season is potentially crippling given the importance of the players we need to re-sign.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Those two being extended is far more likely than them being traded.

Can't speak for Kubalik, but Perron was very clear in his comments after signing that he saw Detroit as his final stop for his family. He even spoke about how as time goes, he's comfortable moving down the lineup.

Obviously things can change, for both Perron and Yzerman, but as of now I think it's clear both want the relationship to be maintained long-term.

So yeah I'd be surprised if Perron is on the move.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
We need to be really f***ing careful with capspace this summer. Not factoring in anyone that isn't already on the team, we could very easily see a $20M jump in caphit in '24-'25 with just raises for Mo, Ray, Ras, Kubalik, and Bergie.

To illustrate. Take our current roster. Add a $8M forward, $5M defenseman, $3M goalie, and another $1M defenseman. Retain Veleno and Suter at a combined $4M, they can fight for how it gets split. That's just over $75M. Ton of room right?

Fast forward to next fall. Give the 5 mentioned above raises. Retain Perron with zero raise. $93M payroll.
In a perfect world:

Kubalik I try to deadline flip for max value. Bergy will be a 1.75-2.25 per year player so negligible raise. Rasmussen is interesting, I could see somewhere between 4.5-5.5 per hopefully buying around 2 ufa years. Suter is a 2-3 year 2-2.5 year so cheap. Raymond I'd try to bridge deal till like 26 say 5.5-6.5 range per. Mo I'd very interesting. I'd hope he takes a team friendly say 8.8 per year 8yr deal, but really I'm not losing sleep whatsoever if he makes 9.25-9.5 he is a 45-50 point all situations #1d.

For free agency I would tender a 2-3 years to Killorn similar to Perron deal. Mayfield I'd do a 4-5 year 5-5.5 deal. Him and Maata would really be great vet mentors to Wallinder and Edvinsson as they break into the league. With Chia pet I'd try to flip him in like 2 year's or buy him out once we have a buyout when Wallinder is ready for a full time NHL gig in like 1-3 years.

That was my exact thought in response to that post. When Kasper starts to round out I think the mantra will switch from "we need more center depth" to "we need more dynamic wingers". Having Kasper in the mix makes me feel cool as the other side of the pillow taking a scoring winger at 9OA.

Peeke is a 3rd pair guy still learning the league.

Mayfield is one of the best penalty killers bolstering or PK and mentoring our kids to become also top penalty killers.

That's why we should sign him. Not because he is old. Maybe you should level down your arrogance in many posts.

Mayfield would be a great fit for what we need. I like how he has been brought up recently great job folks for mentioning him.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, we can go full Coyote/Sabre/Thrasher and bring up young kids who aren't ready all at once. I mean sheesh whats the team going to look like? Then we get into injuries...

Perron - Larkin - Raymond(ELC)
Rasmussen - Copp - Kubalik
Berggren(ELC) - Kasper(ELC) - Mazur(ELC)
Zadina - Veleno(RFA) - Fabbri

Czarnik
Soderblom(ELC) / Matt Luff(RFA)

Walman - Seider(ELC)
Edvinsson(ELC) - Chairot
Maatta - Wallinder(ELC)

Johansson (ELC) / Lindstrom(RFA)

Husso
Cossa(ELC)
That's some 2010s pre-McDavid Edmonton Oilers stuff right there.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
That's some 2010s pre-McDavid Edmonton Oilers stuff right there.

Funny thing is there are fans here that actually want to see Kasper and Mazur next season. I'd like to see Stevie at least pick up a vet RHD in UFA or trade so at least the team will have a decent defense that doesn't get shelled. Fester pretty much coaches low event hockey anyways, so the team can play like Nash/NYI.

Anyways, my bold prediction is that Ed winds up being better than Mo, so Mo won't get the humungous contract everyone is predicting. Raymond is a second lime winger, the numbers being thrown out are just ridiculous.

If Ed's on the roster, I'll watch games even if the team sucks overall. That lineup just shows the Wings still need 2 top line wingers, 2C, a RHD, and a vet goalie to fill in until Cossa is ready.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
In regards to Fabbro, if Poile/Hynes was still in charge, im sure we could've gotten Fabbro for cheap as it seemed like Hynes never truly trusted him despite him looking good on a paring with Josi. Now that Trotz/Brunette are in charge, im not entirely sure he's available. I think Trotz wants to see what he can do with a different coach. That being said, Nashville has Fabbro/Carrier/Livingstone/Foote as far as RHD are concerned. Livingstone is a wild card and Foote ironically enough, doesnt have the foot speed we would be looking for imo.

As for Lindholm, Im not sure what Calgary is planning on doing but if he's available I would ask about him and Tanev as a package deal. I think Tanev would be a solid RHD to acquire and he's a good player for the younger guys to learn from. If not Tanev, like mentioned, Mayfield would be a solid add too. We would likely have to move Chiarot though, I dont know what the price to ship him to Chicago would be. They need salary and Chiarot could help protect Bedard while they rebuild.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Friedman speculates that Ivan Barbashev is gonna get 7-8 -year deal with 5.50 - 5.75 million.

I dunno. 27-year old should be maximum term with 6 years and maybe 5.0M would be realistic.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
My wish list for the off-season:

9 OA for signed Debrincat 8.5 mil/8 years. 17 OA+Zadina for Lindholm and extend him 8x7. Sign Bertuzzi 6.5 mil/6 years. Bring Wallinder over.

Roll into next season with Kubalik-Larkin-Debrincat, Bertuzzi-Lindholm-Raymond, Berggren-Copp-Perron, Soderblom-Kasper-Rasmussen at forward and Seider-Walman, Edvinsson-Maatta, Chiarot-Wallinder on defense. You would still have room to gradually raise RFA salaries as time goes on and your highest paid player would only be at 8.7 million with an increasing cap; you would have a core group of players locked up for 6-8 years.

That team makes the playoffs and competes.

Reactions: Henkka

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007

Apparently offered Suter a one-year deal.
Not surprising I guess. I don't blame Suter for wanting more than 1 year (or Chiasson for wanting a 1-way contract).

Previously, it was reported that Lindstrom will not be re-signed either. So that leaves Veleno as the only guy of note who will be re-signed. Lots of guys out the door, lots of opportunity for Yzerman.

Assuming Ed makes the team, looks like Detroit has 10 forwards, 5 defensemen, and 1 goalie for next season. Forward will be interesting, internally, with Soderblom, Kasper, and Mazur knocking on the door.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

9 OA for signed Debrincat 8.5 mil/8 years. 17 OA+Zadina for Lindholm and extend him 8x7. Sign Bertuzzi 6.5 mil/6 years. Bring Wallinder over.

Roll into next season with Kubalik-Larkin-Debrincat, Bertuzzi-Lindholm-Raymond, Berggren-Copp-Perron, Soderblom-Kasper-Rasmussen at forward and Seider-Walman, Edvinsson-Maatta, Chiarot-Wallinder on defense. You would still have room to gradually raise RFA salaries as time goes on and your highest paid player would only be at 8.7 million with an increasing cap; you would have a core group of players locked up for 6-8 years.

Pass on both of those. Rather go after Debouis and keep the 9 OA.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

competes in the 1st round. and then what? another rebuild in 4-5 years? Unfortunately, we need to hit on our draft picks for e.g., Lombardi to become top-6 center, Buchelnikov to become top-6 sniper, Kasper to become 200 foot defensive center like Kesler, etc.

Otherwise, making playoffs a couple of times in 5-6 years is what our ceiling will be. Take a look at Wild or Jets and they have much better talent up front.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I think you have to flip those trades, to me I'm not paying anything more than 17th OA+ something not our best prospects for Dcat and Lindholm would take the 9th OA as a starter.

I keep seeing how they gave up 7th OA for him, yeah after a 40 goal season, and in a weak draft. I prefer the players available in our range over guys that were available last draft. I'm making the pick unless it's some player like a Connor or Keller.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Pass..

Sorry but no thank you

I'm open to Debrincat but using the 17th OA instead plus an ok prospect or a 2nd plus dumping salary(fabbri). Ottawa has no pick till rd 3 this year. I see a return being the 17th, a 2nd and Fabbri plus maybe Zadina as a reclamation project

I think we need to keep our #9 and our 1st next year and 2 of our 2nd rounders this year.

If Bostons pick is moved it better be for a young top 4 RT shot dman.

We can add some more depth via free agency this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad