2023 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I mean, we could potentially walk out of the first with Dvorsky and Barlow, or Ritchie and Danielson, or Heidt and Fisker Molgaard, or Moore and Yager....how can you not be excited for this?? Plus, 3 early 2nds, package 2 and move back into the 1st to make it 3 1st rounders....reeeaaaally good chance to round out the prospect pool with this draft.

I think Dvorsky is a guy I avoid now. His skating has been wholly unimpressive to me. Now THAT is a guy I think becomes a full time winger or he becomes a Strome level center. Either way pass.

I would cry

We just got rid of Hronek. Why do you want to add a Honzek? :mad:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I think Dvorsky is a guy I avoid now. His skating has been wholly unimpressive to me. Now THAT is a guy I think becomes a full time winger or he becomes a Strome level center. Either way pass.

To replace him, duh. Reinbacher step out of the way!

• Wow
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I don’t get this reasoning at all. Him and Carlsson are pretty similar skaters to me.

I have only seen this narrative with Dvorsky being a bad skater exist on this board.

Carlsson is a way better skater than Dvorsky. Dvorsky isn’t bad but he’s not great either. Like I said, The Strome brothers are comparable in my opinion. Very talented and has a good offensive mind. Skating will limit his overall impact.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Carlsson is a way better skater than Dvorsky. Dvorsky isn’t bad but he’s not great either. Like I said, The Strome brothers are comparable in my opinion. Very talented and has a good offensive mind. Skating will limit his overall impact.
Everytime I have seen him play in an international tournament I have thought he looks fantastic. I have not seen someone who looks limited by his skating.

I have seen people question his consistency though. But as far as an option in the 7-15 range? I think he’s a good one and I don’t know why we are counting him out.

I don’t know what guys in that range are significantly better skaters.. other than Moore?

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
For those of you who watch Swedish juniors--what is the deal with Hannes Hellberg. If he were two weeks younger he would be first-time eligible, and with his numbers I have to think he would be getting tons of attention. Yet he isn't on a single list--even Central Scouting didn't list him.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
What would you guys rather have the 13th/14th overall pick in this year's draft or an unprotected NYI 1st rounder in next year's draft? I know this year's class is strong but know nothing about next year's class.
No reason to think the Isles are going to be worse next year with no major losses and getting Horvat for the whole year.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
What would you guys rather have the 13th/14th overall pick in this year's draft or an unprotected NYI 1st rounder in next year's draft? I know this year's class is strong but know nothing about next year's class.
This year 100% for me. We'll most likely getting 2 good/great players this draft based on where we and Isles finish.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, I think we are going to butt heads on this one...I think the skating can be improved enough to the point where it's a non issue. He's very young for the class, he has tons of development left. What cant be taught, he has in spades and I would be thrilled to land him. Hoping that Isles pick ends up at 13 and the Wings end up at 9 or 10 and we can get Dvorsky and Moore and hedge our bets!

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

If you get Uncle Fester Avatar you don't need to change it for next 10 years

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
I think Reinbacher is a guy we look long and hard at with at the least our second first rounder. Plays a very mature game. If we get Smith or Yager then Reinbacher, we did very welll.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfrank21

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I think Reinbacher is a guy we look long and hard at with at the least are second first rounder. Plays a very mature game. If we get Smith or Yager then Reinbacher, we did very welll.
Best available center, then most mature player

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like this kid as a RD option in round 2 or 3 (also like Akey and Brzustewicz)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'd go with next year. It's unprotected, and Isle's will have trouble improving with no cap space or prospects to fill holes.

Plus, Detroit could trade the 2024 pick early, at the draft kinda thing.
They filled a big hole with Horvat. Full season and a healthy Barzal, they should be further up next season. That and I'd rather get the pick sooner (in a stacked draft) than later.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
They filled a big hole with Horvat. Full season and a healthy Barzal, they should be further up next season. That and I'd rather get the pick sooner (in a stacked draft) than later.

I understand, and I see you're point.

If you look at the way the Isle's are set up, they are a couple of injuries away from a top 5 pick next year

Reactions: ZDH

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I understand, and I see you're point.

If you look at the way the Isle's are set up, they are a couple of injuries away from a top 5 pick next year
The thing with the Isles is unless they completely implode the fingerprints of Trotz will have them playing that disruptive style which keeps them in every game. Similarly to Trotz' Nashville teams even when bad they were never dumpster fire awful.

I'd rather a 15-20ish pick this season than even a 10ish one next. I guess the tiny lottery win chance.... But what's at the top of the '24 draft?

Reactions: jkutswings

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
The thing with the Isles is unless they completely implode the fingerprints of Trotz will have them playing that disruptive style which keeps them in every game. Similarly to Trotz' Nashville teams even when bad they were never dumpster fire awful.

I'd rather a 15-20ish pick this season than even a 10ish one next. I guess the tiny lottery win chance.... But what's at the top of the '24 draft?

They can't play that style anymore. They don't have the personal.

Also, no depth. Isle's prospect pool is horrible.

And at the top of the 2024 draft doesn't look too bad. Top 5 are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad