2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I like that we have 41-43 at current. Honestly, I hope that stays. I love when teams just stay on the clock. Hopefully we do better with our three back-to-back-to back picks than Boston did though. Boston's literally the class of the league right now and that's with drafting Senyshyn, Debrusk, and Zboril instead of Connor, Chabot, and Barzal.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I like that we have 41-43 at current. Honestly, I hope that stays. I love when teams just stay on the clock. Hopefully we do better with our three back-to-back-to back picks than Boston did though. Boston's literally the class of the league right now and that's with drafting Senyshyn, Debrusk, and Zboril instead of Connor, Chabot, and Barzal.
My hunch is some will be used for a roster upgrade, hopefully adding scoring. It would be cool though to have 3 straight picks.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looking at Bob's mid-season ranking, 9 and 18 would be Dvorsky and Cristall. That would make me very happy, but that's just me.

Then 39-49 he has Allen, Lindstein, Rehkopf, Hameenaho, Brindley, Brzustewicz, Cataford, Willander, Bjarnasson, Dower Nilsson. I would gladly take any of those 3 guys.

We are sitting in a good spot, all things considered. Curious to see what his final list looks like. Should still have plenty of good options.

We have done really well with our top picks, will be interested to see how we handle having this many quality picks.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Should look into a sign and trade with NJD and Meier at the draft.

Sign and trade:
2024 1st top 10 protected
2023 2nd (whichever is the last one)
2024 2nd

Just RFA trade:
2024 2nd

Would that interest anyone...

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Sign and trade:
2024 2nd

Just RFA trade:
2024 2nd

Hopefully they get swept by the Rangers and Meier goes public saying he wants to test the market. That would evaporate New Jersey's leverage but might still let Yzerman get his rights for cheaper.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Looking at Bob's mid-season ranking, 9 and 18 would be Dvorsky and Cristall. That would make me very happy, but that's just me.

Then 39-49 he has Allen, Lindstein, Rehkopf, Hameenaho, Brindley, Brzustewicz, Cataford, Willander, Bjarnasson, Dower Nilsson. I would gladly take any of those 3 guys.

We are sitting in a good spot, all things considered. Curious to see what his final list looks like. Should still have plenty of good options.

We have done really well with our top picks, will be interested to see how we handle having this many quality picks.
Edvinsson - Seider
Wallinder - Willander
Johansson - Johansson

Looks good to me

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Any chance Ste...., I mean Draper packages the 2 1st rounders to move up?
Not sure if it is worth to do both 1sts.

When Yzerman traded up to Dallas' pick to get Cossa, He did the 1st (20thOA?), 2nd same year, 5th same year. That was to go from 20th to 15th.

We now have the 18th most likely, so let's just say we do the same other picks as we did then, we would probably go 13-15th. Idk, they would have to do it for someone they really really want and think one of those teams will take them. Interesting to see.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Hopefully they get swept by the Rangers and Meier goes public saying he wants to test the market. That would evaporate New Jersey's leverage but might still let Yzerman get his rights for cheaper.
You mean test the market in '24?

Testing the market in '23 gives NJ four 1sts.

Testing the market in '24 makes him not worth trading for one season only. Essentially a rental in a year we likely aren't contending.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014

Hameenaho seems a bit underrated to me. I’ve just seen highlights and read some articles, but I’m having a hard time finding the draw back. He’s played against men for a full season, shoots right, and Has good instincts. I could actually see one of the second rounders, if we use all three, being better than one of our first rounders.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You mean test the market in '24?

Testing the market in '23 gives NJ four 1sts.

Testing the market in '24 makes him not worth trading for one season only. Essentially a rental in a year we likely aren't contending.
My bad. I thought he was a UFA instead of RFA.

Reactions: norrisnick

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Sign and trade:
2024 2nd

Just RFA trade:
2024 2nd

If NJ can get him to re-sign why would they trade him? They gave up a good bit to get him in the first place.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

I don't think we make all three picks, but if we do, I hope some combo of Bonk, Brindley, Ritchie, But, Stramel, Simashev, Perron, Molgaard and Sawchyn are still available.

I like Brzustewicz but I don't see him as our type of draft pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think we make all three picks, but if we do, I hope some combo of Bonk, Brindley, Ritchie, But, Stramel, Simashev, Perron, Molgaard and Sawchyn are still available.

I like Brzustewicz but I don't see him as our type of draft pick.
I like pretty much all the guys you mention here, I would be shocked if Ritchie is still there for those picks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad