2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
I was just thinking about today that I have like 8 players in a cluster I have no clue how to rank.

Barlow, Cristall, Reinbacher, Moore, Perreault, Wood, Danielson, Yager

I like all these players but I don’t know what to do with them.

You expect those guys to go 5-15 overall give or take? Are you leaning towards anyone as a favorite for the 8-10 spot I should start watching more video of?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You expect those guys to go 5-15 overall give or take? Are you leaning towards anyone as a favorite for the 8-10 spot I should start watching more video of?
For me I have:

Bedard
Michkov
Carlsson
Fantilli
Smith
Benson
Dvorsky
Sale

And then I have no clue who to put next, lol.

(2-4 you can flip around and same with 5-8)

I have been thinking more and more I like Barlow, but I feel like not everyone on here is a fan. I have liked Moore all the way through. But it gets hard for me to order that group I posted. I can see the argument for Reinbacher, what he is doing in the NL is somewhat unprecedented.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I was just thinking about today that I have like 8 players in a cluster I have no clue how to rank.

My opinion, drop Cristall.

Reinbacher will be gone by the pick the Wings have(1st).

The others I can handle a throw the dice pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
My opinion, drop Cristall.

Reinbacher will be gone by the pick the Wings have(1st).

The others I can handle a throw the dice pick.
Do you not like Cristall? Or not think the Wings would?

He could be a prime option for that second pick, if we keep it. I’ve considered at times ranking him 9, 10, or 11. I think he’s a really good offensive player.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Wood, Moore, Reinbacher, Barlow, Danielson, Perreault, Yager, Cristal

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Do you not like Cristall? Or not think the Wings would?

He could be a prime option for that second pick, if we keep it. I’ve considered at times ranking him 9, 10, or 11. I think he’s a really good offensive player.

I do not, completely honest.

Very skilled player, but his complete game is around a crapshoot.

I see Drouin.

I'm praying for someone between the two picks Detroit has to take him, just to move a potential pick out of the way.

I have no problem eating crow on this post.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
First pick: Any of Dvorsky, Benson, Moore, Sale, Barlow, Yager, Reinbacher
Second pick: Obviously any of the kids from group 1 if theyre there....but otherwise, Leonard, Ritchie, Wood, Cristall, Musty.

2nd round I would be happy to come away with any combo of Sawchyn, Rehkopf, Lardis, Willander, But, and Honzek. Im waiting for the u18s to see how Dower Nilsson and Stenberg look. I would definitely be ok with Otto in the 2nd, but NDN has not impressed me in any of the international games that Ive caught him in.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Timo Meier being an RFA should basically kill any discussion around him.

The only way he's not a Devil is if he absolutely forces his way out and demands a trade.

See: DeBrincat forcing a trade from Ottawa.
Yep. Go Rangers. #RootForDrama

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

And most of them will likely go in the range Detroit is picking too...

Reactions: lilidk

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013

tough to rank for sure. Me personally Cristall Yager Perrault Reinbacher Barlow Moore Danielson Wood

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Reinbacher with our first pick and then 9 centers in a row please
And Reinbacher will become our #3 Defansman, behind Seider and Edvinsson, upfront we have have second line center Kasper and first line wing Reimond even if Kasper becomes first line center, we still need another first line center, just like Fedorov and Yzerman and D&Z. .
There are couple rhd that will be available in second round and SY traded Hronek, probably because he has lots of confidence with AJ

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
And Reinbacher will become our #3 Defansman, behind Seider and Edvinsson, upfront we have have second line center Kasper and first line wing Reimond even if Kasper becomes first line center, we still need another first line center, just like Fedorov and Yzerman and D&Z. .
There are couple rhd that will be available in second round and SY traded Hronek, probably because he has lots of confidence with AJ
That's one way to look at it, sure. I prefer to see it as hedging our bets in case Edvinsson or Wallinder don't work out, or Seider regresses or has a career altering injury. And if all 4 of them pan out the way we hope, we'll have the best top 4 in the league until I'm old enough to retire. I find that comforting.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
upfront we have have second line center Kasper and first line wing Reimond even if Kasper becomes first line center, we still need another first line center, just like Fedorov and Yzerman and D&Z. .
Larkin?

Im starting to think Reinbacher might be long gone before Red Wings are on the clock. Way i see the top-14 currently is
1. Bedard
2-4. Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov
5-6. Smith, Moore
7-9. Reinbacher, Benson, Sale
10-14. Dvorsky, Yager, Barlow, Danielsson, Leonard
and several players could be taken at 15-16, Cristall, Ritchie, Wood, Perreault, Heidt, Sandin-Pellikka, Gauthier. Im thinking picking a center with the 1st pick, i will be keeping a close eye to Dvorsky at the U18 Worlds.

I believe Ras will be a winger in the future, so the need for another center remains. Having another 2A/2B center in the 3rd slot would give Red Wings excelent depth in the future. Dvorsky has lot of the tools what Yzerman values in a player and Yager & Danielsson also fit in that mold. And both of them are right handed centers, which is also something what Red Wings are missing in the middle. Very difficult desicion who to pick at the moment.

The Isles pick is in good place, personally i would pick Hronek's replacement then. Axel Sandin-Pellikka but he doesn't fit in Yzerman's MO, ASP - Edvinsson would be excelent 2nd pair. BPA selection makes the most sense, there is going to be good players available.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Larkin?

Im starting to think Reinbacher might be long gone before Red Wings are on the clock. Way i see the top-14 currently is
1. Bedard
5-6. Smith, Moore
and several players could be taken at 15-16, Cristall, Ritchie, Wood, Perreault, Heidt, Sandin-Pellikka, Gauthier. Im thinking picking a center with the 1st pick, i will be keeping a close eye to Dvorsky at the U18 Worlds.

I believe Ras will be a winger in the future, so the need for another center remains. Having another 2A/2B center in the 3rd slot would give Red Wings excelent depth in the future. Dvorsky has lot of the tools what Yzerman values in a player and Yager & Danielsson also fit in that mold. And both of them are right handed centers, which is also something what Red Wings are missing in the middle. Very difficult desicion who to pick at the moment.

The Isles pick is in good place, personally i would pick Hronek's replacement then. Axel Sandin-Pellikka but he doesn't fit in Yzerman's MO, ASP - Edvinsson would be excelent 2nd pair. BPA selection makes the most sense, there is going to be good players available.
I was talking about next wave , kids , just kids

Reactions: SantosHalper

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Larkin?

1. Bedard
5-6. Smith, Moore

In regards to Ras being a winger “in the future” - am I the only one who heard Ken Daniels mention during a mid-season broadcast that Yzerman himself sees Ras as a winger and that’s where he’s slated to stay? I keep seeing people classify Ras as a center or a possible center but it sounds like that ship has long sailed and the org now considers him a winger.

Reactions: SantosHalper

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
In regards to Ras being a winger “in the future” - am I the only one who heard Ken Daniels mention during a mid-season broadcast that Yzerman himself sees Ras as a winger and that’s where he’s slated to stay? I keep seeing people classify Ras as a center or a possible center but it sounds like that ship has long sailed and the org now considers him a winger.
Yeah, Ras seems like a winger to me and has for several years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad