2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Eliteprospects has him at #10 and when I looked him up the dude has 21 points in his last 10. I don't love his skating when I've seen him, but you can see the combination of smarts and hands whenever he touches the puck. If Moore is off the board at Detroit's pick a 1st round of Leonard and Perron as their picks is also realgud and addresses some organizational needs for talented offensive forwards up front.
Kinda interesting that you have 3 undersized kids having very productive seasons on powerhouse teams, but none of them are getting any hype. Seems like the consensus is saying they are a product of their environment.

Jayden Perron - 59 pts in 49 games in the USHL for the 1st place Chicago Steel
Bradley Nadeau - 94 pts in 47 games in the BCHL for the 1st place Penticton Vees
Aidan Fink - 97 pts in 54 games in the AJHL for the 1st place Brooks Bandits

Have to wonder if 1 of these 3 guys could be a Gaudreau like steal.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Kinda interesting that you have 3 undersized kids having very productive seasons on powerhouse teams, but none of them are getting any hype. Seems like the consensus is saying they are a product of their environment.

Jayden Perron - 59 pts in 49 games in the USHL for the 1st place Chicago Steel
Bradley Nadeau - 94 pts in 47 games in the BCHL for the 1st place Penticton Vees
Aidan Fink - 97 pts in 54 games in the AJHL for the 1st place Brooks Bandits

Have to wonder if 1 of these 3 guys could be a Gaudreau like steal.

Yzerman isn't averse to picking from non-traditional leagues like the BCHL and AJHL either when you listen to his comments about Makar back in 2017. How would you rank the skating of these guys?

Also here's an older podcast with the assistant GM of the Chicago Steel I think you'd get a kick out of. They really have turned themselves into a top notch program in the USHL.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yzerman isn't averse to picking from non-traditional leagues like the BCHL and AJHL either when you listen to his comments about Makar back in 2017. How would you rank the skating of these guys?

Also here's an older podcast with the assistant GM of the Chicago Steel I think you'd get a kick out of. They really have turned themselves into a top notch program in the USHL.

I'll be honest, I have not seen any of the 3 play. From what I have heard about them, Nadeau interests me the most.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I mean, except for the racist and homophobic slurs and suspensions, yeah it was a great pick.

Which one was it? Racist? Homophobic?
Got a link that says, definitively?

He's 19th in scoring from his draft - despite being a defenseman. H's third among defensemen
He's got more points than Jacob Vrana.

Defensemen picked ahead fo DeAngelo include Ekblad, Fleury, Honka and Sanheim.

Other players picked ahead of him include Dal Colle, Viranen, Perlini.

DeAngelo was a good pick.

A lot better than Slater Koekoek

Reactions: Dtybur and wings95

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Which one was it? Racist? Homophobic?
Got a link that says, definitively?

He's 19th in scoring from his draft - despite being a defenseman. H's third among defensemen
He's got more points than Jacob Vrana.

Defensemen picked ahead fo DeAngelo include Ekblad, Fleury, Honka and Sanheim.

Other players picked ahead of him include Dal Colle, Viranen, Perlini.

DeAngelo was a good pick.

A lot better than Slater Koekoek
Here ya go, sweetie

Reactions: SoupNazi

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
Can somebody top this mock on FC hockey
FC RANK 6
detroit-red-wings.svg

SMITH WILL
C
USNTDP JUNIORS
USHL
6'0”
172 lbs
USA.svg

FC RANK 20
detroit-red-wings.svg

REINBACHER DAVID
D
EHC KLOTEN
SL
6'2”
187 lbs
AUT.svg

FC RANK 27
detroit-red-wings.svg

WOOD MATTHEW
RW
VICTORIA GRIZZLIES
BCHL
6'3”
181 lbs
CAN.svg

FC RANK 42
detroit-red-wings.svg

ZIEMMER KOEHN
RW
PRINCE GEORGE COUGARS
WHL
6'0”
194 lbs
CAN.svg

FC RANK 46
detroit-red-wings.svg

HONZEK SAMUEL
C
VANCOUVER GIANTS
WHL
6'3”
181 lbs
SVK.svg

FC RANK 67
detroit-red-wings.svg

DVORAK JAKUB
D
BILI TYGRI LIBEREC
CZECHIA
6'4”
192 lbs
CZE.svg

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
If Reinbacher is gone at #10 then Oliver Moore is my number one target. Best skater in the draft, a ton of tenacity pretty smart, and decent enough hands.

That's a guy I instantly thought of when I watched Leonard, especially seeing him in the red white and blue. It reminded me of Cally when he was on the rags. There might be more goalscoring potential in Leonard's game though.

Another one to consider as a comparable is Dustin Brown with wheels.

I think a draft where Detroit drafts a potential Larkin clone and Ryan Callahan clone as a huge success.

EDIT: That video is making me more interested in Jayden Perron. Seems like a very smart player.

Yeah I also came away from this video just really liking Perron. Found myself watching #17 on the Steel...looked at their roster and it's Celebrini, ha!

Perron's shooting percentage this year is down a decent chunk from last season. Might have to do with Celebrini being the main goal scorer on the PP, so there's less high percentage chances for Perron.

Also, with a name like Thor Byfuglien, I expected him to be bigger.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’m not sure who it was, possibly Scott Wheeler, or someone else at the Athletic but they had us ranked 7th in terms of prospects in the organization. After this draft with 5 in the top 50 or so we should crack the top three this summer

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
just started scratching the surface of 2023 darft & Early thoughts:
-think it a pretty solid guess that drw draft tenth, a bunch of half decent teams ahead of them in the standings but would say almost zero chance of any teams beneath rising

-bedard, fantilli, carlsson, michkov will all be off the board by the time DRW

-outside of those four will smith (wizard with the puck) and oliver moore (high motor, high skill) both center pop out as potenital DRW picks

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud and lilidk

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
Winning the draft lottery and nabbing Fantilli at 2 would immediately make this rebuild the best in the league and effectively end it.

Would it be more realistic to hope Benson falls to 10?

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad