2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
For those of you who watch Swedish juniors--what is the deal with Hannes Hellberg. If he were two weeks younger he would be first-time eligible, and with his numbers I have to think he would be getting tons of attention. Yet he isn't on a single list--even Central Scouting didn't list him.

I haven’t heard of the guy until now since I don’t really watch Leksands or Borlange. I’ll keep an eye out though. His J20 numbers are definitely eye popping.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
I think Reinbacher is a guy we look long and hard at with at the least are second first rounder. Plays a very mature game. If we get Smith or Yager then Reinbacher, we did very welll.

My guy, Reinbacher is the best defender in this draft. Anyone that honestly believes he’ll be available at Detroit’s FIRST pick is kidding themselves. I’m betting he’s gone between #5 and #8.

If the move up to get him is there I consider trading NYI’s first and DET’s for him. He’s realgud. Like, really realgud.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
For those of you who watch Swedish juniors--what is the deal with Hannes Hellberg. If he were two weeks younger he would be first-time eligible, and with his numbers I have to think he would be getting tons of attention. Yet he isn't on a single list--even Central Scouting didn't list him.
He reminds me of Ohgren from last year with the way he plays. I like him a lot. He's strong, smart, forechecks really well and score a tons of goals... can't ask for much more than that. I guess his skating is nothing special, but it's not a hindrance either.

My guy, Reinbacher is the best defender in this draft. Anyone that honestly believes he’ll be available at Detroit’s FIRST pick is kidding themselves. I’m betting he’s gone between #5 and #8.

If the move up to get him is there I consider trading NYI’s first and DET’s for him. He’s realgud. Like, really realgud.
Yeah, Reinbacher is going top 10. I'll be shocked if he isn't the first dman picked.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, Reinbacher is going top 10. I'll be shocked if he isn't the first dman picked.

Reinbacher’s mobility is top notch and he’s already very advanced defensively. I love how competitive he is as well. Every time I’ve seen him I can’t help but think he’s an Yzerman type of player. 100% every shift, super smart, great skater, and team first. i also think he’s a lot closer to the NHL than most other prospects in the 5 to 15 range.

Reactions: NickH8 and Realgud

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Reinbacher’s mobility is top notch and he’s already very advanced defensively. I love how competitive he is as well. Every time I’ve seen him I can’t help but think he’s an Yzerman type of player. 100% every shift, super smart, great skater, and team first. i also think he’s a lot closer to the NHL than most other prospects in the 5 to 15 range.
Also quite physical and has no problem getting in other people's face

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
There’s certainly some Seider-like elements in his game. The offense is starting to come along, too.

And considering our new need for a 2nd pair RD he fills a giant hole.
I disagree with none of this.

But it goes completely against my desperate need to see a game breaking forward drafted as soon as humanly possible. So I reject it. :neener:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I understand the BPA route, but, our biggest need is dynamic top line game breaking offensive talent.

If we take a dman with our first he better be a "Norris level" dman. I know you cant predict that but our prospect pool is well stocked with high quality dmen, coupled with Seider it just dosent scream "need."

While defense wins championships you still need to score and do so regularly with ease.

I'd prefer B2B forwards this year if possible

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Do you think we should swap some of our top defensive prospects for forwards

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Controversial opinion but I'd settle for a Norris caliber defenseman or a dynamic top line game breaking offensive talent.
Problem is we have no idea how those 18 year old will progress. Yzerman likes to draft 19 year old. There are also not guarantee anything

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
David Reinbacher may be plain and simple BPA at our pick, if the A in BPA even applies by then. I know I recently advocated for doubling up on forwards, but if by some miracle Reinbacher falls to us I think he's a guy Yzerman can't resist taking. He fits his MO to the letter. Big, mobile defenseman with edge and offensive skill. There's a ton of potential top 6 forwards for us to take with the Isles pick. Heidt, Leonard, Barlow, Sale, Danielson, will all just be sitting there for the taking. On the other hand, once Reinbacher is gone, you aren't getting a top defenseman in this draft.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I mean the way I see it you gotta move up into the early 20s with some of your second rounders, I know it takes two to tango but there’s always someone looking to trade down around there. We could come out of this thing with 2 centers and a RHD.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
David Reinbacher may be plain and simple BPA at our pick, if the A in BPA even applies by then. I know I recently advocated for doubling up on forwards, but if by some miracle Reinbacher falls to us I think he's a guy Yzerman can't resist taking. He fits his MO to the letter. Big, mobile defenseman with edge and offensive skill. There's a ton of potential top 6 forwards for us to take with the Isles pick. Heidt, Leonard, Barlow, Sale, Danielson, will all just be sitting there for the taking. On the other hand, once Reinbacher is gone, you aren't getting a top defenseman in this draft.
No, we need to stack up on forwards in this draft.

Reactions: Roy S and lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If we draft tomorrow , I don't think Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith , Benson will be available. Wonder if he likes someone outside top 6 and he trades up our 10 ++ for that #7 spot

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
would love to walk away from the draft with 2 of the following. They should be in our range with our first couple picks, but of course things change with end of year rankings.

-Reinbacher
-Yager
-Cristall
-Dvorsky
-Sandin-Pellikka
-Barlow

Reactions: jfrank21

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
No, we need to stack up on forwards in this draft.
We can keep covering our ears and eyes and ignore the fact that the best RD in our system is Anton Johansson for as long as we want until we're clamoring to sign guys like Mike Green when we're in our competitive window again.

I'd rather just draft Reinbacher and let him develop into a solid #3.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Reinbacher is trending towards being the top d man in this draft, and the top d man in this draft probably goes before we pick. Someone will draft off of need. There is almost always a defenseman that goes in the first 6-7 picks of a draft. He is playing well in a men’s league and checks a lot of boxes. I have to think he will appeal heavily to GMs who are inherently risk averse, especially at the top of the draft.

I would be totally good taking him if he slides to us, although I really think this is a draft to take a forward with your top pick.

The other guy I would take with one of our firsts that is a RD is Dragicevic. He was my top d man before the ascension or Reinbacher, and I think he is underrated in this class.

I really like the ideas of two forwards in the first round though. Especially if one of those guys is bigger and/or a goal scorer. I think you could get some interesting defenseman in rounds 2-3. >>>>>>

I like Beau Akey, Hunter Brzustewicz, Max Strbak, Caden Price, Oliver Bonk, Cam Allen, Andrew Strathmann, Gavin McCarthy, Tristan Bertucci, Aram Minnetian

I also wonder if Simashev or Gulyayev could slide to round 2 because of the Russian factor.

Last edited:

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Reinbacher will be long gone so my hope is Barlow and Danielson. Time to stock up on right handed boys from Ontario !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad