2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
You could end up being right in both cases, I think I just like some of those bigger or well-rounded guys better.

Still not sure what to make of Wood... Sometimes I think he should be ranked closer to 10 and sometimes closer to 20.
Yeah Woods tough. The skill is top 15 level, but the skating is so bad. If you draft him you really have to stick him with a good skating coach and pray he improves. If he does he'll be very worth it.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Even if Sandin Pelikka available? I d rather have 2 forwards in the first and Reinbacher should be gone by NYI pick
I would question the Hronek trade a lot more if we use it to select another smallish, offensively minded RHD. Like yeah, we get younger.. but Willander fits what I expect Yzerman is building a lot better.

Reactions: NickH8

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I know it's dumb and probably asked and answered already, but gotta ask.

There is no way we can move up in the draft other than first or second pick right? and we can fall 10th and 11th, yes?

Reactions: lilidk

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Correct. Barring trades of course.
According to Tankathon, we have a 0.2% chance of picking third.

It's small (1 in 500) but not zero, if they're right.

But let's be honest: The Red Wings' percentage probability of picking anywhere above 9th is (to be read in Dean Wormer's voice): ZERO POINT ZERO ZERO.

I'll be relieved if those totally random ping-pong balls don't drop us back to 11th.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

But let's be honest: The Red Wings' percentage probability of picking anywhere above 9th is (to be read in Dean Wormer's voice): ZERO POINT ZERO ZERO.

I'll be relieved if those totally random ping-pong balls don't drop us back to 11th.
With the first overall pick of the 2023 NHL Draft. The Detroit red wings are pleased to select…

… damn I woke up what a dream that would have been

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
1. Bedard
2. Fantilli
3. Carlsson
4. Michkov (would be 2 if not for the Russian factor)
5. Smith
6. Moore
7. Yager
8. Reinbacher
9. Dvorsky

Is about where I'm sitting, but I can be convinced to move up any of Perreault, Benson, Leonard, Sale, Barlow, or Wood.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to through life son...

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I know it's dumb and probably asked and answered already, but gotta ask.

There is no way we can move up in the draft other than first or second pick right? and we can fall 10th and 11th, yes?

Very unlikely we fall. I can't see 1 team past 9, let alone 2 winning the lottery. I think CBJ and Chicago are winning the picks.

Hey, that is Elite Goaltending numbers.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Very unlikely we fall. I can't see 1 team past 9, let alone 2 winning the lottery. I think CBJ and Chicago are winning the picks.
In 2020, the Rangers had a 0.0031% chance to win the #1 pick and they did. Literally every theoretical possibility is in play. CBJ and Chicago both winning is also very unlikely, even if it's one of the more likely unlikely outcomes.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
In 2020, the Rangers had a 0.0031% chance to win the #1 pick and they did. Literally every theoretical possibility is in play. CBJ and Chicago both winning is also very unlikely, even if it's one of the more likely unlikely outcome.
We need T-shirts saying, "Cheering for the less likely unlikely."

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Draftsim updated, rankings are bit off.
Draft Simulator

#10 Oliver Moore (C)
#18 Gabe Perreault (W)
#41 Noah Dower-Nilsson (W)
#42 Maxim Strbak (RHD)
#43 Kasper Halttunen (W)
#73 Kalle Carlsson (C)
#118 David Edström (C)
#137 Felix Unger Sorum (W)
#169 Carsen Musser (G)
#201 Cole Knuble
The guy who did the write ups gives out the elite skating label like candy

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
The more I see of him and read on him, I really like Halttunen late in the first or early in the second.

If he’s gonna be there later in the first, trade back and pick up more picks. Alternatively, if Steve feels he will make it to the second rd with the three in a row, take him there.

He adds a forward dimension with size and strength coupled with a great shot that doesn’t appear in our pipeline or really the rest of the draft. He has some snarl and is a big frame. This team needs power forward types and right handed shots. He needs to work on everything a little bit, but his meanness will be welcomed.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Draftsim updated, rankings are bit off.
Draft Simulator

#10 Oliver Moore (C)
#18 Gabe Perreault (W)
#41 Noah Dower-Nilsson (W)
#42 Maxim Strbak (RHD)
#43 Kasper Halttunen (W)
#73 Kalle Carlsson (C)
#118 David Edström (C)
#137 Felix Unger Sorum (W)
#169 Carsen Musser (G)
#201 Cole Knuble (C)
1. Bedard
18. Dvorsky
41. Strbak
42. Wahlberg
43. Lardis
73. Pitre
118. Fowler
137. Sotheran
169. Hendrickson
201. Conmy

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
#10 Eduard Sale, LW
#18 Dalibor Dvorsky, C
#41 Tom Willander, RD
#42 Kasper Halttunen, RW
#43 William Whitelaw, LW/C
#73 Tristian Bertucci, LD
#118 Oskar Fiskar Molgaard, C
#137 Dominik Petr, C
#169 Alexander Hellnemo, G (overager)
#201 Cole Knuble, C (overager by 3 months)
Doubt Willander is available that late. This draft sucks for d-men so teams will be grabbing the good ones early.

Reactions: lilidk and AD1066

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Doubt Willander is available that late. This draft sucks for d-men so teams will be grabbing the good ones early.
Would you be willing to package two of our second rounders to move up to 29-31st ish if he is still on the board?

Also, is he really good or just the tallest midget? I admit he has looked pretty good at the u18s from what little I have watched.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Unless one of my top 7 (Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Benson, Smith, or Moore) falls to us, I want two of this group of 8 in the first round. Looking for scorers!

1. Ryan Leonard, R
2. Brayden Yager, C
3. Gabe Perreault, RW
4. Kiehn Ziemmer, RW
5. Colby Barlow, RW
6. Nate Danielson, C
7. Andrew Cristall, LW
8. Ethan Gauthier, RW

I love Perreault and Ziemmer more than most and I'm not sure you take them at 9 (maybe?), and are hoping we get them at our second pick. Dream draft would be Leonard then Perreault.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You could be right, but then again I didn't think William Wallinder would make it to #32 in that draft and he did. Tom Willander was #46 on Bob's mid-season list. Let's see where he is at on the final list.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Unless one of my top 7 (Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Benson, Smith, or Moore) falls to us, I want two of this group of 8 in the first round. Looking for scorers!

1. Ryan Leonard, R
2. Brayden Yager, C
3. Gabe Perreault, RW
4. Kiehn Ziemmer, RW
5. Colby Barlow, RW
6. Nate Danielson, C
7. Andrew Cristall, LW
8. Ethan Gauthier, RW

I love Perreault and Ziemmer more than most and I'm not sure you take them at 9 (maybe?), and are hoping we get them at our second pick. Dream draft would be Leonard then Perreault.
It really seems like Perreault is trying to be a huge goal scorer at worlds. Seems like a good pick to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad