2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Det
17th Bostons 1st 24 Johansson 2nd
Sjs
Erik Karlsson 50%

Det
9th Raymond
Leafs
Marner

Det
Zadina
Ari
Keller

Sign Kane, Tarasenko , Oreilly , Killorn

Keller Larkin Marner
Kane Oreilly Tarasenko
Rasmussen Kasper Perron
Killorn Copp Berggren

Edvinsson Seider
Walman Karlsson
Maatta Chiarot

ez cup

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

There's now enough smoke I think we can officially put DeBrincat on the trade block.

Hard to guess his value after a down season and pending contract extension looming. I wouldn't be excited to get into a bidding war. But if the Michigan boy has circled Detroit as a favorable destination, this could be a big step forward by adding a legit scorer next to Larkin.

Reactions: SoupNazi

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There's now enough smoke I think we can officially put DeBrincat on the trade block.

Hard to guess his value after a down season and pending contract extension looming. I wouldn't be excited to get into a bidding war. But if the Michigan boy has circled Detroit as a favorable destination, this could be a big step forward by adding a legit scorer next to Larkin.
I guess they would need to take the best offer, but I cannot imagine you pull the trigger on that in division if you're the Sens.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I guess they would need to take the best offer, but I cannot imagine you pull the trigger on that in division if you're the Sens.

Very true.

The only way this shakes out is if DeBrincat has made it known he won't sign in other locations and prefers Detroit. The only reason I even bring it up is because he's from Michigan and there's a need for a player like him in Detroit.

Think Adam Fox forcing his way to New York (who came from division rival Carolina) for good, not great compensation while technically not having control of his contract.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Very true.

The only way this shakes out is if DeBrincat has made it known he won't sign in other locations and prefers Detroit. The only reason I even bring it up is because he's from Michigan and there's a need for a player like him in Detroit.

Think Adam Fox forcing his way to New York (who came from division rival Carolina) for good, not great compensation while technically not having control of his contract.
It would be a nice break to have the two time 40 goal scoring Detroit native come home for his prime. I mean I like Debrincat and Connor to Detroit talk because they are elite. I will say Debrincat being your righty on the PP wall isn't probably great news for Lucas. I do think Raymond could be our actual best bumper because of his ability to feel his way open on ice. But that part of this would be interesting in my mind. He doesn't add more toughness, although he might be a guy that answers the penalty with goals making it less fun to keep up the rough stuff.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It would be nice to get debrincat off our backs playing against him. Just looked it up and we are tied for 2nd with most goals against from him (11) vs the entire league. And the wings are 1st on his list of total points against (30).

So he loves playing against the wings at least. But maybe it's just because he is playing at home in front of more family? If that is the case, why wouldn't we want him on our team! He will just keep scoring at home all year.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
In regards to Alex Killorn :

I think Tampa Bay made Alex Killorn a looooong-term, lower-AAV contract offer, but he’s in demand and that will be tough to do. Source

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It would be nice to get debrincat off our backs playing against him. Just looked it up and we are tied for 2nd with most goals against from him (11) vs the entire league. And the wings are 1st on his list of total points against (30).

So he loves playing against the wings at least. But maybe it's just because he is playing at home in front of more family? If that is the case, why wouldn't we want him on our team! He will just keep scoring at home all year.
Wings are #1 for goals and points for Kucherov. We should pursue him instead.

DeBrincat next contract could cost as much as 10.6M for next 8 seasons.
Do. Not. Want.

Reactions: Henkka

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Wings are #1 for goals and points for Kucherov. We should pursue him instead.

Do. Not. Want.
Oh you know kucherov is wanting to be traded after signing his contract? Where did you hear that?

Oooooo I get it, you are trying to create a similar situation when you are actually completely off because kucherov hasn't said he wants to be traded (debrincat has said he wont sign with ottawa). So you are just wasting more time and energy to create a thought process that makes no sense with the facts we have in front of us.

Oh and it doesn't seem like you read the full post either. Makes sense.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
umpire-vomits.gif

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
In regards to Alex Killorn :

I think Tampa Bay made Alex Killorn a looooong-term, lower-AAV contract offer, but he’s in demand and that will be tough to do. Source

That goes in line with what I said earlier, he's gonna want big bucks to play for a dumpster fire team like the Wings. I think the best Stevie can do is more end of career guys like Perron or reclamation projects like Maatta. Not sure who fits the bill there.

The only thing worth overpaying for in UFA is a RHD, at least having a defense will keep the games a little closer with fewer blowouts.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Ok but that probably doesn’t take into account that he’s a midget with no defensive game, right? I’m struggling to see how he’s worth that when a fellow midget with no defensive game coming off a 100+ point
40 goal season signed for about a million less than that under the same cap number.

Reactions: Gniwder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad