2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Did someone say Gudas? Pass.

giphy.gif

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Provorov with 4.7M caphit for 1st (22nd overall) +2nd is quite a good deal.

Yzerman could have pulled this too with our picks but our left side is pretty crowded.

Always saw Provy as good partner for Seider.

Remember Babcock was fan of Provorov's play? They got their guy for the coach.
All they gotta do is pickup Burns and Bab's clock will go from 6 to midnight real quick.

Reactions: Henkka

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
pretty dirty hit to the head...

or are you talking about gudas? because I would love gudas.
Was just going to say this…

Not totally sure how the finals are being officiated, but that was a pretty bad hit last night. If the roles were reversed, Gudas would have been thrown out and probably suspended.

Gudas on our backend would be a cool addition, but him and Chiarot on the same team means we have 2 anchors on the backend. I love thé toughness, but they both lack foot speed.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
DeBrincat next contract could cost as much as 10.6M for next 8 seasons.
Maybe Larkin's contract or probably is the ceiling for a contract. Would I pay him 9? I probably would he is just entering his prime and has proven he can be a 40 goal scorer. At the very least I think he outscores Larkin.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Maybe Larkin's contract or probably is the ceiling for a contract. Would I pay him 9? I probably would he is just entering his prime and has proven he can be a 40 goal scorer. At the very least I think he outscores Larkin.
I don't think he can outscored Larkin on this team. He'd be dependent on Larkin for his chances.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
The Red Wings are interested in bringing back Suter and Chiasson, but :

The Red Wings are not expected to re-sign any of their other pending UFAs: forward Adam Erne, defensemen Gustav Lindstrom, Robert Hagg, Jordan Oesterle and Mark Pysyk and goaltenders Alex Nedeljkovic and Magnus Hellberg.

Source

Good. Not a single one of them was worth a damn this year.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Good. Not a single one of them was worth a damn this year.
I'd give Magnus a League min/high-ish AHL two-way deal. He has limitations but he stepped up as a #3 and was a consummate professional with the whole carousel ride he'd been on. Still look for a #2, but we need a good option. Unless we're looking into Lethemon for that role...

Chiasson seems like good peeps, I'd be ok with him being our 13th forward.
I'm less thrilled about that. We really need to work Ras and Soda into the netfront role. That's what got them to the NHL in the first place.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If Chiasson is brought back and gets parked on PP1 net front over Ras and Elmer, then be sure to not bother signing or trading for anyone else, because it will be clear we still aren't good enough to contend for the playoffs

We have to do better than Chiasson. If he is brought back, it better be a two way deal and we can bury him at GR.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I'd give Magnus a League min/high-ish AHL two-way deal. He has limitations but he stepped up as a #3 and was a consummate professional with the whole carousel ride he'd been on. Still look for a #2, but we need a good option. Unless we're looking into Lethemon for that role...

There are better options as a #3 though. There are quite a few backup options available this offseason.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

The Red Wings are not expected to re-sign any of their other pending UFAs: forward Adam Erne, defensemen Gustav Lindstrom, Robert Hagg, Jordan Oesterle and Mark Pysyk and goaltenders Alex Nedeljkovic and Magnus Hellberg.

Source

So it's official, we'll be adding a new goalie this year.

A young buy low candidate in the mold of the Ned and Husso acquisitions is Mackenzie Blackwood. Injuries have kept him from keeping his job in NJ, but he's flashed a lot of talent in the past. If you're looking for a "steal" that could outplay his contract, that's the guy I target. But he could just as easily continue to struggle and have nagging soft tissue injuries.

Otherwise there's the journeyman goalie roulette! Not too many appealing names, to be honest. I'd imagine many of the ones who played well this year get retained by their current teams.

Reactions: Mister Ed

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
pretty dirty hit to the head...

or are you talking about gudas? because I would love gudas.

Was just going to say this…

Not totally sure how the finals are being officiated, but that was a pretty bad hit last night. If the roles were reversed, Gudas would have been thrown out and probably suspended.

Gudas on our backend would be a cool addition, but him and Chiarot on the same team means we have 2 anchors on the backend. I love thé toughness, but they both lack foot speed.

In what way was that a dirty hit? Barbashev had the puck. Gudas stupidly led with his face while trying to poke a puck and going straight into a guy. Never mind that Gudas absolutely deserved that, Barbashev was well within his right to reverse hit a guy coming straight at him, especially Gudas. It's not Barbashev's fault that Gudas sabotaged himself.

Source
Chiasson is a bit of a surprise, but I guess he checks the box of good, cheap depth. The rest all make perfect sense.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm less thrilled about that. We really need to work Ras and Soda into the netfront role. That's what got them to the NHL in the first place.
I would guess he would fall in the “can play on the power play in a pinch” mold and not someone that would block Rasmussen or Elmer if everyone is healthy. If I’m remembering correctly he only got power play opportunities last year after Rasmussen would get hurt.

I think it is mostly a depth move for a guy with some versatility.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
So it's official, we'll be adding a new goalie this year.

A young buy low candidate in the mold of the Ned and Husso acquisitions is Mackenzie Blackwood. Injuries have kept him from keeping his job in NJ, but he's flashed a lot of talent in the past. If you're looking for a "steal" that could outplay his contract, that's the guy I target. But he could just as easily continue to struggle and have nagging soft tissue injuries.

Otherwise there's the journeyman goalie roulette! Not too many appealing names, to be honest. I'd imagine many of the ones who played well this year get retained by their current teams.
To add to this, here's an article from Seravalli on this :

Mackenzie Blackwood
Goaltender, New Jersey Devils
Qualifying Offer Due: $3.36 million
Scoop: Blackwood is far and away the most likely player to not be issued a qualifying offer this spring. Seen as recently as two years ago as one of the promising, up-and-coming young goaltenders, Blackwood’s stock has dropped steadily by combination of injury and inconsistent play. Over the last three years, he’s appeared in 82 games with an .897 save percentage. It’s possible the Devils could try to find a suitor ready to rehab Blackwood for a late-round pick, but every team knows he’s set to become a UFA otherwise.

Reactions: Bench
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad