2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
For what it's worth, his girlfriend is from Grosse Pointe and went to UofM. He comes to Michigan to train with Larkin and other UofM/NTDP alumni in the summer.

That is interesting. If he is willing to resign we should definitely take a serious look at trading for him.

Tarasenko would also be a great fit from the UFA market. Most of his best years are behind him but we have a ton of space and really need a goal scorer. I think hed be a great fit along side Larkin and Raymond.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
That is interesting. If he is willing to resign we should definitely take a serious look at trading for him.

Tarasenko would also be a great fit from the UFA market. Most of his best years are behind him but we have a ton of space and really need a goal scorer. I think hed be a great fit along side Larkin and Raymond.
I would think a guy like Tarasenko would be a good guy to learn from for a guy like Raymond.

Reactions: SirloinUB

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Im completely just spit balling but what are peoples thoughts on J.T Miller? Hes a beast, great Faceoff guy, super competitive and not as old as we think (30) and he is a guy who HATES losing. Imagine we trade Andrew Copp for him, sign Alex killorn and keep all our draft picks.

Top 9 of:
Killorn - J.T Miller - Kubalik (sub in Benson/Leonard when ready)
Mazur - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Kasper - Berggren
Soderblom - Lombardi - Fabbri

9 OA - we draft whoever is there from Benson/Leonard
17OA - go RHD here draft Willander
41-43 we trade up into late 1st and grab Stenberg/Nadeau

Future D core of:
Edvinsson - Seider
Wallinder - Willander (lol)
Walman - Matta/chiarot

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Im completely just spit balling but what are peoples thoughts on J.T Miller? Hes a beast, great Faceoff guy, super competitive and not as old as we think (30) and he is a guy who HATES losing. Imagine we trade Andrew Copp for him, sign Alex killorn and keep all our draft picks.

Top 9 of:
Mazur - Larkin - Raymond

Future D core of:
Edvinsson - Seider
Walman - Matta/chiarot
Hating losing doesn't help when you're dumb as a brick and don't know how to not lose.

I'd rather imagine trading Chiarot for Heiskanen, cuz that's equally plausible.

Reactions: SoupNazi

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

Top 9 of:
Mazur - Larkin - Raymond

Future D core of:
Edvinsson - Seider
Walman - Matta/chiarot
How do we get him without trading anything other than Copp?

Also hard pass for me

Reactions: TCNorthstars

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

Top 9 of:
Mazur - Larkin - Raymond

Future D core of:
Edvinsson - Seider
Walman - Matta/chiarot
The team is only slightly better and we get older and more expensive, so I don't really see a need to pursue that

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Would kick tires on Laine if Babcock is coming in.
Mixed feelings for this player. Lethal shot, one heck of a goal scorer, but an absolutely lazy human and awful pro.

He’s an absolute man child and hasn’t matured. I think he is what he is and will only thrive in a perfect world type of scenario.

I don’t think he will be worth the asking price either.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Mixed feelings for this player. Lethal shot, one heck of a goal scorer, but an absolutely lazy human and awful pro.

He’s an absolute man child and hasn’t matured. I think he is what he is and will only thrive in a perfect world type of scenario.

He'll always divide opinion, I get that a lot of folks here don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Ultimately though this team has no goals in it. My take on it is:

Reactions: iDangleDangle

jaster

My dog from Belgium came with frites.
Jun 8, 2007
He'll always divide opinion, I get that a lot of folks here don't think the juice is worth the squeeze.

Ultimately though this team has no goals in it. My take on it is:

If hockey were analogous to baseball, I’d agree. But players rub off on each other more in hockey. Locker room cancers and lazy players more easily drag the rest of the team down. It’s close to not mattering at all in baseball though…. other than battery mates and maybe middle infielders, it’s just a bunch of individuals not relying on each other out there.

I love Moneyball though.

Anyway, just say no to Laine. Let’s build this thing the right way.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If hockey were analogous to baseball, I’d agree. But players rub off on each other more in hockey. Locker room cancers and lazy players more easily drag the rest of the team down. It’s close to not mattering at all in baseball though…. other than battery mates and maybe middle infielders, it’s just a bunch of individuals not relying on each other out there.

I love Moneyball though.

Anyway, just say no to Laine. Let’s build this thing the right way.
So hardworking players can't rub off on less industrious players, but laziness is infectious? Interesting....

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So hardworking players can't rub off on less industrious players, but laziness is infectious? Interesting....
Anything is possible. But I don't think the Wings quite have a New England Patriots level of locker room just yet, to successfully take on the level of hassle that Laine would bring.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Who said hardworking players can't rub off on others? Happens all the time, it's part of what makes some players good leaders. Vets teaching kids, a pretty well-known phenomenon, especially in Detroit. But this isn't a binary issue, there is a spectrum. And some guys are too far down the spectrum to be fixed. Some have had several attempts made on them and haven't changed. With some, the juice isn't worth the squeeze, as someone said.

Luckily there's nothing to worry about here, Yzerman ain't bringing Patrik freaking Laine to Detroit, given his history with guys like that.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Who said hardworking players can't rub off on others? Happens all the time, it's part of what makes some players good leaders. Vets teaching kids, a pretty well-known phenomenon, especially in Detroit. But this isn't a binary issue, there is a spectrum. And some guys are too far down the spectrum to be fixed. Some have had several attempts made on them and haven't changed. With some, the juice isn't worth the squeeze, as someone said.

Luckily there's nothing to worry about here, Yzerman ain't bringing Patrik freaking Laine to Detroit, given his history with guys like that.
And what history is that?

What players like Laine has Yzerman dealt with? I'm curious how far you are willing to stretch this comparison...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

You just don't understand Patrik Laine as a person at all.

He is gonna love Babcock and Babcock loves him.

Reactions: 13to40

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
The lack of goal scoring got us looking at any avenue. Look what they have done to us.

giphy.gif

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
You just don't understand Patrik Laine as a person at all.

He is gonna love Babcock and Babcock loves him.
So... Laine is a masochist? How are normal non-Finn hockey fans supposed to know things like that?

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
And what history is that?

What players like Laine has Yzerman dealt with? I'm curious how far you are willing to stretch this comparison...
None, because he avoids them. That’s the point :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad